New Website Layout

15 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

I like the look and format!

Functionality wise does it make the current process of jumping through the hoops to find an actual price easier?

Not that I could tell as C&A balcony discount, state and senior discount weren't applied until after completion of the who's sailing info. 

2 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Not that I could tell as C&A balcony discount, state and senior discount weren't applied until after completion of the who's sailing info. 

I found the link for the discounts on the page asking number of guests ... the link is really small at the bottom of the page

Capture2.JPG

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I am SO HAPPY that they are using their IT resources to play with the website instead of dedicating them to sending out refunds.

My refunds for Odyssey are back to pre-CV times.  Cruise planner refund took 5 days.  

Plus a web developer can't just become a back office analyst dealing with the refund backlog.  Why doesn't Fain drop everything and and work on refunds?  Why don't ship crew drop everything and work on refunds?  It doesn't work that way.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I am SO HAPPY that they are using their IT resources to play with the website instead of dedicating them to sending out refunds.

The refunds are already a mess. Do you really want IT who can't manage their own job by maintaining a functioning website to take on a job that the trained personnel can't manage.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

My refunds for Odyssey are back to pre-CV times.  Cruise planner refund took 5 days.  

Plus a web developer can't just become a back office analyst dealing with the refund backlog.  Why doesn't Fain drop everything and and work on refunds?  Why don't ship crew drop everything and work on refunds?  It doesn't work that way.  

While I received my most recent refunds in 14 days, some people are still waiting for refunds from March and April.

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

While I received my most recent refunds in 14 days, some people are still waiting for refunds from March and April.

Why doesn't a physical education teacher just start teaching math?  Why can't a librarian teach science?  It's just working in a school right?  Anyone can stand in front of a classroom full of students and talk, it's not like math curriculum in high school has changed very much for several years, it's just teaching.

A grade one teacher should be able to jump in and fill for a grade 11 algebra teacher assuming the lesson plan and filling in instantly with equal efficiency.  It's just teaching for goodness sake.  Or did I get that wrong?  🙂 

Not all IT positions are equal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

But funding for one department, where it is not currently needed, can be diverted to another department, which needs it desperately.

Fire the team that's been working on the website for a while now and start hiring office staff to analyse booking financials to clear the backlog in the accounting department.   I'm not sure I see that working out.

I would argue the website is business critical right now.  They need consumers to find it easy and pleasant so they'll book cruises.  Abandoning the website would be like eliminating all school custodial staff so more teachers can be hired and ready to fill in as teachers start dropping with COVID-19.

Right now the website is playing a critical role in saving the company.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This new format is ridiculous. We now have to waste more time filling in unnecessary information to get to the point where you know what your actual price will be. I find this really frustrating. In business they tend to go by they theory that time is money. So how about showing some respect for the time of potential customers. 

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This new format is ridiculous. We now have to waste more time filling in unnecessary information to get to the point where you know what your actual price will be. I find this really frustrating. In business they tend to go by they theory that time is money. So how about showing some respect for the time of potential customers. 

Just tried a dummy booking using the new format, and it displayed all of my applicable discounts and final pricing without me having to type anything in other than my C&A number. I find the new format a lot easier to use than the old one.

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just tried a dummy booking using the new format, and it displayed all of my applicable discounts and final pricing without me having to type anything in other than my C&A number. I find the new format a lot easier to use than the old one.

Then why did I need to put in my name, birthday, address, phone number, etc......? I had to give all the info needed to make a reservation except a credit card. And there was no option to choose a refundable deposit.

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

But funding for one department, where it is not currently needed, can be diverted to another department, which needs it desperately.

Now that makes sense. I guess your post came across the wrong way.

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Then why did I need to put in my name, birthday, address, phine number, etc......?

The name and birthday should be filled in automatically but phone number and address can change over the years.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Then why did I need to put in my name, birthday, address, phone number, etc......? I had to give all the info needed to make a reservation except a credit card. And there was no option to choose a refundable deposit.

Did you click on the link that provided you with the screen to put in your C&A number? If you didn't do that, then it doesn't know who you are and what you qualify for.

My biggest objection with this new layout is that I cannot get back to my list of cruises once I am into the mock booking.  The only way back is to hit the back arrow 8 times.  There used to be a link at the top that took you back to your original query.  Other than that, I like the new format.

I did happen to notice that the prices have gone up on the majority of my bookings AND all of the military discounts have disappeared for ones that previously had them.

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Did you click on the link that provided you with the screen to put in your C&A number? If you didn't do that, then it doesn't know who you are and what you qualify for.

It was not accepting my C&A# when I tried it earlier this morning.  I would type it in and proceed, but the balcony discount was not appearing.  Towards the end, the boxes for my personal info were blank too.  I’ll try it again later after deleting my website cookies. 

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

46 minutes ago, atgood said:

It was not accepting my C&A# when I tried it earlier this morning.  I would type it in and proceed, but the balcony discount was not appearing.  Towards the end, the boxes for my personal info were blank too.  I’ll try it again later after deleting my website cookies. 

That seemed to be my problem also. I tried again this afternoon and now things seem to be working. So if this is now how it will work I will take back my previous complaint about the site. However, I still did not get an option to choose a refundable deposit.

• Like 1