Crown Princess dry dock?

13cheermom

So does anyone know who the status of the Crown Princess as far as all the problems it was having prior to the pause?  I know it was scheduled for a dry dock sometime this fall, however not sure those plans are still on the schedule.  Does anyone think that any repair work will be done during this pause operation for much needed scheduled maintenance?  Want to book it for Panama 2022, but am concerned about all the problems it was having back at the beginning of this year.  Any thoughts? Thanks!

The generator was being worked on this past February/March, the entire 30 days we were on board. The chief technical officer mentioned to me that the repair parts were on board and the generator was being rebuilt. He expected it to be completed during the March 6th voyage, the one just after we disembarked, and the final one before the shutdown. Job completed, don't actually know, but expect it would be before the ship sails again. I was told that a dry dock wasn't necessary to do these repairs.

7 hours ago, skynight said:

The generator was being worked on this past February/March, the entire 30 days we were on board. The chief technical officer mentioned to me that the repair parts were on board and the generator was being rebuilt. He expected it to be completed during the March 6th voyage, the one just after we disembarked, and the final one before the shutdown. Job completed, don't actually know, but expect it would be before the ship sails again. I was told that a dry dock wasn't necessary to do these repairs.

Thanks, that is my main concern that the issues get fixed prior to starting back again.  It sounds like those repairs could be done outside of dry dock.  How was the ship condition overall in your opinion?  Would you sail on her again?  Thanks for an tips or advice.  

13 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

So does anyone know who the status of the Crown Princess as far as all the problems it was having prior to the pause?  I know it was scheduled for a dry dock sometime this fall, however not sure those plans are still on the schedule.  Does anyone think that any repair work will be done during this pause operation for much needed scheduled maintenance?  Want to book it for Panama 2022, but am concerned about all the problems it was having back at the beginning of this year.  Any thoughts? Thanks!

Use this link to see the posted schedule. https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

Tom😀

The company is way too reach. I doubt they will waste too much time dealing with the Princess. They would more likely purchase and build another ship or rent the broken one. This pause with operations is mostly connected with the current virus situation. There shouldn't be any doubts about such pauses these days. We all know the reason behind it 

44 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

The company is way too reach. I doubt they will waste too much time dealing with the Princess. They would more likely purchase and build another ship or rent the broken one. This pause with operations is mostly connected with the current virus situation. There shouldn't be any doubts about such pauses these days. We all know the reason behind it 

I love the bit about the  virus!!!!!  understatement of the year.😂

4 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Yeah so I guess you had your usual rant for the day, lol.  But it sure didn't help answer my question in the original post.  What some people do for entertainment 😂.

10 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Thanks, that is my main concern that the issues get fixed prior to starting back again.  It sounds like those repairs could be done outside of dry dock.  How was the ship condition overall in your opinion?  Would you sail on her again?  Thanks for an tips or advice.  

The ship was in good condition. Didn't see any issues or areas that badly required repairs. It is a fully medallion class ship. New comfy beds. Great crew at the time. In hopes that a vaccine will bring the virus under control we are using our FCD's to book the Crown for February/March 2022, 29 days b2b. Hopefully we will sail.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Have no idea what this means and how it answers the OP's questions about the Crown's generator issue and the scheduled dry dock.

6 hours ago, skynight said:

How was the ship condition overall in your opinion?  Would you sail on her again?

We were on 2/15-2/25, and the only thing that was obviously in need of replacement was the gold Mylar film that they put on the interiors of the aft elevators. It looked cheap, and it was scuffed/scratched and peeling in many places. Surely there are better materials to use when refreshing the interior of an elevator, but it appears that they were going for the cheap fix. Would that keep me from sailing her again, absolutely not. Everything else was as expected, if not better.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

We were on 2/15-2/25, and the only thing that was obviously in need of replacement was the gold Mylar film that they put on the interiors of the aft elevators. It looked cheap, and it was scuffed/scratched and peeling in many places. Surely there are better materials to use when refreshing the interior of an elevator, but it appears that they were going for the cheap fix. Would that keep me from sailing her again, absolutely not. Everything else was as expected, if not better.

Yes, I remember that. Probably a paint made to adhere to the elevator doors would do a better job. No need to make it glitzy gold. 

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Agreed! I too was on her in February. Other than those doors, she looked great!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skynight said:

Have no idea what this means and how it answers the OP's questions about the Crown's generator issue and the scheduled dry dock.

I've often wondered about his posts especially on random roll calls he's not sailing