Additional Cancellations in October?

Dunk

18 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

How about something relevant - like only July cases? Florida gets a F--

Herd immunity is not possible with c19.

No need. I stay away from Fool-Aid.

Again, number of positive test results is just a number and not indicative of anything other than the number of people volunteering to get tested.

So, bold assertion.  Where's the science?  Hmm...cuz a lot of sciencey type places seem to disagree

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/herd-immunity-and-coronavirus/art-20486808

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/achieving-herd-immunity-with-covid19.html

https://www.webmd.com/lung/what-is-herd-immunity#1

And the obvious case: https://nypost.com/2020/06/10/italy-could-be-nearing-heard-immunity-from-coronavirus/

Yes, the New Zealand strategy will likely prove foolish long term.  Unless they become the North Korea of Oceania.

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Why quit? When you post at best, half truths?

And also they get sicker than the previous [wave]. Mortality has not been a major issue because they are younger patients. But I think as the days go on, we might also see a change in mortality.

Are you Anthony Sabatini in disguise?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/07/15/anthony-sabatini-florida-is-doing-fine-keilar-sot-nr-vpx.cnn

Tell me, exactly which are half truths?

No, but I obviously agree.  By every meaningful metric, we're good.  I will repeat, number of positive test results is not an indicator of prevalence or outcome.

No, they are definitely not sicker than before.  

Advent Health CEO: “I give you an example. Our length of stay in our ICU for COVID patients has dropped in half. The number of people coming in to our hospital with COVID that need a ventilator, we’ve also been able to cut that in half. And because of those things, our death rate has also been cut in half [since the beginning of the pandemic],”

I think cutting the loss rate in half is pretty good.  And if he's right about the peak, launch fuel barges, the NSO is about to expire!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Medical degree?  Srsly?  You don't need a medical degree or any epidemiological training to understand this.  We're not folding protein chains here.

Having a medical degree or epidemiological training is fundamental to fully understanding this pandemic. It is bad information being put out by people without medical expertise that is creating the worsening of the problem.

Why is there a huge concern about Florida and some other states if everything is fine as you are asserting here?

There is  more to medical science than "folding protein chains" that is not properly understood by non-qualified or educated people.

The Swedish approach is now widely viewed as a complete failure. Their citizens are not permitted to travel to other countries, just like US residents. By contrast residents of other Scandinavian countries are allowed to travel because their infections rates are low and under control.

The longer the numbers here are increasing and staying high, the travel bans will stay in force.

Simple wishful thinking against obvious facts won't change that. But go ahead anyway, you can enjoy your disappointment.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, boatseller said:

No, but I obviously agree.  By every meaningful metric, we're good.  I will repeat, number of positive test results is not an indicator of prevalence or outcome.

No, they are definitely not sicker than before.  

Advent Health CEO: “I give you an example. Our length of stay in our ICU for COVID patients has dropped in half. The number of people coming in to our hospital with COVID that need a ventilator, we’ve also been able to cut that in half. And because of those things, our death rate has also been cut in half [since the beginning of the pandemic],”

I think cutting the loss rate in half is pretty good.  And if he's right about the peak, launch fuel barges, the NSO is about to expire!

Well, why are they running out of ICU beds all over the state, and other states?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, boatseller said:

The number of people in Florida dying from c19 is much greater than NY in July. Yesterday Florida set a personal best for the number of c19 deaths in a day. Florida is an excellent place to avoid. Cruising won't begin there for a long time.

Day   NY   FL

01    11   45
02    08   67
03    11   67
04    08   18
05    09  120
06    11   47
07    20   63
08    15   48
09    08  120
10    07   93
11    05   95
12    10   45
13    05   35

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boatseller said:

No, Europe is not doing better.  Check your own site.  Florida is way down on the list.

No, higher positive cases is irrelevant.  It is not an indicator of prevalence or outcome.  It's just a the number of positive test results.  Or loss rate is 12% of New York with 70% of their case total.  I'm good with that.

Again, that is based on a handful of observations in patients with C19.  And those conditions are not unique to C19 patients.

Ok, when a vaccine is available, if it ever is (different topic) people can take it.  But out history with coronaviruses suggest SC2 will naturally fade into the background, herd immunity.  That is one area where SC2 and influenza are very different.

And please, don't try anything with antibodies.  The science on that will take years to fully develop so the OMG!  Only 6 Months! doesn't mean anything right now.

There is no reason to postpone cruising any longer, especially from Florida where what matters most is under control.  And realistically, cruising with Floridians is even better since the higher immunity rate naturally slows the spread.  So stay away from those Kiwis.

I agree with you!

30 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

a lot of  denials of seriousness for COVID-19 and think we will resume cruising in Oct

It's just another way to perpetuate the never ending argument, much to the delight of the participants.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

It’ll take 90 days for a refund lol

I know. That's why I said I am not tying up 3k for 90 days for a cruise I know won't sail.  I would rather lose my $99 deposit.  

19 hours ago, TexasBrit said:

Having a medical degree or epidemiological training is fundamental to fully understanding this pandemic. It is bad information being put out by people without medical expertise that is creating the worsening of the problem.

Why is there a huge concern about Florida and some other states if everything is fine as you are asserting here?

There is  more to medical science than "folding protein chains" that is not properly understood by non-qualified or educated people.

