Breeze 10/18/20

jdixon0631

We are scheduled to sail on the breeze in October. All 3 ports that we are visiting has travel restrictions for us travelers. I have no doubt that the cruise will be canceled. How can carnival continue to sell this cruise knowing that there is no ports to dock at with the current itinerary 

• Like 1

John Heald says this cruise is still scheduled to go as planned. There have not been any itinerary changes or trip interruptions as they expect all ports to open without any advisories for those traveling from the United States. Carnival recommends that you continue to monitor their website for any updated information.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jdixon0631 said:

We are scheduled to sail on the breeze in October. All 3 ports that we are visiting has travel restrictions for us travelers. I have no doubt that the cruise will be canceled. How can carnival continue to sell this cruise knowing that there is no ports to dock at with the current itinerary 

The ports will change their rules as time goes by.   They are not permanently  closed and nobody knows what dates they will officially re open.    Carnival isn't going to cancel cruises too far ahead as things change constantly.  

If you arent comfortable, you can cancel now, but i would wait until they cancel (if they do) so you can get the OBC for a future cruise.

9 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Just follow his social media page! He’s incredible reliable and credible considering he’s the brand ambassador for Carnival Cruise Line.

I'm drowning in your sarcasm!  Haha!  😄

Anyway, the state of the ports today may indeed change by the time you cruise.

Is it likely?  :shrug:

Carnival has chosen to march forward as though things will resume as planned, 1 Oct 2020.  They've been pretty consistent with that philosophy, so I am not sure why anyone would expect any different.

I personally don't have a whole lot of confidence things will go as planned, but maybe the virus will indeed just disappear one day, like magic.

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I'm drowning in your sarcasm!  Haha!  😄

Anyway, the state of the ports today may indeed change by the time you cruise.

Is it likely?  :shrug:

Carnival has chosen to march forward as though things will resume as planned, 1 Oct 2020.  They've been pretty consistent with that philosophy, so I am not sure why anyone would expect any different.

I personally don't have a whole lot of confidence things will go as planned, but maybe the virus will indeed just disappear one day, like magic.

I’m confused and have been following Carnival’s guidance very closely. 🤔

Things in October are good to go.

I'm on freedom Oct 4th and I expect to be cancelled or rerouted. Most likely cancelled.

Roatan mayor says will not be open to cruise ships until into 2021. Sure he could change his mind, but my cruise seems unlikely in my mind. I'm just waiting it out OP like you.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it depends on the Mayor of the port city.  We are scheduled for Oct. cruise out of NOLA and I doubt the Mayor there will open the port back up for cruising.  At least not until after Nov. 3.

• Like 1

We are sailing on the 8 day cruise on the Breeze from Fort Lauderdale on October 24th.  One of our port stops is Bonaire and I read that they are not opening for cruise passengers until November 1st so we will miss Bonaire.  If Bonaire is cancelled I hope they dock in Curacao.  We are also scheduled to stop in Aruba and I don't know when they will open up to cruise ships.  Has anyone heard about Aruba?

Of course, it's all going to be a moot point if Carnival cancels all cruises for the rest of the year.

I hope we sail because this cruise is the Halloween cruise and a lot of passengers wear costumes.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm on freedom Oct 4th and I expect to be cancelled or rerouted. Most likely cancelled.

Roatan mayor says will not be open to cruise ships until into 2021. Sure he could change his mind, but my cruise seems unlikely in my mind. I'm just waiting it out OP like you.

This is exactly what I've been talking about. Just because Carnival is ready to cruise doesn't mean these ports will have their borders open and waiting. Then what? a cruise to nowhere? No thanks, I'll pass. 

2 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

This is exactly what I've been talking about. Just because Carnival is ready to cruise doesn't mean these ports will have their borders open and waiting. Then what? a cruise to nowhere? No thanks, I'll pass. 

Actually a cruise to nowhere isn't allowed.

I do think Belize doesn't care enough they might be open. 

2 hours ago, SERK said:

Unfortunately it depends on the Mayor of the port city.  We are scheduled for Oct. cruise out of NOLA and I doubt the Mayor there will open the port back up for cruising.  At least not until after Nov. 3.

My sentiments exactly!!

The port cities really are the problem now.  I don't have the numbers, but say you're a port city like New York.  Perhaps historically 80% of the folks sailing out of New York  were from the Tristate area (I have no idea if this is true).  Maybe you'd be like, "okay, let's open the port and have cruises go in and out."  But what if historically it was more like 20%?  Would you want to be letting/encouraging all of these out-of-towners flock into your city?  If I were the mayor of a port city, I'd be really concerned about inviting folks from far and wide to come into my town.  Hell, I live in the Bay Area and the spot here with the worst covid-19 rate is San Jose - also known as where we keep our airport.  So the cruise lines are at the mercy of the cities where they'll be sailing out of and where they're hoping to visit.  If Major League Baseball can't seem to keep covid out of their "bubble" with all the money and precautions they have how can you expect a ship full of ordinary people to?

13 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

Carnival accepted payments for radiance cruise out of Galveston up to a day or two before they announced those cancellations. Seems unethical 

I'd been considering radiance, but was waiting for my oct 4th to get cancelled. Maybe i dodged a bullet. At least with rcl if they move you its price protected. 

Some good things with rcl and ccl the way they are handling it. What I didn't like about ccl is most of the deposits are non refundable. Rcl will let you cancel and move without losing your deposit.

I agree with you. They should give you a full refund, which hopefully you get. I'm not sure what people are being offered.

Edited by firefly333