The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from my 2018 crossing of Canada on VIA's Canadian July 14, somewhere between Winnipeg and Regina.

dusk0714.jpg

Roy

• Like 6

Today's sunrise is from my 2018 Grand Alaska-Panama trip.  On July 15 I was on VIA's Canadian East of Saskatoon on the way to Vancouver to start the Alaska portion of the trip.  The photo was taken out the back window of the dome car.

dawn0715.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

Today's sunrise is a screen grab I took three years ago today.  It's from the Crystal Serenity Panoflex camera somewhere in the Bahamas.

dawn0716b.thumb.JPG.d50ce9d9298000385a3aab0bebdc622e.JPG

Roy

• Like 5

July 16, 2022.

Winding down a 21-day North Cape cruise aboard HAL. Yet another Covid test 🙏 to continue the next day aboard Silversea for a 10-day Baltic sailing. 

IMG_3345.jpeg

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, BEAV said:

July 16, 2022.

Winding down a 21-day North Cape cruise aboard HAL. Yet another Covid test 🙏 to continue the next day aboard Silversea for a 10-day Baltic sailing. 

IMG_3345.jpeg

Yeah….enjoy…great itineraries

Nancy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEAV said:

July 16, 2022.

IMG_3345.jpeg

The good news is at least for now this is no longer required.  Seems like yesterday. Time flies when you are having fun.

Keth

33 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

The good news is at least for now this is no longer required.  Seems like yesterday. Time flies when you are having fun.

Keth

After never-ending Covid testing for flights, cruises, governments that trip, the requirement to test to return to the US was dropped. It felt like hitting the lotto! 😉

One of our video-managed tests aboard ship fell to the stateroom floor. We were hopeful the inspector didn’t catch it. But like a kid getting caught with his hands in the cookie jar, we were dead meat. Now out of home test kits, we went to Guest Relations to purchase more. But they, too, were out of tests. Some nearby passengers overheard our plight and said they had extras they’d sell us. I’m now versed on how to accomplish dark alley drug deals! I do recall ordering a double 🥃 that night in the bar…

We were fortunate to ace every Covid test, as well as stay healthy and avoid quarantine during the 5 weeks. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, BEAV said:

July 16, 2022.

IMG_3345.jpeg

Brian…I just realized this post was a memory from 2 years ago! 🤣.  My brain is fried as I didn’t have power for a week and finally getting back to reality today catching up on so many things

nancy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

Brian…I just realized this post was a memory from 2 years ago! 🤣.  My brain is fried as I didn’t have power for a week and finally getting back to reality today catching up on so many things

nancy

No worries! 😉

I have a generator back-up wired directly to my brain for times like these. 😱🤦

( @Texas Tillie got out of Dodge just in time!) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

After two cruises on Serenity for the restart in 2021, we departed Serenity three years ago today and had breakfast as the Airport in Nassau as we waited to fly home.

Not my typical breakfast but it was better than not eating.IMG_0909.jpeg.3ff9ea1775e31edc5ab883f0069e4859.jpeg

Keith

• Like 6

Two days ago I had a sunrise from the Westbound Canadian near Saskatoon.  Today's is from the Eastern Canadian at Saskatoon.  Not exactly the sunrise itself but the sun reflecting off the side of the train as it emerges July 17, 2005.

ytgl021.jpg.dc65de80ff260c910cfe181ebb41

Roy

• Like 8

I have a sunset today; it's from my 2008 Rovos Rail journey from DarEsSalam to Capetown.  The sunset July 18 came our final day before reaching Victoria Falls

IMG_1086.JPG.5892157ceaba4483ec58e8eaf514b83e.JPG

Roy

• Like 5

It's always special to be at sea.  If I am walking outside or sitting and viewing the ocean I think about those who discovered the world and what that would have been like.  Similarly when we are on land and visiting historic sites I think back to those who lived during those times. What a wonderful world.

Keith

IMG_2384.jpeg.412dca59c3bec37243e45362338f840f.jpeg

• Like 10

Today's photo is another sunset from my 2012 Blount New England Islands cruise.  It was taken July 19 when we were visiting Martha's Vineyard:

dusk19.JPG.2741595b4125e3a44a9062813a95b

Roy

• Like 7

Today's sunrise is from my 2018 sea-land-sea grand Alaska/Panama trip.  July 19 was my last day aboard MS Volendam before disembarking for the land portion in Skagway:

dawn0720.jpg

Roy

• Like 8

I have a sunset today, not a sunrise.  It's from my 2007 upper Amazon cruise, taken shortly after boarding La Amatista in Iquitos 17 years ago today.

IMG_0127.thumb.JPG.1b1789a6a9210926d3af1

Roy

• Like 8