Singapore Port Opening soon

https://mbccs.com.sg/search-ship-result/

MBCCS has loaded the beginning of Quantum's 2020-2021 season as per the first itinerary of the season that is for sale on Royal's website starting on 19/10/20. She will come through Hong Kong and begin her first 9N cruise around Malaysia and Thailand. Also in September Radiance is making several unusual calls in port. This might not be revenue sailings because it looks quite odd, and the fact that Radiance, has never actually sailed from Singapore as a homeport before. This is all subject to delays and change in Covid-19 restrictions, but as they have recently loaded it, it leads me to believe that they are planning for the resuming of cruises from Singapore, to nearby countries, and that it is looking more optimistic for this side of the world. 

55 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

https://mbccs.com.sg/search-ship-result/

MBCCS has loaded the beginning of Quantum's 2020-2021 season as per the first itinerary of the season that is for sale on Royal's website starting on 19/10/20. She will come through Hong Kong and begin her first 9N cruise around Malaysia and Thailand. Also in September Radiance is making several unusual calls in port. This might not be revenue sailings because it looks quite odd, and the fact that Radiance, has never actually sailed from Singapore as a homeport before. This is all subject to delays and change in Covid-19 restrictions, but as they have recently loaded it, it leads me to believe that they are planning for the resuming of cruises from Singapore, to nearby countries, and that it is looking more optimistic for this side of the world. 

What’s the story with voyager?

Vietnam,Singapore,Darwin,Vietnam Singapore??

Is that a passenger cruise?

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

What’s the story with voyager?

Vietnam,Singapore,Darwin,Vietnam Singapore??

Is that a passenger cruise?

I am also lost with Voyager and Radiance, the only one that seems to make sense is Quantum so far, following the proposed schedule of sorts. Royal hasn't come out with a official announcement as of yet with regards to when operations will begin in Asia.

Edited by Ethanol95

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Quantum sailings are still listed starting in Mid-August from China. Unlike all the other ships drifting in Manila bay, she's actually docked today.

So probably, in warm lay-up? 

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Why would Voyager be going to Darwin?

Pick up crew or Australian health experts for a Australian season???

I don't believe they went to Australia to repatriate crew members. 

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Cruise ban is till September.

Darwin’s got radiance booked on the 22nd also.

Looks like Voyager and Radiance is still doing Australia then, if these port bookings are true. 

I read a few articles about Singapore and cruise industry in general. about 5% of the population is involved in the industry. So I am sure they are intrested in starting the business as soon as possible. The entire country economy depends on it 

13 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I read a few articles about Singapore and cruise industry in general. about 5% of the population is involved in the industry. So I am sure they are intrested in starting the business as soon as possible. The entire country economy depends on it 

Having spent some time in Singapore I can tell you that the entire economy does not depend on the cruise industry. Tourism in general is important but still only accounts for approximately 5% of their economy. They are a very wealthy, debt free country. Where did you get 5% of the population is involved directly with the cruise industry?

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Where did you get this figure from?