Radiance of the Seas for Sale

How much?

It seems obvious, but given all the loyal to Royal cruisers around the world, it is somewhat surprising some savvy business-minded people haven't got together and created some sort of cooperative ownership scheme

It's a shame they are trying to sell off their smaller ships. Smaller ships have access to ports that larger ones don't and personally, I don't care for al the bells and whistles on the newer ships and don't like paying for them.

• Like 2

Just now, Computer Nerd said:

It's a shame they are trying to sell off their smaller ships.

RCI ships have been showing up on sites for sale for years - very unlikely it indicates that anything will happen to the ship anytime soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI ships have been showing up on sites for sale for years - very unlikely it indicates that anything will happen to the ship anytime soon.

Agree, Grandeur and Vision were "For Sale" 10yrs ago

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

It's a shame they are trying to sell off their smaller ships. Smaller ships have access to ports that larger ones don't and personally, I don't care for al the bells and whistles on the newer ships and don't like paying for them.

They will have to keep a couple of smaller ships if they want to continue to sail out of Tampa. The Rhapsody is also for sale, the Brilliannce has been sailing out of Tampa (as has the Rhapsody) and she and her sister ships are the largest class of RCCL ships that can sail under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Let’s buy it. I’ll chip in $5. How bout the rest of you? How much you think we’ll need. Including tax. I assume there’s tax on cruise ships; anyone know?

I figure 5,000 of us would have to put in $25,000 - $30,000 each on average, which allows for half-time use of the ship each, and covers crew salaries.  Maintenance, food, and entertainment would be extra. 👍

Oh, and my son's fiancee's son is getting a degree in Business-Hospitality, so he could be Hotel Director in 2 years for cheap, too.

Edited by pcur
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, pcur said:

I figure 5,000 of us would have to put in $25,000 - $30,000 each on average, which allows for half-time use of the ship each, and covers crew salaries.  Maintenance, food, and entertainment would be extra. 👍

Oh, and my son's fiancee's son is getting a degree in Business-Hospitality, so he could be Hotel Director in 2 years for cheap, too.

I am sure that is posted in fun, because that sounds highly doable to me

There are thousands and thousands of loyal cruisers from all the lines that would love a time share on a cruise ship

4 minutes ago, compman9 said:

I am sure that is posted in fun, because that sounds highly doable to me

There are thousands and thousands of loyal cruisers from all the lines that would love a time share on a cruise ship

Well, someone can post back here when they get it figured out.

2 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

They will have to keep a couple of smaller ships if they want to continue to sail out of Tampa. The Rhapsody is also for sale, the Brilliannce has been sailing out of Tampa (as has the Rhapsody) and she and her sister ships are the largest class of RCCL ships that can sail under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

Isn't Tampa redundant, much like Baltimore.🤔😇

This never gets old 😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Isn't Tampa redundant, much like Baltimore.🤔😇

This never gets old 😉

I have no idea what you're talking about, or course you have posted 42,000 threads more than I have so that must make you a legend in your own mind.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

I have no idea what you're talking about, or course you have posted 42,000 threads more than I have so that must make you a legend in your own mind.

No worries, I'm sure you'll catch up.

I was referring to the FACT that the Tampa market can easily be served out of Pt Canaveral or South Florida. No real NEED for Royal to have ships in 4 Florida ports.

Same can be said for Baltimore

So there really isn't a NEED to keep smaller ships just to serve those two sub markets.

And now you're caught up😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I was referring to the FACT that the Tampa market can easily be served out of Pt Canaveral or South Florida. No real NEED for Royal to have ships in 4 Florida ports.

So there really isn't a NEED to keep smaller ships just to serve those two sub markets.

No, the Tampa market cannot be easily served out of PC or FLL. The two ports are on completely opposite sides of Florida. I do wish they would use the Tampa location to go to ports that PC of FLL would have a hard time getting to (such as Progresso).

7 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

No, the Tampa market cannot be easily served out of PC or FLL. The two ports are on completely opposite sides of Florida. I do wish they would use the Tampa location to go to ports that PC of FLL would have a hard time getting to (such as Progresso).

Definitely a long way if youre walking😉

Screenshot_20200709-181548_Maps.thumb.jpg.cc4d7de28aa467531edc33ae73599a76.jpg

Less than two hours by car.😁

I didn't realize Royal went to Progresso that often🤔

Besides, the point is what to do if Royal divests themselves of the smaller ships. I'm not advocating that they abandon Tampa, its just a possibility that wouldn't be a really big deal

BTW, if you live in Ocala or The Villages, PC is only about 30 minutes further away that Tampa

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

At least I now know what you're talking about. Living in Sebring we like Tampa as a departure port, easy for us to get to, Port Canaveral is not bad but for us we have to drive halfway through Orlando and I-4 can be a pain in the neck more often than not. I see you live in Ocala so Port Canaveral might be easier to for you than Tampa. A couple more cruise lines decided to use Tampa if and when it's safe to cruise, Celebrity and MSC will now be sailing out of there plus HAL decided to keep sailing out of Tampa, at one point they were going to pull out.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

At least now I know what you're talking about. 

We live in Sebring and Tampa for us is the easiest port to get to in Florida. Port Canaveral is OK but we have to drive halfway through Orlando to get there and most of the time I-4 can be a pain. I see you live in Ocala so PC is probably easier for you.

Tampa can't be all that bad as Celebrity and MSC will start sailing from there. HAL has also decided to keep sailing from TB after thinking about pulling out.

37 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

127 miles from Port of Tampa to Port Canaveral. My GPS says 1 hr 55 minutes. I say give it 2.5 hours. 

M8

9 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

The point of Tampa isn’t so much were the ships depart from, but where they go. You can only have so many ships in the Bahamas   

Most cruises out of TB sail to the Western Caribbean usually to Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel or Belize and Roatan, some to Jamaica.

24 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

127 miles from Port of Tampa to Port Canaveral. My GPS says 1 hr 55 minutes. I say give it 2.5 hours. 

M8

I can make the jaunt from CB to Ocala in two hours with the Q5 Express. Can't try that with the arrest me red pony car. To big a target

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Most cruises out of TB sail to the Western Caribbean usually to Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel or Belize and Roatan, some to Jamaica.

That's a typical western run out of PC except for Grand Cayman and Belize. Big ships need to dock, so they throw in Coco Cay and Labadee

Edited by John&LaLa