Additional Cancellations in October?

Dunk

14 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

No, we are not. Sorry bud.

Yes, we are.  But please explain why you think we're not and why cruising should be treated any differently from the parks.

Because of their experience, cruising will be a safer environment than the parks.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Thank you for your respectful statement regarding nurses.  But as a retired nurse I would rather have an ICU nurse take care of me if I am intubated than a nurse that has only worked in OB/GYN since graduation.

That is up to the facility and the requirements in place for staff and procedures.

15 hours ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Thank you for your respectful statement regarding nurses.  But as a retired nurse I would rather have an ICU nurse take care of me if I am intubated than a nurse that has only worked in OB/GYN since graduation.

I am totally with you on it but I doubt that they can afford to have highlu skilled nursing personell on board. These people have to be treated in a certain way and paid nicely, otherwise there wont be any profit from having them there. Moreover, such personell has to be loaded with work all the time and I doubt that there are that many sick people on board such ships 

5 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Demonstrate how I'm wrong.  Cruise lines have had prevention measures in place for years.  This is all new to the parks.

If the cruise lines had prevention measures in place, why have there been so many noro outbreaks over the years? What is the response plan to Covid-19?

The parks seem be doing a fair job at adapting but they shouldn’t be open yet either while our numbers continue to skyrocket.

Why do you think we are ready to cruise?

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I am totally with you on it but I doubt that they can afford to have highlu skilled nursing personell on board. These people have to be treated in a certain way and paid nicely, otherwise there wont be any profit from having them there. Moreover, such personell has to be loaded with work all the time and I doubt that there are that many sick people on board such ships 

I'm sorry....we were talking about hospitals in the US, not on the ships.

Just now, xDisconnections said:

If the cruise lines had prevention measures in place, why have there been so many noro outbreaks over the years? What is the response plan to Covid-19?

The parks seem be doing a fair job at adapting but they shouldn’t be open yet either while our numbers continue to skyrocket.

Because only the cruise lines are required to report noro cases.  There's no way to correlate the number of shore side cases, which is higher.

Perhaps you missed previous conversations so, the number of reported positive test results is a meaningless measure as it does not indicate prevalence or outcomes.  It's just a number of cases, not the number of cases.

Flatten the Curve, not Prevent All Infections.  The curve is under control.  Yes, ICU utilization is increasing but...they can just designate more ICU beds.  Despite being a 'hot spot', Florida's survivability rate is still top half among the states, ~24.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Because only the cruise lines are required to report noro cases.  There's no way to correlate the number of shore side cases, which is higher.

The reporting of norovirus cases shouldn’t make a difference since, as you suggested, the cruise lines had prevention plans in place for years. If that’s the case, then it shouldn’t be as common as it is.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

The reporting of norovirus cases shouldn’t make a difference since, as you suggested, the cruise lines had prevention plans in place for years. If that’s the case, then it shouldn’t be as common as it is.

Ummm....exactly.  It's less common on cruises ships because of protocols.  The cruise line get the bad rap because only they are required to report it making it seem like noro is a cruise-only problem.