Mariner cruising by our home in San Francisco

kej1

My husband and I are sitting on our deck in San Francisco watching the Mariner cruise by.

Seems like it’s on its way to Los Angeles.  It looks so lovely cruising along the bay.  
Looking forward to the day when we can safely cruise again!  

• Like 3

It would be interesting to know how many people are on board.  I so often think about all of the wonderful crew members, where they are, what they are doing and how they are managing through all of this.  Sure do miss them!

• Like 1

She may be doing the mandatory “exercise” to keep the ship going.  Splendor went from San Diego to Mexico multiple times (from March until July) before heading to the east coast.  

In my opinion, the ships are not docked or tendered in a port in anticipation of their first sailing.  I would think that the ships would want to be as close to Miami as possible since there will be a tremendous amount of restocking to be done prior to sailing.  Once sailing has been approved, the ships can get into place.  Just my opinion.

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, xrvlcruiser said:

The Mariner has sailed past LA . . . so where is she going?

Peggy

From the Marine Traffic  site it looks like she may be heading to San Diego. Ship is just south of San Clemente Island heading almost due east (110).  

(From 12 July 2020 10:49 AM PDT)

J

Mariner track delete.jpg

Mariner might be heading to San Diego or Regent may have wanted Mariner to get more sea time before docking in Los Angeles. She is now south of San Clemente Island which is approximately 40 miles offshore. So there is plenty of time for Mariner to turn north and head to Los Angeles. We should know better in a few hours.

Dave

There is a Naval Vessel on fire in San Diego Harbor so it is unlikely that the Mariner will go there.  Probably a welding error.

Also, when I look at the tracking program, the ship seems to be headed north.  Toward LA?

Time will tell

Peggy

Edited by xrvlcruiser

24 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

The Norwegian Jewel left Oakland around the same time as Mariner, also headed for LA.  It hasn’t docked in LA, but is hanging out nearby.  Maybe awaiting an open berth?

I read it on some forum lately, it seems to me that instead of just staying  in ports and paying fees they decided to keep cruising from SF to LA and back. I wonder how long they will be doing that. In any case, oil is quite cheap this days 

5 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

And to replenish their fresh water supply.

Susie, when I saw you had replied to this thread I was wondering if there had been an earthquake and you had ocean front property in Las Vegas!  😀

4 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Susie, when I saw you had replied to this thread I was wondering if there had been an earthquake and you had ocean front property in Las Vegas!  😀

How many people in California can see Mariner right now?  The marine map posted above shows it about 40  miles off shore.   OTOH, that was 4 hours ago, so maybe it is back in view by now?  I can't tell from here.  🤔

Unfortunately, the timing is off for it to be getting ready for my October booking that is now waitlisted.  😥