Future Cruise Deposit Change

21 minutes ago, wesport said:

My future cruise deposit showed up in my account today from the Greenland cruise. FCD was $100pp. Should get $200 pp FCC. Also when I do a mock booking the FCC of $100pp doesn't show up at check out. 

I just logged in.  I currently have two $100 FCC.  I assume, but can’t be sure, that it is the FCD I used returned as credits.  My previously used but cancelled FCC doesn’t show upon my account.

47 minutes ago, wesport said:

My future cruise deposit showed up in my account today from the Greenland cruise. FCD was $100pp. Should get $200 pp FCC. Also when I do a mock booking the FCC of $100pp doesn't show up at check out. 

I just did a mock booking with our mariner numbers on a travel website. Using our numbers, it took $200(100 plus100) off the fare per person, and did not require any deposit. Unfortunately it doesn't work on the HAL site yet. Makes more sense now. 

I still have my Greenland cruise booking.  And no FCC and still only one FCD (which I had prior to the cancellation of the cruise).  I expect to see one $100 FCC, two FCDs and no Greenland booking.  But I didn't expect to see any changes the day after talking to the TA/HAL; I was told it would take time to process so I expect to see it within the next 90 days.  I was advised I would get an email when the FCC was processed.

On 7/16/2020 at 2:18 PM, Crazy For Cats said:

I’ll be interested to hear how your FCD is handled.  I complained a bit on their monitored line.  I do hope they change it back.  

Are you talking about an FCD (future cruise deposit) or an FCC (future cruise credit)?  It seems like this thread is equating the two.  We have never had a problem transferring our FCD from one cruise that we cancelled, back to our Mariner number.

44 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Are you talking about an FCD (future cruise deposit) or an FCC (future cruise credit)?  It seems like this thread is equating the two.  We have never had a problem transferring our FCD from one cruise that we cancelled, back to our Mariner number.

We're talking about both.  They are returning the FCD as FCC.   Confusing,  yes.  I think even HAL is confused.

I think it is

1.  If you cancel before HAL cancels and it is not past Cancellation Penalty you will get your Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) returned to your Mariner Account.

2.  If you are within Cancellation Penalty or HAL cancels the cruise you will get Future Cruise Credit (FCC) rather than (FCD).  HAL could make exceptions to this action.

Peter

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

I used a FCD to book two cruises that HAL just cancelled.  My PCC insisted that they are now FCC.  Very frustrating.

32 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

I think it is

1.  If you cancel before HAL cancels and it is not past Cancellation Penalty you will get your Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) returned to your Mariner Account.

2.  If you are within Cancellation Penalty or HAL cancels the cruise you will get Future Cruise Credit (FCC) rather than (FCD).  HAL could make exceptions to this action.

Peter

My two cancelled cruises are for 2021.  Neither were close to final payment date.  I got FCC instead of FCD.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

We're talking about both.  They are returning the FCD as FCC.   Confusing,  yes.  I think even HAL is confused.

Agreed, we're talking about both.

31 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

I think it is

Peter

In my case, supposedly, HAL will return the $100 FCD to my Mariner account (they cancelled the Aug/21 cruise so well before penalty period), and I'll get an FCC for the other $100.  I say supposedly because they haven't done it yet (but it's only been a week or so).

51 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

My two cancelled cruises are for 2021.  Neither were close to final payment date.  I got FCC instead of FCD.

====

So, did you cancel before HAL cancelled?   --> FCD

Or did HAL cancel?    --> FCC

Not the most knowledgeable here.   Just guessing.

Peter

1 minute ago, SFO PETER said:

====

So, did you cancel before HAL cancelled?   --> FCD

Or did HAL cancel?    --> FCC

Not the most knowledgeable here.   Just guessing.

Peter

HAL cancelled because they sold the ships.

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Same here.  We are booking a b2b cruise to make up for the cancelled cruise.  The cancelled cruise was 15 days and a repositioning from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale.  We got it on a private sale with Have it All for all three guests.   The b2b are two 7 day cruises with much higher per diem rates.   HAL protected our per diem rates from the original cruise, gave us the HIA for all three of us and also will apply the FCC as the deposit on one of the 7 day cruises.   I did pay a deposit on the second 7 day cruise.  

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but it seems to be relevant to a question I have. My 2021 Europe cruise was just cancelled by HAL today. I had reserved while on board so paid $300pp for the FCD. I had not made a final payment, so it seems like I should get $600pp. From what I read here, it will all come back as FCC, and presumably if I do not use it by the time it expires, I will lose it. Is that correct? Seems wrong, given that the FCD was always supposed to be refundable.

The other option is just to decline the bonus FCC and i'm guessing it either becomes a $300 FCD again or gets refunded. Is that correct?

9 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

I know this is an old thread, but it seems to be relevant to a question I have. My 2021 Europe cruise was just cancelled by HAL today. I had reserved while on board so paid $300pp for the FCD. I had not made a final payment, so it seems like I should get $600pp. From what I read here, it will all come back as FCC, and presumably if I do not use it by the time it expires, I will lose it. Is that correct? Seems wrong, given that the FCD was always supposed to be refundable.

