A definitely not serious question

babs135

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Slightly off topic

This reminds me of a conversation when queuing in a Gibralter shop, between a young couple (1) and another older couple (2)

1. Is this your first time in Gibralter 

2. No, been many times - And you

1. This is our first time and our first cruise - Are you on a cruise

2. Yes

1. What ship are you on

2. Queen Victoria - And your ship

1. Thompson Dream

2. I suppose you have to start somewhere

That reminds me of the series of programmes made about Stelios and his Easy Cruise- the tiny ship which didn't provide any luxury items. 

They were filming passengers in the South of France, talking to passengers from the QM2, who were laughing at the sight of the little orange ship. When they found out it was a new idea from Stelios, who'd made a big success with Easy Jet and other Easy items, they stopped laughing and said- Oh, Stelios, eh? Hmmm.... 

There is another component that might be frequently overlooked by some.   You should never wear a T-shirt on the same cruise where you bought it.  It simply should not be done.   And yet, oh the horror, I've seen it happen!😄

22 hours ago, ldubs said:

There is another component that might be frequently overlooked by some.   You should never wear a T-shirt on the same cruise where you bought it.  It simply should not be done.   And yet, oh the horror, I've seen it happen!😄

Was that you staring at me? 

Edited by davekathy

• 2 weeks later...

Not shirts, but insulated cups.  Carnival included a nice Tervis tumbler cup in soda packages and gifted them to platinum level cruisers for a while.  We accumulated several.  Around the same time, NCL had insulated cups with a screw on lid that just aren't as good.  The NCL ones crack, the seals break, and the lids don't screw on straight on the first try.

We typically toss a couple Carnival/Tervis cups in our luggage, no matter what line we're on, because I hate watered down soda in a drippy cup.   Anyway, we never lose track of 'our' cups on a shared table at an activity, in the dance club, etc.  I'd like to think it saves dish-washing, but many bartenders will prepare the drink in a regular glass and then dump it in mine to avoid cross contamination (i.e. with the ice scoop).