If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

17 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

Absolutely, about three months after it comes out - got to have a little caution!

I hear you!

With this "warp speed" slogan, one has to wonder if important safety steps will not be taken.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

I hear you!

With this "warp speed" slogan, one has to wonder if important safety steps will not be taken.

With more than 100,000 humans already in the third and final stage of testing it looks like NONE of the steps have been ignored.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

It seems like if masks are mandated to protect us from covid they will concurrently protect us from the flu.

The downside is using a pharmaceutical agent when it isn't needed, I suppose.

You are making a common mistake.  Wearing a mask does not protect you, it helps protect other people.  So while you can wear a mask all the time it won't stop your getting the flu virus if somene else has it and isn't wearing a mask.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

It seems like if masks are mandated to protect us from covid they will concurrently protect us from the flu.

The downside is using a pharmaceutical agent when it isn't needed, I suppose.

Sadly the masks DO NOT fully protect us.  They may, but only in a small way.  They actually protect others.  So there will still be a need to use a vaccine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

You are making a common mistake.  Wearing a mask does not protect you, it helps protect other people.  So while you can wear a mask all the time it won't stop your getting the flu virus if somene else has it and isn't wearing a mask.

I guess  my brevity leaves room for misunderstanding.  I apologize. 
Masks are mandated where I live.  Everyone is wearing them.  If THEIR mask is protecting me from covid, then THEIR mask is also protecting me from everything else.  :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

With more than 100,000 humans already in the third and final stage of testing it looks like NONE of the steps have been ignored.

Maybe yes, maybe no.  I certainly hope that is the case.

On 8/15/2020 at 1:46 PM, zeberdee said:

Two days ago on the UK BBC news, the head of the UK covid vaccine task force ( Kate Bingham) said they didn't think a vaccine if found against covid would give immunity, but would lessen the severity of illness if infected.

I think its still too early to believe that an effective vaccine will be found soon.

Everyone has their own thoughts and opinion about vaccines, this is just a different slant on the hope that some sort of vaccine will be found.

I just listened to an interview from the end of July on CNN with Kate Bingham and she didn't give any indication that a vaccine wouldn't work.  She did state that a vaccine would have to prove to be effective to be administered , but that is an entirely different statement than it absolutely won't work.

Can you please provide a link for the interview you are talking about?

On 8/13/2020 at 3:29 PM, pcur said:

I have B+, which is more protection than type A, but less than type O.

I use the ignore list to avoid contentious people, not because my feelings are hurt.  In all things in life, I think respect and courtesy is required.  If other people cannot show it, then I avoid them.

COVID-19 and Blood Type

Study finds no relationship between blood type and severity of COVID-19

https://hms.harvard.edu/news/covid-19-blood-type

Folks - the study concerning blood type and infections has been going on for years - it's nothing new.  I have a rare blood type and I have followed this way before C19.

Edited by mek

On 8/11/2020 at 4:24 PM, zekekelso said:

I’m about as pro vaccine as they get. I suspect our ancestors would think we are nuts for rejecting life saving medicine. That said, once we have a vaccine it’s going to take 3-6 months to vaccinate everyone who is willing.  I’ll be at the front of the line. But if somebody wants to be at the back of the line for some extra caution, I totally understand. 

I look at it this way.......that "extra caution" just may find you with Covid. I'm not going to take that chance. I will be first in line for the vaccine. As an aside.....I have never had a flu vaccine and I think I may have had the flu once about 30 years ago. I say "think" because what I experienced was  cold with a 102 fever for about 3 days.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:03 PM, crzndeb said:

Thousands of people will never get this virus, just like thousands have never had the flu (knock on wood), or any other major illnesses.  As a healthy individual who isn’t overweight, doesn’t smoke, moderate drinker, and does very little public socializing, I don’t worry to much about getting sick. Will I get the vaccine? Probably after it’s been out a while and there is proof it works. I’ve been cruising for 40 years, so if I can’t cruise, it’s really not a big deal to me.

The trials are to see if the vaccine "works". In fact, they will know exactly how effective the vaccine will be before it is released to the general population.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:46 PM, Mapleleafforever said:

The latest number for worldwide deaths from Covid-19 is under 750k. Lots of those are people being counted have died "with" Covid-19 and not "as a result of" Covid-19. 