The other option is just to decline the bonus FCC and i'm guessing it either becomes a $300 FCD again or gets refunded. Is that correct?

It will become a FCC and lose its benefits as a FCD.  If you choose to apply it you will be given a bonus, my bonus was 200% ($300 became $600) but your bonus could be as low 125%.  You can request a refund.  I was given 3 options, refund, unassigned bonus FCC or move to the next year (2022) with a bonus.  You do lose your OBC

9 hours ago, Mary229 said:

It will become a FCC and lose its benefits as a FCD.  If you choose to apply it you will be given a bonus, my bonus was 200% ($300 became $600) but your bonus could be as low 125%.  You can request a refund.  I was given 3 options, refund, unassigned bonus FCC or move to the next year (2022) with a bonus.  You do lose your OBC

So by becoming a FCC, does it also become non-refundable? If I take it as FCC and then do not end up booking anything, can I at least get a refund of the $300? Or does the refundability of the FCC remain what it was originally?

8 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

So by becoming a FCC, does it also become non-refundable? If I take it as FCC and then do not end up booking anything, can I at least get a refund of the $300? Or does the refundability of the FCC remain what it was originally?

I have been told by HAL directly and my agent that they will refund me if I change my mind - take that with a grain of salt.  

18 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

My deposits have always come back as FCDs.  It may take a while for them to sort it out.  The first time  we were annoyed because our FCCs seemed to be short an amount (we had paid the full payment).  Later we figured it out when we had extra FCDs.  The FCC (if you have paid in full) you can always have refunded in cash if you ask, but it will just be the base fare, minus your FCD, which will remain FCD.  The FCD stays FCD I imagine until you ask for it to be refunded - they are good for 3 or 4 years, at which time, if you haven't used them, they will be refunded to you.  The bonus FCD, I imagine, will disappear if you ask to be refunded.

Just re-reading the email from HAL, it says the FCC may be used as a deposit on a new booking (which I suppose means it becomes FCDs) -

" IF YOUR BOOKING HAS NOT BEEN PAID IN FULL, you will receive double the amount deposited (up to the base cruise fare amount) as a Future Cruise Credit. This credit will waive the required deposit on your next booking on a voyage up to 29 days in length."

It is difficult to know the real policies of HAL.  We had a FCC of over $2600 from a cancelled (by HAL) April 2019 cruise.  We applied that to a April 2020 HAL cruise.  A few weeks ago HAL cancelled that April 2020 cruise so we booked a comparable March 2021 cruise.  What happened to our $2600+ FCC?  Darned if we know.  Darned if our cruise agent knows.  When I called HAL they refused to discuss the issue referring me to our cruise agent who also cannot get a straight answer.  To paraphrase the HAL staffer, "I can see your FCC but cannot discuss the issue."  Attempts by our cruise agent to apply that FCC to the deposit on the 2021 cruise were met with, "you cannot use the FCC for a deposit."  And apparently we also cannot apply the FCC to a future cruise booking until such time as HAL decides it is appropriate...if it is ever appropriate.   I am normally a patient guy and am also understanding that HAL (and the cruise industry) is overwhelmed.  But there are limits to my patience.

Hank

• Like 1

Probably answered somewhere but search isn't finding it:

I had several cruises cancel and had plenty of FCC so booked April 2021 cruise, completely paid for by FCC, (aside from taxes, etc. which weren't due yet).  Should the amount of the latest cruise result in an a new 125% FCC or will it stay the same as original?

4 hours ago, Woofbite said:

Probably answered somewhere but search isn't finding it:

I had several cruises cancel and had plenty of FCC so booked April 2021 cruise, completely paid for by FCC, (aside from taxes, etc. which weren't due yet).  Should the amount of the latest cruise result in an a new 125% FCC or will it stay the same as original?

Unfortunately, the FCC does not increase with new cancellations.

1 minute ago, Woofbite said:

Can you receive a cash refund then?

You should be able to get a cash refund based on the actual cash you used; any additional bonus FCC will not count toward that refund. It most likely will take a long time to receive any refund.

Things have gotten so complicated, I have no idea what has been applied.  The whole mess started with an on-board booking in June 2019 and has just accumulated bits and pieces with various cancellations ever since. Got $5,600 in future credit and the way things are going, evidently little prospect of using it.  I don't even know how much of it is real money I've paid. 

I suppose I can figure it out but it's worse than doing income taxes and I figure HAL is going to do what they are going to do anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woofbite said:

Things have gotten so complicated, I have no idea what has been applied.  The whole mess started with an on-board booking in June 2019 and has just accumulated bits and pieces with various cancellations ever since. Got $5,600 in future credit and the way things are going, evidently little prospect of using it.  I don't even know how much of it is real money I've paid. 

I suppose I can figure it out but it's worse than doing income taxes and I figure HAL is going to do what they are going to do anyway.

Yes, it is complicated.  I only put in the FCD of $300 each and have been told various amounts as 3 cruises booked on that original $300 have come and gone.  If I lose the $300 (which I don't think will happen)  I would not be happy but at least I won't be devastated.  It sounds as if others have a lot more invested into future cruises.   I have always been a one booking at a time type of person.