The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

2 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Just noticed the wrapper on the sandwich bread I have states "free from artificial preservatives." This implies that, at some point, the loaf was the prisoner of nefarious artificial preservatives. I wonder if it cut the fence, or tunneled out?

You are too much!

Well, ok, I’ll amend that statement. You are fabulously exactly enough.

• Like 3

I have no sunrise for August 27 and am going to August 13, 2015.  I was on the way to a Blount Cruise from Portland to Saint John and on August 13 I overnighted in Boston before taking the train to Portland.

dawn0813.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

Hello all. I didn't know where else to ask this question: On Crystal Serenity, what is used as the door key to your cabin? It is the standard "credit card" sized ID card? 

The only place I used something different was on a Princess ship...they had a device called an OceanMedallion which could be worn on a lanyard, as a necklace on a chain, or worn similarly to the "tracelet" on Crystal ships.

Thanks a bunch

1 hour ago, TxDarlin said:

Hello all. I didn't know where else to ask this question: On Crystal Serenity, what is used as the door key to your cabin? It is the standard "credit card" sized ID card? 

The only place I used something different was on a Princess ship...they had a device called an OceanMedallion which could be worn on a lanyard, as a necklace on a chain, or worn similarly to the "tracelet" on Crystal ships.

Thanks a bunch

You may want to start a new topic on the main board but in the past we have always (right up to the shutdown) it has always been the credit card sized ID.  It may have changed under the Covid protocols but I don't think so.  I last disembarked Serenity about 2 weeks before the shutdown,

Roy

4 hours ago, TxDarlin said:

Thanks a bunch

According to the trip reports Ive heard from Symphony and Serenity so far, they still are using the mag stripe on your cruise card for the door locks on the staterooms, and the wearable tracking devices are unrelated to the doors, unlike the Ocean Medallions.  

According to Keith’s reports, the stateroom doors on Endeavor are using the near-field contactless cards to unlock (that you just hold up near the lock and don’t insert), but it sounded like those were also separate from the tracing wearables as well. 

Vince

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today's sunrise is from the snakebitten 2012 trio of Crystal Symphony cruises that featured a very stormy Transatlantic, a missed call in St. Pierre, and the Superstorm Sandy debacle.  It started with an Eastbound transatlantic on QM2 and August 29 was our first sea day.

dawn29.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

15 hours ago, BWIVince said:

According to the trip reports Ive heard from Symphony and Serenity so far, they still are using the mag stripe on your cruise card for the door locks on the staterooms, and the wearable tracking devices are unrelated to the doors, unlike the Ocean Medallions.  

According to Keith’s reports, the stateroom doors on Endeavor are using the near-field contactless cards to unlock (that you just hold up near the lock and don’t insert), but it sounded like those were also separate from the tracing wearables as well. 

Vince

Thank you, just wanted to know what kind of gear I needed to bring to manage my door key. I hope more ships go with something more like the Ocean Medallions. You just had reach for the cabin door and it was unlocked and ready to enter. Very cool. 😎

• Like 3