Inspiration lovers...

Essiesmom

40 minutes ago, OC SeaPA said:

We have a 4 day on the Imagination booked for this November.  When I went onto the website it showed the Inspiration as still having availability.  Guess they will take the deposit $, then move them over onto our sailing?  Seems like they should have taken off the Inspiration bookings completely, and just let the cruisers interested book onto the Imagination direct (which will probably be rescheduled also!)

Good thing you chose Imagination because if people haven't figured out by now, Carnival is more than willing to take their money despite no chance some of these ships will be around and potentially no replacement ship for the selected cruise. Folks can keep burying their head in the sand thinking these future cruise itineraries mean a ship will be around yet last I checked both Fantasy and now Inspiration are gone despite reservations still existing online.

Edited by embarkation75

Was just on the Inspiration this past January. I had such a blast and was a great 3 day weekend before the crisis began.

Good bye my little girl, you will be missed. 😪😔

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 1

If she is truly gone, I will miss her. 😪 She was my favorite of the 2 sisters. My best guess is either the Imagination takes over the F-M & M-F run, or they move newer tonnage(with more balconies, thus increasing fares) such as the Miracle to take her spot. 

I haven't been on the boards much of late, so I just found out about Fantasy and Inspiration. I always knew the day would come when the Fantasy Class ships would start to leave the fleet, I just kept hoping it wouldn't happen soon. They are by far my favorite class, and Inspiration is my most-cruised CCL ship. She will be missed! 

This whole thing just keeps getting worse and worse. Pretty soon I'll have to start taking cruises on ships built in this century, and that makes me very sad. 😭

3 minutes ago, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

If she is truly gone, I will miss her. 😪 She was my favorite of the 2 sisters. My best guess is either the Imagination takes over the F-M & M-F run, or they move newer tonnage(with more balconies, thus increasing fares) such as the Miracle to take her spot. 

Highly doubt they'd opt to move the Miracle from San Diego and San Fran unless they're just giving up on the lucrative Alaska cruise season and longer Hawaii and Mexican Riviera profits but who knows at this stage. On the other hand, moving Imagination to a place like Mobile and then shifting another Spirit or Conquest class ship out of Florida to Long Beach is possible.

39 minutes ago, DarthGrady said:

I haven't been on the boards much of late, so I just found out about Fantasy and Inspiration. I always knew the day would come when the Fantasy Class ships would start to leave the fleet, I just kept hoping it wouldn't happen soon. They are by far my favorite class, and Inspiration is my most-cruised CCL ship. She will be missed! 

This whole thing just keeps getting worse and worse. Pretty soon I'll have to start taking cruises on ships built in this century, and that makes me very sad. 😭

Lol, always a unique view

37 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Highly doubt they'd opt to move the Miracle from San Diego and San Fran unless they're just giving up on the lucrative Alaska cruise season and longer Hawaii and Mexican Riviera profits but who knows at this stage. On the other hand, moving Imagination to a place like Mobile and then shifting another Spirit or Conquest class ship out of Florida to Long Beach is possible.

It will be cold in hades before Carnival puta a ship in San Fran again.  

17 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

It will be cold in hades before Carnival puta a ship in San Fran again.  

How well have the San Diego sailings sold? It just seems like any lost sailings out of San Francisco would just be given to Seattle/Vancouver if during the Alaska season, or San Diego if not. I guess Long Beach could now be in play as well since it looks like they've lost a ship.

1 minute ago, tidecat said:

How well have the San Diego sailings sold? It just seems like any lost sailings out of San Francisco would just be given to Seattle/Vancouver if during the Alaska season, or San Diego if not. I guess Long Beach could now be in play as well since it looks like they've lost a ship.

There have not been many from San Diego, and I believe they have  long term contracts for both Seattle and Long Beach.  San Fran is a shame but with the way they abounded Carnival with the Miracle going their at the start of the virus, it will not happen again for a long while.  

