Cruise With Confidence Ending August 1

7 minutes ago, Traveldazed said:

This would only be a guess, but do you think Royal will extend the offer?

I would think it would since bookings would surely suffer without it.

I think certain portions of it will be extended.  The lift and shift I think will be dropped and will only apply to Future sailings Cancelled by Royal.  

• Thanks 1

I hope the lift and shift is extended. We are scheduled to cruise in January, and I feel like its too early to make a decision. Who knows what things will look like in 5-6 months. 

• Like 1

We have a December itinerary.

We are days away from my self imposed deadline to L&S and avoid sending them final payment money until next year.

In my mind I'm really already resigned to the fact we'll be postponing our trip by a year........

Edited by NateUpNorth

If they do drop CWC they would benefit from something similar when the time comes that the world is starting to move past the pandemic.  Whenever that is, a more customer friendly cancelation policy would encourage bookings for the new-to-cruise market in the early days of cruising post-pandemic.  Even I would be more willing to start putting deposits down if the cancellation and refund process didn't discourage me from doing so as it does right now.  

• Like 1

We lifted and shifted a five night January 24, 2021 Caribbean/Bahamas sailing today, to January 24, 2022 since I had seen that the CWC expires August 1st. I am not confident ships will be sailing in January 2021 and, even if they are, I am not comfortable sailing then since CV-19 will almost certainly still be mostly uncontrolled. I'd like to give it a little time after sailings begin to see how things go before I step foot on a ship again. 

Edited by NCMtnBoys

CWC doesn't expire Aug 1.  Only that it does not apply to bookings made after Aug 1.

So if you are booked now, CWC is available on that cruise up to 48 hours before sailing.

• Like 2

To quote Royal : "The Cruise with Confidence program covers bookings that are booked on or before August 1st, 2020, that set sail on or before April 30th, 2022."

What about sailings booked after August 1?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Traveldazed said:

To quote Royal : "The Cruise with Confidence program covers bookings that are booked on or before August 1st, 2020, that set sail on or before April 30th, 2022."

What about sailings booked after August 1?

Normal rules apply unless they extend it