The Swedish approach is now widely viewed as a complete failure. Their citizens are not permitted to travel to other countries, just like US residents. By contrast residents of other Scandinavian countries are allowed to travel because their infections rates are low and under control.

The longer the numbers here are increasing and staying high, the travel bans will stay in force.

Simple wishful thinking against obvious facts won't change that. But go ahead anyway, you can enjoy your disappointment.

Hahahahahahahahah!  No.   Hahahahahahaha!  Sorry, I know, not an argument but, really can't take the who medical degree too seriously.  Hahahahaaha!  Ok, done.  But, you do not need a medical degree or any epidemiological training to discuss this.

Despite efforts to keep people scared, a lot of people in Florida, well, aren't.  Seems you're the one disappointed by this.

So, you can't explain exactly what went wrong with the Swedish approach?  I can.  Here's you chance to show me up.  Oh, and if it's such a widely viewed failure, why are they only #7?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TexasBrit said:

Well, why are they running out of ICU beds all over the state, and other states?

They're not.  Or they are, but only currently designated ICU beds.  This is another example of tracking the wrong metric.

Because bureaucratic rules, hospitals report different bed types.  But guess what?  They can change that.  Here's an example of how that works: "We still have the capacity to shift beds and admit patients for ICU as needed but we tend to hover around 80% or so".

That's right, if current ICU beds are running low...they just make more!

19 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The number of people in Florida dying from c19 is much greater than NY in July. Yesterday Florida set a personal best for the number of c19 deaths in a day. Florida is an excellent place to avoid. Cruising won't begin there for a long time.

Day   NY   FL

01    11   45
02    08   67
03    11   67
04    08   18
05    09  120
06    11   47
07    20   63
08    15   48
09    08  120
10    07   93
11    05   95
12    10   45
13    05   35

Clever, but no.  We're still just 14% of New York's loss.  And 26 nationwide.  We're good.

27 minutes ago, boatseller said:

They're not.  Or they are, but only currently designated ICU beds.  This is another example of tracking the wrong metric.

Because bureaucratic rules, hospitals report different bed types.  But guess what?  They can change that.  Here's an example of how that works: "We still have the capacity to shift beds and admit patients for ICU as needed but we tend to hover around 80% or so".

That's right, if current ICU beds are running low...they just make more!

Ok, but who is going to staff those new ICU beds?  It requires specialized medical professionals,  they can't just take them from general surgery.  

6 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Ok, but who is going to staff those new ICU beds?  It requires specialized medical professionals,  they can't just take them from general surgery.  

Any licensed Nurse can work in the ICU/CCU.  Specialized certifications are career boosters, but they are not required.

9 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Any licensed Nurse can work in the ICU/CCU.  Specialized certifications are career boosters, but they are not required.

Maybe but I prefer my medical professionals to actually be trained in what I need.  

2 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Maybe but I prefer my medical professionals to actually be trained in what I need.  

Excuse me?!?!?!

Licenses/Registered Nurses are highly trained professionals which allows them to work many different departments.  No need to be so dismissive of their skills.

1 hour ago, boatseller said:

Clever, but no.  We're still just 14% of New York's loss.  And 26 nationwide.  We're good.

Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics. Your argument fools no one.

I see the GOP is going to scale back the part of their convention to be held in Florida. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics. Your argument fools no one.

I see the GOP is going to scale back the part of their convention to be held in Florida. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

Correct.  Because it's not meant to fool people.  Facts don't need to fool.

30 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Correct.  Because it's not meant to fool people.  Facts don't need to fool.

Enjoy playing with yourself. I'm done with your denials and doublespeak. With the CDC extending the no sail order, your fantasy of cruising from Florida continues to be just that. Meanwhile cruising has begun in Europe and will continue to expand with a boatload more cruises starting Aug 1. Florida? Maybe next year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Enjoy playing with yourself. I'm done with your denials and doublespeak. With the CDC extending the no sail order, your fantasy of cruising from Florida continues to be just that. Meanwhile cruising has begun in Europe and will continue to expand with a boatload more cruises starting Aug 1. Florida? Maybe next year.

Be specific.  What exactly have I denied?  Please provide examples.

Doublespeak?  Ok, examples, quotes?  Go ahead, show me up.

Look, I under stand it must be frustrating to have your personal narrative challenged so easily.  So if you'd like to quite while I'm way ahead, that's fine.

Ok, the CDC extended.  Disappointing but hardly surprising, especially as it lines up oh so conveniently 🤔 with Carnival's plans.

Still doesn't change the reality with with all the theme parks open, Florida is ready for cruising now.

I think you're ill informed on this whole 'cruising in Europe thing'.  River cruises have started, but so has American Cruise Lines Mississippi cruises so....that's equal.  Hurtigruten is starting basically their ferry service with no-port coastal cruising.  So, TUI's cruises to nowhere are basically cruising in Europe.  Wow, you got me.  When cruising starts here, it's gonna really start.

Oh, reminder, examples.  I'm waiting.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, boatseller said:

Excuse me?!?!?!

Licenses/Registered Nurses are highly trained professionals which allows them to work many different departments.  No need to be so dismissive of their skills.

Thank you for your respectful statement regarding nurses.  But as a retired nurse I would rather have an ICU nurse take care of me if I am intubated than a nurse that has only worked in OB/GYN since graduation.

• Like 2