A definitely not serious question

babs135

Hi Babs

Why not? It would at least signal that you are open to trying different products. 

I don't have any t-shirts, but I do have tote bags, that I bring which would have prominent logos. I choose according to size and needs. I don't care what the logo says.

• Like 2

We once had coffee mugs that we purchased in the gift shop on a Royal Caribbean voyage.  The baristas on the Princess Ship were amused when I took them down to the coffee shop to fill them up!  But, they weren’t offended!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

We once had coffee mugs that we purchased in the gift shop on a Royal Caribbean voyage.  The baristas on the Princess Ship were amused when I took them down to the coffee shop to fill them up!  But, they weren’t offended!

They would rather you be on their line with someone else's cups than vice versa. 😃

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, K32682 said:

No because I don't wear t-shirts with cruise line logos anywhere.   

3 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Unless they're PAYING me to advertise for them, I don't wear logo anything!

I am in agreement with these two posters.  For the life of me I do not understand why people actually pay coporations to advertise for them.  

That being said, my morals are, somewhat, flexible.  I have a closet full of casual shirts with logos on them.  Every one of them was given to me.  I consider that sufficient compensation for the service I am providing.

Also, it is impossible to find some items of clothing that do not have logos on them--sneakers and jeans, for example.  So, yes, I do wear sneakers and jeans that have logos on them.

In the last dozen, or so, years of my work career I made fairly regular trips to Hawaii.  Before my first trip while prepping with the local rep in Honolulu. his last item was. "No ties.  If you have Aloha shirts, that would be great."

An Aloha shirt, a nice pair of slacks and leather shoes were considered appropriate business dress in Hawaii.

On my first trip, there, I learned that the preferred brands of Aloha shirts among Hawaii businessmen were Kahala and Reyn Spooner.  It was easy to spot a Kahala shirt because there was a tag sewn onto the breast pocket with the Kahala logo.  I could never find any kind of logo on a Reyn Spooner shirt.  So, to this day I still have a small collection of Reyn Spooner shirts in my closet.

Sadly, I have noticed that in the last decade, or so, that businessmen in Honolulu seem comfortable wearing sportshirts that could have come from any store in middle America.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, babs135 said:

Whilst on a cruise would you wear a t-shirt bearing the logo of a rival company?  🤣🤣

I have.  Not a obvious logo design (big logo taking up whole front of shirt), but mostly from a cruise that happened to be on a different line.  Like a Mediterranean cruise with small cruise line logo in the lower corner.

Edited by Shmoo here

I have to admit to having done it, and here is the evidence:

enhance

I guess it could be excused because HAL was/is a part of Carnival, but I didn't look too closely at the shirt when I packed it, and just thought it said Caribbean, realized much later it was Carnival...  This was 10 years ago...  EM

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

I am in agreement with these two posters.  For the life of me I do not understand why people actually pay coporations to advertise for them.  

When I buy a t-shirt it isn't to advertise whatever it is that's selling it, it's to show that I've been there/done that (similar to buying a performer's t-shirt) and if it doesn't have the name of the ship that I sailed on then I don't buy it. I doubt that the advertising value of such things is all that high.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, babs135 said:

Whilst on a cruise would you wear a t-shirt bearing the logo of a rival company?  🤣🤣

I've done it with hats, I pretty much don't wate my money on the quality t shirts that most lines sell.

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

When I buy a t-shirt it isn't to advertise whatever it is that's selling it, it's to show that I've been there/done that (similar to buying a performer's t-shirt) and if it doesn't have the name of the ship that I sailed on then I don't buy it. I doubt that the advertising value of such things is all that high.

Fair enough.

2 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

To whom?

To the cruiseline and to the employees who work for said cruiseline.

I don't have to be "in your face" or antagonize someone just to get my jollies.

I used to work for a major corporation and was proud to work for them. I also knew and respected others who worked for my competitors. They were proud to work for them. As they should be.

Why would you where a t-shirt on one cruiseline that advertised a competitor?  What are you trying to say by doing that?                I can only afford 1 t-shirt? Ha, in your face, I can cruise any line I want? I hate your cruiseline but my family wanted to sail this one and this is how I show my displeasure?

But, Hey, that's just me. I couldn't really care less what someone else is wearing.

The question asked by the OP was ,,,, Would I?  The answer is No.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, babs135 said:

Yes,why not ?

I own 72 tee shirts.Several that I bought on cruise ships.Besides so many cruise lines own other cruise lines.