4 minutes ago, tidecat said:

That's a good point I hadn't thought about with keeping the same itineraries that existed in San Diego and San Francisco but just moving the ship to Long Beach. Not sure if that is possible with longer cruise distance from Long Beach. However, for the 3-4 day cruise lovers, it is highly unlikely the Miracle will be moved into that role at the expense of the more lucrative Alaska cruise season and longer Hawaii and Mexican Riviera profits without the Miracle also being replaced by another ship.

5 minutes ago, tidecat said:

I live in Orange County- about 45 min drive from Long Beach and maybe 50 min from San Diego.  The San Diego terminal has terrible parking, and not much of a cruise terminal.  The new Long Beach terminal is fantastic, and can cover the Los Angeles market much better than San Diego can (traffic on the 405 can be a beast!).  My guess is to put a larger ship on the 3/4 day runs. 

Don't forget about the Panorama- we were on their 3 or 4 sailing the first of January this year, and it is a fantastic ship!  Plus, with what NCL is charging for their 7 day Mexican Riviera run means Carnival is more than competitive. 

Also, remember Holland also sails from San Diego and Princess also sails from San Pedro, so we still have a few options for Southern Calif cruises without flying! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

That's a good point I hadn't thought about with keeping the same itineraries that existed in San Diego and San Francisco but just moving the ship to Long Beach. Not sure if that is possible with longer cruise distance from Long Beach. However, for the 3-4 day cruise lovers, it is highly unlikely the Miracle will be moved into that role at the expense of the more lucrative Alaska cruise season and longer Hawaii and Mexican Riviera profits without the Miracle also being replaced by another ship.

I think either the Glory or the Conquest will be moved to the 3/4 Catalina and Ensenada run. My guess is that the Conquest will assume that role based on current location and dry dock is coming up. A dry dock is required to install the shore power hookup system required for California based cruise ships. The Miracle also does not have as much difference in passenger count than the Fantasy class ships. Inspiration takes 2056 passengers double occupancy vs the Miracle’s 2124 for double occupancy.

Edited by ch09

11 minutes ago, ch09 said:

I think either the Glory or the Conquest will be moved to the 3/4 Catalina and Ensenada run. My guess is that the Conquest will assume that role based on current location and dry dock is coming up to install the shore power hookup system required for California based ships. The Miracle also does not have as much difference in passenger account than the Fantasy class ships. Inspiration 2056 vs Miracle 2124.

I would agree that it makes much more sense to use the Glory or Conquest if the Imagination also is shifted elsewhere than using the Miracle.

12 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

I would agree that it makes much more sense to use the Glory or Conquest if the Imagination also is shifted elsewhere than using the Miracle.

The Voyager of the Seas could be coming to LA to do the same Catalina and Ensenada sailings. The Imagination does not really compare with the Voyager. A Conquest class ship can compete. Regardless, this change will occur as the Fantasy class ships are now starting to be phased out. 

Edited by ch09

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 5:59 PM, ch09 said:

I think either the Glory or the Conquest will be moved to the 3/4 Catalina and Ensenada run. My guess is that the Conquest will assume that role based on current location and dry dock is coming up. A dry dock is required to install the shore power hookup system required for California based cruise ships. The Miracle also does not have as much difference in passenger count than the Fantasy class ships. Inspiration takes 2056 passengers double occupancy vs the Miracle’s 2124 for double occupancy.

So it looks like the Radiance will be taking over.

• Carnival Radiance will move to Long Beach after its renovation is complete and is expected to arrive in April 2021 to begin Baja Mexico itineraries that had been run by Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration previously. 
  • Guests booked on Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration after April 22, 2021, will sail on Carnival Radiance.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/07/25/carnival-other-cruise-lines-cutting-ships-fleets-amid-covid-19/5449857002/

Edited by ecarbine

2 hours ago, ecarbine said:

So it looks like the Radiance will be taking over.

• Carnival Radiance will move to Long Beach after its renovation is complete and is expected to arrive in April 2021 to begin Baja Mexico itineraries that had been run by Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration previously. 
  • Guests booked on Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration after April 22, 2021, will sail on Carnival Radiance.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/07/25/carnival-other-cruise-lines-cutting-ships-fleets-amid-covid-19/5449857002/

Yes. The Radiance was chosen, since it can be retrofitted to meet California requirements once the refurbishment starts.