I must say you are absolutely wrong. Covid-19 is in fact a HIGHLY discriminatory virus.....just look at the demographics of who have passed,  over 80% worldwide were over 80. There are multiple sources citing these same numbers. Can you provide a source that states that millions of healthy people have died from Covid-19?

This disease isn't killing young (under 50ish), healthy individuals and that's a fact. I don't know where you're getting your information from but it's flat out wrong. 

This virus has killed young healthy individuals, just not nearly as many as the older population with underlying conditions. Anyone who is a healthy specimen......are you willing to take the chance of not contracting this virus?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

Maintaining social distancing will help you from getting any virus, including the virus that causes Covid. Plus wear a mask and don't touch your face unless your hands are freshly washed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

This virus has killed young healthy individuals, just not nearly as many as the older population with underlying conditions. Anyone who is a healthy specimen......are you willing to take the chance of not contracting this virus?

Outliers. I am not concerned one bit about myself contracting the virus (98% chance we already had it this past February coming off of Allure)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I look at it this way.......that "extra caution" just may find you with Covid. I'm not going to take that chance. I will be first in line for the vaccine. As an aside.....I have never had a flu vaccine and I think I may have had the flu once about 30 years ago. I say "think" because what I experienced was  cold with a 102 fever for about 3 days.

Not a problem because the vast, overwhelming majority of people will shrug it off with ease.....quite a lot without even knowing they had it in the first place. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

The trials are to see if the vaccine "works". In fact, they will know exactly how effective the vaccine will be before it is released to the general population.

But just in case the pharma companies have been granted legal impunity, what could go wrong?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Not a problem because the vast, overwhelming majority of people will shrug it off with ease.....quite a lot without even knowing they had it in the first place. 

The relatives of over 170,000 people here in America would disagree with you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

The relatives of over 170,000 people here in America would disagree with you!

At around 5.5 million confirmed cases and possibly tens of millions of undiagnosed cases in the US pretty much says that the vast majority of people will shrug it off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

At around 5.5 million confirmed cases and possibly tens of millions of undiagnosed cases in the US pretty much says that the vast majority of people will shrug it off.

I think I'm borrowing this response from Graham (please correct me if I'm wrong)...

Are you willing to volunteer the person you most love to be one of the 170,000 here in America who will not "shrug it off?"

59 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200716-the-people-with-hidden-protection-from-covid-19

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I think I'm borrowing this response from Graham (please correct me if I'm wrong)...

Are you willing to volunteer the person you most love to be one of the 170,000 here in America who will not "shrug it off?"

I'm not really understanding your question. Are you expecting 170k MORE deaths down there? If so it's really time to turn off the news. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

I hate to tell you this, but it you were on the allure Super Bowl cruise, you most likely had the flu.  DW and I also got sick, she did the antibody test when donating blood and it came back as negative.   I could not do the blood donation, to see because as I like to tell people, I have Mad Cow.  Lived in the UK at the wrong time.

Wasn't on her Superbowl week and I definitely didn't have the flu. Our toddler and infant both ran fevers on board for 2 days and the infant had vomiting one night but both recovered fine on board. On the last day I developed a dry cough and thought nothing of it. During the week we got back I still had my cough and I couldn't drink my favourite coffee for a few days as it didn't taste right (nothing tasted right). I had no other symptoms.  During the same week my wife started running a fever with a cough and had it for a week before it broke. My parents in their late 60's and early 70's also started running a fever with cough and their Dr gave them Tamiflu which did absolutely nothing. It took 2 weeks for their fevers to break and their coughs to go away. Luckily both my parents are a healthy weight and exercise regularly and have no other conditions. 

We still laugh at how on our flight home everyone on the flight was hacking up a lung and how when we got home it was a completely different landscape (Pandemic Mode) to when we left.....in Canada anyway. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I'm not really understanding your question. Are you expecting 170k MORE deaths down there? If so it's really time to turn off the news. 

It was obvious I was asking how you would feel if you lost the person you love the most to COVID-19. 

But to answer your question... sadly, another 170,000 is entirely possible.