The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

James Earl Jones will be known for many iconic moments including the voice of Darth Vader.

So many other roles.

I did enjoy Field Of Dreams.

Another one was as Alex Haley in Roots.

We lost a great one with a voice which will certainly live on.

May James Earl Jones Rest In Peace and my his memory be a blessing.

Keith

• Like 3

Fire Department Office Manager brought over some resources from home and I can finally login to Cruise Critic.  Just a bit more time here and then I’ll be transferred to an inpatient rehab center.

Roy

• Like 23

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Fire Department Office Manager brought over some resources from home and I can finally login to Cruise Critic.  Just a bit more time here and then I’ll be transferred to an inpatient rehab center.

Roy

It's great to have you back online Roy, and wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!

Vince

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@rafinmd I'm not a poster, just a reader.  I owe you thanks for a considerable gift.   Your and @Keith1010 blogs got me through a rather tough hospital stay.

I hope things turn out well for you, and I appreciate all the time you have spent taking those of us who cannot travel along on your trips.

Mark

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Yay!

• Thanks 1

It is hard to believe that today is the 23rd Anniversary of 9/11. I had just flown into Washington, DC for meetings the night before.  Once the second tower went down, our meetings ended and we took our rental vehicle and the four of us drove back to Texas.  We listened to the events evolve on the radio.

In 2016 five days after 9/11, Anne Marie and I arrived to NYC on Serenity as part of the Northwest Passage cruise.  We walked from the pier over to the 9/11 memorial.  We walked by the elementary school where children were out on the playground when the first plane crashed into the tower.

This is a photo from the memorial of some of the people who tragically died that day.

We must never forget.

KeithP1110578.thumb.JPG.4a0ed2a670d8253941467580e31febd2.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I had just gotten off a cruise (not Crystal) in Dublin, checked into a hotel we were staying at for the day and turned on the TV - at first I thought I was watching a movie.  Took us 5 days to get back to the US. 

I have a friend who was at a meeting at the World Trade center and fortunately survived since the day before the meeting had been moved from the top floor restaurant to one of the first floor ones.  The story she told of that day is unbelievable but unfortunately true.   My thoughts to all

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

It doesn't happen often but we had a good amount of sun on September 12 in Scotland.  

It was a beautiful day.

Now we have the perfect Friday. Yes, Friday the 13th.

So everyone be careful. 

Do not walk under a Ladder.  Be careful for a black cat crossing in front of you.  

Happy Days are here to stay.

Keith

39 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Quick update I am now in an inpatient rehab facility in Baltimore.

Roy

We like updates where you are progressing. Please tell them your Cruise Critic friends want them to take good care of you!

• Like 2