Equinox Renovations?

dwwall

Has anyone heard of any dry dock renovations being done during this unexpected time off?  Equinox was not able to complete its originally scheduled upgrades.  Is that being done now?  Any others getting any changes?

It’s been reported here on cc that, unfortunately, there will be no upgrades, renovations, Revolutionizing or the like being considered for the foreseeable future.  Some folks have been speculating there is a possibility that the m class ships might be seeing their last days with Celebrity.  Time will tell.

42 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

It’s been reported here on cc that, unfortunately, there will be no upgrades, renovations, Revolutionizing or the like being considered for the foreseeable future.  Some folks have been speculating there is a possibility that the m class ships might be seeing their last days with Celebrity.  Time will tell.

I certainly hope not, since we have Connie scheduled in 2021.  She won't be Reved, but we'll still be dining in Luminae for the first time, and will enjoy Michael's.  I like the current locker room anyway.  The Rev will cut it in half.

5 minutes ago, marieps said:

I certainly hope not, since we have Connie scheduled in 2021.  She won't be Reved, but we'll still be dining in Luminae for the first time, and will enjoy Michael's.  I like the current locker room anyway.  The Rev will cut it in half.

The Millennium was already reved and the upgrades look great - especially the revamped bathrooms 

The Bride and I were on the Equinox last September, she is in fine shape.  Was great to still have the huge open forward Sky Lounge...great views....stayed in a hump cabin on deck 9...wish I was at the Sunset Bar right now.  🙂

• Like 1

As has been pointed out in numerous other threads already, all scheduled 2020 and 2021 refurbishments or revolutionizing have been put off until 2022 at the earliest. We have 2 Infinity cruises booked for next year and we had hopped that the scheduled Nov 2020 refurb would happen, it isn't but we do not care as we just want to be anywhere but stuck at home.

52 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

The Bride and I were on the Equinox last September, she is in fine shape.  Was great to still have the huge open forward Sky Lounge...great views....stayed in a hump cabin on deck 9...wish I was at the Sunset Bar right now.  🙂

She was indeed, I think  we were on the same cruise.

30 minutes ago, yorky said:

She was indeed, I think  we were on the same cruise.

I think we embarked Sept 23rd from Port Everglades, had great weather for most of the cruise..11 day Southern route..

• Like 1

We were on Equinox last October. We were told that no further changes would be made until all the other ships in the queue for the Revolution had completed their changes.

Generally the ship was in great shape in most area. We obviously cannot comment on all room types but our RS has same carpets and curtains that we remembered from last cruise but we had fresh bedding and a new sofa. No big deal..

The big limited change on Equinox compared to other Revolutionised  ships is the Retreat Deck which on Equinox is one floor only and has no water feature (Jacuzzi tub). So if you are cruising generally this will not effect you but if you are cruising in a suite it is something to consider...The area is hot and windy, not ideal...

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I think we embarked Sept 23rd from Port Everglades, had great weather for most of the cruise..11 day Southern route..

Yep, we were on the same cruise.

• Like 1

We were on the Equinox post-partial revolution and we were very happy with her.  We stayed in a Sky Suite, which is a treat for us as we usually cannot afford them.  Perhaps the Retreat deck is not as nice as it could have been, but truthfully we really liked it anyway.  I'm not sure exactly what was revamped in the room, but we found it in good shape and the bed very comfortable.  Truthfully I wish they had not revamped Michaels Club into the Retreat Lounge as we very much preferred the warm, comfy feeling of Michaels as opposed to the cold, modern, very bright, and less comfortable new lounge.  But service was great and the afternoon snacks were a nice touch, as was the occasional music.