Moon October cruise cancelled

Martyboy500

Seems like shoreside have struck again. What a shame dealing with SS is repeatedly and unnecessarily  made to be so stressful compared to the Wonderful (usually) onboard experience. There seems to be little consideration for loyalty and the constant pettiness and changes to these policies do nothing to inspire loyalty at a time that they are really going to need it. I Understand completely how  difficult times are for them but from my own experience, I go out of my way to look after my regulars and understand how much it means to them. You certainly don’t inspire loyalty by leaving your regulars feeling cheated by constantly moving the goalposts. Perhaps the recent accusation might not turn out out to be a bad thing at all. 

9 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Seriously Stumblefoot, that is taking the p***. Someone has decided it’s time to lose long term loyalists with that move!

Luckily from my Wind cancellation I've rebooked within that timeframe.

What about future cancellations? Do I need to get in quick for my Nov 23 Moon cruise which is obviously going to get the chop!

Would be good to know as its the only reason for keeping it going with approx 10 days until the 120 day breach....... With 3 paid up cruises left, I really do despair at the lack of transparency, moved goal posts and wonder if I should just cancel the lot and leave my finances in my bank rather than theirs.

11 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I understand.  But, you are way, way ahead of the Stumbles in the acquisition of VS days.  🙂 It'll take us a lifetime to catch up with you!

Yes, sorry Stumbles, I should for full disclosure have admitted that I have quite a lot of VS days. (But then I'm retired so I have an unfair advantage.)

But fewer VS days currently than I would have had sans virus since I have had four cruises cancelled either by myself or SS, and I'm thinking about cancelling the Shadow in January. Sigh ... I so miss cruising.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 10:04 AM, les37b said:

Just spotted in another post..... Has construction of the Moon continued in Genoa and not Ancona?

Marine traffic shows its travelling at 19 knots even though its still apparently still in Ancona!

Hopefully Barbara Muckermann gets to the correct shipbuilder location! lol

image.thumb.png.7a093b22531f94922f399676cceef657.png

If you look at the small text in that box, it shows the date of that position report was June 10. I don't think it's reporting its position in real time; maybe part of the systems they've turned off.

• Like 1

Stumbles we are also looking forward to the crediting of the Venetian days.It means after our next booked SS cruise-Feb 2022- we will pass the 350 day mark.

We are negotiating with SS now.As you know we were also booked on the 30/10 moon segment as well as the TA crossing.As we can't leave Australia anyway we have been told to wait in regards to the TA.If we cancel the TA it will be with normal cancellation policies if we want a refund.However they are considering allowing us to cancel if we take the FCC.That would be fine with us.However it sounds as if they are not confident the Moon will be ready for November 8th.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Stumbles we are also looking forward to the crediting of the Venetian days.It means after our next booked SS cruise-Feb 2022- we will pass the 350 day mark.

We are negotiating with SS now.As you know we were also booked on the 30/10 moon segment as well as the TA crossing.As we can't leave Australia anyway we have been told to wait in regards to the TA.If we cancel the TA it will be with normal cancellation policies if we want a refund.However they are considering allowing us to cancel if we take the FCC.That would be fine with us.However it sounds as if they are not confident the Moon will be ready for November 8th.

Not meaning to get off topic but I am booked on the Muse 20 Dec SYD - AKL  I am thinking it is not going to happen what are your thoughts,I also CX the Nov 8 Moon

Thanks

Highly unlikely, to near impossible our borders will open, especially with the current state in Victoria.  We can't even travel around Australia if we live in Sydney.  Chances of letting people in from OS IMHO 0%

I've got a Jan 19 booking so not sure what to do come Sept when the payment is due.  I'm not keen to do a NZ cruise as I've done way too many trips to NZ for weeks at a time. Being solo it's a little more challenging finding the right cruise 😞 

1 hour ago, drron29 said:

We are negotiating with SS now.As you know we were also booked on the 30/10 moon segment as well as the TA crossing.As we can't leave Australia anyway we have been told to wait in regards to the TA.If we cancel the TA it will be with normal cancellation policies if we want a refund.

That seems so unfair Ron that you are having to negotiate.  Were your two voyages under one booking #?  The reason I ask is because that is how our booking was done.  As such, we were told that our entire “booking” was cancelled and we could opt for either a 125% FCC or 100% refund.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, etual324 said:

Not meaning to get off topic but I am booked on the Muse 20 Dec SYD - AKL  I am thinking it is not going to happen what are your thoughts,I also CX the Nov 8 Moon

Thanks

Heres another vote for  no cruising in Australia  this year. 

Also  there is a 14 day mandatory quarantine at your expense  if you do  get here.  AND you must have a special VISA !

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/travel-restrictions-0

"You can only travel to Australia if you are an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, an immediate family member of an Australian citizen or permanent resident or are a New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia.

Travellers who have a compassionate or compelling reason to travel to Australia will need to have an exemption from the Australian Border Force Commissioner.

All travellers arriving in Australia must undertake a mandatory 14-day quarantine at designated facilities (for example, a hotel), in their port of arrival."

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, drron29 said:

Not impressed with your SS office, agree with Stumbles, it’s a back to back and it’s therefore all cancelled.

• Like 3