Lift and Shift - Silhouette Family Veranda

Stricks08

We are booked on the Silhouette in Nov in one of the Family Veranda rooms which is being fully converted to the new Sunset Suites next year - since the Family Veranda category wont exist next year, we were wonder if anyone has had experience in Lift-and-Shift-ing a similar reservation and what category of cabin did Celebrity equate it to? We are assuming they wont let us keep the cabin without a large up-charge. Thanks!

We were booked on Reflection in a 1A.  The only available L&S for our sailing was Constellation which is a M class ship and doesn't have 1A or 1B categories.  I was thinking they would put me in the next category up which is a C3, but no they put me in a 2A which is a 2 category downgrade.  Their justification was that 1A is the highest level balcony cabin on Reflection and 2A is highest level balcony on Constellation.  We ended up cancelling the B2B as the price was too high to pay for a 2A (170 sq ft) on M class on the Constellation which hasn't been Revolutionized.

FV are verandas so I think you would be able to move to another veranda, maybe a 1A if available.  A couple of years ago we switched from a C2 to a FV on the Infinity which is considered a downgrade,  It well worth it for the huge veranda with tge M Class FVs.

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I really doubt that the Silhouette will be done next year. They have a lot of lost monies they have to make up for.

I agree.  I bet all renovations on all cruise ships, except important maintenance will not be done- in fact, perhaps the older ships will be retired.

The problem the OP faces is that they can't lift & shift to the FV in the future as the room is reclassified as a SS.  We all know this is not going to happen but the reality of today they won't be moved to the existing FV cabins.   People have been reporting this on Infinity and Constellation as well.  My best advice would be to call Captains Club and ask what category you will be assigned.  I'm pretty sure they have a chart as I was given the information when I called and sure enough that's what they did to my disappointment.

Thanks all for the responses! This has confirmed what we were afraid would happen - we would be traveling with 18 month twins which is the reason for getting the FV on such a long cruise and since a regular veranda wouldn't be big enough, we would have to upgrade to a suite. We'll give Celebrity a call this week to see what they say and will report back.

-Kyle

12 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I really doubt that the Silhouette will be done next year. They have a lot of lost monies they have to make up for.

Silhouette has already been refurbished, her first sailing after it was completed was on Feb 14 2020.

Its Constellation and Infinity that are on hold.

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Since Silly has been refurbished, were the suite changes made to the FV cabins, or is X just going to reclassify without making any changes to these cabins:? And when are they to be reclassified?

Yes, the rooms were all re-done during the refurb to become 1 bedroom suites but they arent' selling them as a suite until next year so in the meantime, you can stay in the upgraded room but dont get any of the Suite benefits