Huge price drop

Lonedaddy

My Edge May 24 2021 European cruise had an $800 price drop Per person this week and a 200 Last week so for the two of us that is $2000 for sky suite S1 cabin.  Check your bookings!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I see some Edge sailings lower in the Jan-April timeframe.   A few Apex sailings are cheaper than Edge for the same week.

Just saw Edge is the same price it was for our cancelled March 29, 2020 cruise.

Looking at some Royal cruises that are down also.

The Norwegian cruises I've been looking at are UP^

Our B2B2B onboard the Reflection 7/2021 Norwegian Fjords+Scandinavia+British Isles is 80% UP, near double, last rise was when the current promo starts, the same amount for the extra discount was the rise in the cabin rate.

I ran to check my July 2021 cruises...then realized that it's crazy to even check...

Yeah, the 2021 prices rise and fall...but, even now, they are WAY over what we paid...

We got a great deal booking back in May 2019 for 2020 cruises, got great perks initially and picked up more along the way...then had both 2020 cruises cancelled.  Used the "Lift and Shift" to switch to cruises for July 2021...

Noticed today that our for Apex cruise, the Concierge cabins are now selling for as low as the same price as for standard balconies...but we already were booked into Concierge...and our price is still about $2000 less with slightly better perks (using the 4 perk price as the measure though we have 3 perks--but our OBC is $350 higher.  Since we're Elite Plus, we get 240 minutes of free internet each, so we don't mind not having the internet package).

I fully expect the prices on the 2021 cruises to rise and fall at times and depending on perks offered, but, I think if the end of the pandemic starts looking imminent, those prices will rise drastically as a cruise-deprived public starts rushing to book. 

Supply and demand as always determines the prices...

We moved our October this year cruise to September next year. Going from Southampton to the Canary Islands so no flights for U.K. citizens to worry about and fairly safe ports of call. When we swapped about a month ago lots of suites were available now there is one Sky Suite and that is it...needless to say it is going for a fairly elevated price.

I think many people as cruising starts again may want to avoid large towns and cities needing coaches, trams or HoHo all of which mean close proximity to others and prefer islands where you can walk the promenades or visit a beach. Maybe not as interesting or exciting a choice but perhaps a safer one. 

Our same AQ class booking on the Infinity in May 2021 is over $1000 more now than we booked. We got the 4 perks and Captains Club Loyalty discount when we booked, so I do not expect the price to drop below what we booked.

Not for us

Under the present promo that expires tom we would pay MUCH ,  more for our Sky Suite on Connie in Jan 2021  ( if it sails) .

Same for APEX Jan 2022...We booked a Sky Suite under  "Sail Now Sav". Under the current promo we would pay $200 more..same rm, same perks. So no savings for us.

Always pays to check...esp in this pricing climate!

Meant to add this comment a couple of days ago...

We have a reservation for S2 Guarantee (only category that was offered) for April 2022 transpacific on Solstice. After reading this thread last weekend, I checked and there was a drop in price. Called Celebrity on 11 July and got the price reduction - $500 per person less than our original price. 

I believe in checking when someone notices drops in price.

Edited by ExArkie
left out something

We checked too, but our May 2021 Apex sailing is over $1000 more and the January 2022 Solstice one over $2000! But it never hurts to check, last time we got a price drop on both, a huge one actually on the Solstice. 

There’s a new 5 day flash sale coming up July 16-20 with three free perks, though it’s apparently only for new bookings. But again, am going to call and try my luck...😉

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_July_5Day_Flash_Sale.pdf

Edited by prish