Transfer booking

Gold Mine Gal

I am thinking of booking an Alaska trip.  How long after I book on Princess website do I have to move my booking to a travel agent?  It used to be 30 days but not sure during this pandemic time.  Or should I book directly with the travel agent.

3 hours ago, overlake7 said:

It is now 60 days from time of booking. You need to call Princess directly to get the transfer form e-mailed to you. Then you have to fill it out , sign and return to them.

Or FP Date, whichever comes first.  You cannot transfer a booking that has been fully paid.

I always book with Big Box since they give a store cash card for every booking, based on the dollar amount of the booking.  That reduces our general budget, as we use the card for gasoline.  Plus, with the higher level membership we get 2% of any travel purchases back as a cash rebate once a year. 

I recently booked with Princess then turned it over to my TA.  It used to be simpler.  So many things to watch out for.

Princess sent me a form to fill out and return.  I did the basic and then sent it on to my TA to complete the forms.

You have 60 days to transfer the booking.

You can have a FCD attached to the booking, but no other payments.  

I was not given the option to hold the booking for 2 days and have my TA pick it up.  Thought that was strange.

On 7/11/2020 at 10:06 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

I was not given the option to hold the booking for 2 days and have my TA pick it up.  Thought that was strange.

I just changed a booking the other day. We were booked in a Premium Ocean View cabin and pricing changed so I put a hold on a Caribe balcony cabin (same price) and then sent the info to my TA. I got an updated booking from him yesterday and sent in my Shareholder OBC request. The OBC shows today. I had no problem placing a hold on the cruise. It's odd that you weren't able to do so.

• Like 1

We just did this and yes, they make it more involved now.

However, we were able to reserve what we wanted with Princess

and then get it transferred. We were not able to get through to

our TA at the time. I am very glad that we have this option.

Princess knew that we would be doing this and the agent

was very friendly and helpful.

NOT WORKING:

I got a call from my TA today.  She submitted the transfer papers last week (twice sent via email address on form).  Nothing yet.  So I called Princess.  Besides the 3 disconnected calls and 4 minutes of auto talk until you get to an agent each time....I finally was connected to a very personable agent.

She checked my  portfolio and could not see where the transfer requests were received.  She said it may take anywhere from 48 hours to 7 business days.  So we started the process all over again.  My travel agent emailed the forms.  I emailed the forms.  Now it is a wait and see game.

I do understand that many are working from home and so not everything is getting done in a timely manner.  But the disconnects (happened before) and "loss/delay" of paper work isn't helping Princess' cause.  

Today's agent was on top of things and "fixed" a few other problems that I had requested to be fixed by other agents last week.  Hopefully, my bookings will be transferred soon.

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I do understand that many are working from home and so not everything is getting done in a timely manner.  But the disconnects (happened before) and "loss/delay" of paper work isn't helping Princess' cause.  

Many of these reservation agents worked from home previously.