Name for new ship coming in 2022

tidecat

8 minutes ago, cjknox said:

Festivale or Tropicale

Carnivale will be skipped because it will be known as the "Carnival Carnivale" and that would be very confusing.

Maybe...if Carnival chooses the naming criteria to include "Carnival" like most of their ships.  However, Mardi Gras is not named "Carnival Mardi Gras"...she's simply named "Mardi Gras", so it is possible Carnival could drop the "Carnival" prefix and simply name her "Carnivale".

Garnett

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

It would just be called Carnivale, like how the current or soon to be Mardi Gras isnt called Carnival Mardi Gras and I don’t think it’s known as it. 

While not officially known as that, those who are not cruise enthusiasts may call Carnival Mardi Gras. The general public still has trouble figuring out what ship they're sailing on occasion anyway.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

While not officially known as that, those who are not cruise enthusiasts may call Carnival Mardi Gras. The general public still has trouble figuring out what ship they're sailing on occasion anyway.

What ship is this? Sunrise? Sunshine? Sunfish? Sunflower? What class ship is it? Destiny? Vista? Fantasy?  People tell me they are going on a cruise or went on a cruise and can’t say what line or ship it is or was. Seriously.

We’re going on a cruise later this year!

You are? That’s great! What line?

Blank stare.

(Kmomchicago offers the usual suspects).

Norwegian! That’s it!

Great, which ship?

Blank stare.

Where are you going?

Umm, I think Florida and maybe some island. It said there would be a beach.

So, no, I don't think they better name it the Carnivale. Nor the Carnival Carnivale.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2020 at 6:59 AM, Cruisertoday said:

The definition of Jubilee per Oxford Dictionary is 
“a special anniversary of an event, especially one celebrating twenty-five or fifty years of a reign or activity.”

This would make the most sense.

this makes most sense - I vote this one as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

What ship is this? Sunrise? Sunshine? Sunfish? Sunflower? What class ship is it? Destiny? Vista? Fantasy?  People tell me they are going on a cruise or went on a cruise and can’t say what line or ship it is or was. Seriously.

Blank stare.

Norwegian! That’s it!

Great, which ship?

Blank stare.

Where are you going?

So, no, I don't think they better name it the Carnivale. Nor the Carnival Carnivale.

Story of my life!!

• Haha 1

Since I still don't understand why with Mardi Gras they forget the Carnival-prefix, I hope they will bring that back. It might have been a good idea to distinguish a new flag ship, but any new ship is the future's golden oldy. Just like the Grand Princess, once the biggest cruise ship afloat, now not so much. They could almost change her name to Medium Princess for that matter. Personally also not a fan of the useless -e on the end of Carnivale, Festivale and Tropicale (like those malls that call them selves 'east towne mall' or so, it's just wrong and looks horrible). So all in all Carnival Carnival could do, but that is just weird. So if they want to recycle an old name Carnival Festival (actually a kids ride in a Dutch theme park 🙂) or Carnival Tropical would do. But my own personal favourite would be Carnival Jubelee, because it is also the name of a London Underground line.

On 7/25/2020 at 3:59 AM, Cruisertoday said:

The definition of Jubilee per Oxford Dictionary is 
“a special anniversary of an event, especially one celebrating twenty-five or fifty years of a reign or activity.”

This would make the most sense.

Jubilee is also  a member of the human subspecies known as mutants (X-Men), born with superhuman abilities. She can generate pyrotechnic energy blasts from her hands. 😋

On 7/26/2020 at 8:35 AM, KmomChicago said:

Blank stare.

Norwegian! That’s it!

Great, which ship?

Blank stare.

Where are you going?

Because these details aren't really important.  While I know which ships I've been on, I don't book my cruises based on the ship. I only care about the itinerary. Ship class? Are you kidding me?

Did the ship leave and return safely? That's what is important to most people. We aren't maritime folk.

49 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

Because these details aren't really important.  While I know which ships I've been on, I don't book my cruises based on the ship. I only care about the itinerary. Ship class? Are you kidding me?

Did the ship leave and return safely? That's what is important to most people. We aren't maritime folk.

Maybe but knowing the name of your ship, cruise line or port of embarkation are useful conversation pieces when in-transit to your cruise, having a general conversation about your upcoming vacation or possibly even while mid-vacation trying to return to your ship from Carlos and Charlie’s. Some may even consider this vital.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

So there you go. Who cares what they name the new ship? The names invoke no romance, anticipation, or passion in the potential passenger and are just extraneous details. I'm okay with that.

It could just as well be called Carnival Ship Number 35. Or it could be given a regular name like Carnival Kevin or Carnival Josephine. The people don't care.

Edited by KmomChicago

4 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Maybe but knowing the name of your ship, cruise line or port of embarkation are useful conversation pieces when in-transit to your cruise, having a general conversation about your upcoming vacation or possibly even while mid-vacation trying to return to your ship from Carlos and Charlie’s. Some may even consider this vital.

Come on. Of course people know the name before embarkation or while in port. However,  once the trip is over, they no longer need to remain that info in their minds. The record is kept online on the Carnival site. 

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

So there you go. Who cares what they name the new ship? The names invoke no romance, anticipation, or passion in the potential passenger and are just extraneous details. I'm okay with that.

It could just as well be called Carnival Ship Number 35. Or it could be given a regular name like Carnival Kevin or Carnival Josephine. The people don't care.

Well...any of those will just as easily print out on a boarding pass or SS card.