Empress of The Seas

It is a shame that Empress and Majesty did not have a Farewell Cruise before leaving the Royal Caribbean Fleet in 2020.  Empress would have had a Farewell Cruise in 2008 when she was transferred from Royal to Pullmantur, and another Farewell Cruise in 2016 when she transferred back to Royal from Pullmantur.  Poor Majesty never had any Farewell cruise.

I was on the first leg of a B2B on Majesty in March when cruising came to a halt.  As I departed Majesty one week early, I would never have thought that I was departing Majesty on its last cruise with Royal.

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

It is a shame that Empress and Majesty did not have a Farewell Cruise before leaving the Royal Caribbean Fleet in 2020.  Empress would have had a Farewell Cruise in 2008 when she was transferred from Royal to Pullmantur, and another Farewell Cruise in 2016 when she transferred back to Royal from Pullmantur.  Poor Majesty never had any Farewell cruise.

I was on the first leg of a B2B on Majesty in March when cruising came to a halt.  As I departed Majesty one week early, I would never have thought that I was departing Majesty on its last cruise with Royal.

I agree with you.  We have been on several 'last-and-final' cruises and it was always a memorable event.  We relived many old memories with fellow passengers and crew; like saying goodbye to an old friend.  That would have been special for us on the Majesty.

We had the same plans - B2B on the Majesty on March 7 and 14, and had to "vacate the premises" on the morning of March 14. It would have been our first-ever B2B 😞 .

Just the day before the sale of the Majesty and Empress was announced, we were thinking of using one of our Club Royale discounts to book a cruise on the Majesty. The dates didn't work out, so we booked on the Explorer out of Galveston instead. I guess it worked out in our favor...

1 hour ago, sushitex said:

We had the same plans - B2B on the Majesty on March 7 and 14, and had to "vacate the premises" on the morning of March 14. It would have been our first-ever B2B 😞 .

Just the day before the sale of the Majesty and Empress was announced, we were thinking of using one of our Club Royale discounts to book a cruise on the Majesty. The dates didn't work out, so we booked on the Explorer out of Galveston instead. I guess it worked out in our favor...

What is also sad was that the Majesty cruise may have been my last port call at Key West.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NancyIL said:

According to RCI’s email, you will get a FCC unless you request a refund. 

I requested the refund, but I have $750 that was a FCC from a nonrefundable deposit and then $750 from the Cruise with Confidence program since they made me pay another deposit.  I'm just hoping I get all $1500 refunded as I do not want any FCC.  We will not be cruising again for a very long time. 

3 minutes ago, travelinmoma said:

I requested the refund, but I have $750 that was a FCC from a nonrefundable deposit and then $750 from the Cruise with Confidence program since they made me pay another deposit.  I'm just hoping I get all $1500 refunded as I do not want any FCC.  We will not be cruising again for a very long time. 

My understanding is that cash will be refunded, and any FCCs will be reissued. 

29 minutes ago, travelinmoma said:

25 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

My understanding is that cash will be refunded, and any FCCs will be reissued. 

As Nancy mentioned,   The FCC will be reissued and you may request a refund on the new cash. 

7 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Logged in to my Royal account just now and it still lists my September Empress cruise as a booked pending cruise.  Royal IT at work.

At least that’s on the figure. My Oasis cruise was due to return today is still listed.

I believe that they stay active until refunds or FCC’s have been issued. 

On 12/27/2020 at 11:44 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

At least that’s on the figure. My Oasis cruise was due to return today is still listed.

I believe that they stay active until refunds or FCC’s have been issued. 

Plus RCI has to be swamped with all the ships and all the sailings that need to be cancelled.

16 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

The deposit from my cancelled Empress cruise has posted to my credit card.  Just logged on to my Royal account and the Empress is still listed as one of my pending cruises.  Wonder how long it will take for that cruise to drop off of my pending cruises!

I filled out the form online to have my deposit of my cancelled Empress cruise refunded a day or two after they announced the sale of the Empress and cancellations.  It took a few days, but the cruise is no longer showing in my RC account online. The cancellation confirmation form did say 30-45 days for the refund to process.

12 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I wonder if the crew will work for the new company or if the new company will hire their own crew.

I assume Cordelia has plenty of crew back in India from former Jalesh staff. This all assumes the ship will actually sail for cruises and not end up on the beach at Alang.

CMV Marco Polo was bought by some Gulf company to turn into a hotel (anchored off Dubai now)  but apparently will end up on the beach in Alang in less than two weeks.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 2