What do you miss about cruising Celebrity?

On 7/31/2020 at 8:43 AM, celebritycruisevlog said:

Hello,

What does everyone miss about cruising? We miss the free entertainment, the great food, the World Class Bar, and not having to cook and clean! What does everyone else miss about cruising Celebrity?

Love no car for 2 weeks.  Love the shows.  Love sitting out on the balcony at night.  Love hanging out on the ship  and love the different ports with the different experiences.  Love the 2 day stops in Aruba.   there actually isn't much I do not like about cruising 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 8:43 AM, celebritycruisevlog said:

Hello,

What does everyone miss about cruising? We miss the free entertainment, the great food, the World Class Bar, and not having to cook and clean! What does everyone else miss about cruising Celebrity?

It changes each day.  

For me yesterday, it was NOT being up on the pool/observation decks feeling the breeze, enjoying a beer and listening to some Caribbean inspired music.

• Like 1

We just happened to see Rick Steeves' episode on cruising last night and it all came flooding back. I miss the food, the service, doing something different every day, the relaxation, the different experiences (have you seen the pilot drop off and pick up when porting in Astoria? Like a James Bond movie!!), and of course, the ocean. My husband and I just love being together and to do so at sea is just the best. 😊

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Langley Cruisers said:

We just happened to see Rick Steeves' episode on cruising last night and it all came flooding back. I miss the food, the service, doing something different every day, the relaxation, the different experiences (have you seen the pilot drop off and pick up when porting in Astoria? Like a James Bond movie!!), and of course, the ocean. My husband and I just love being together and to do so at sea is just the best. 😊

As the weeks go by, like yourselves, we miss the full experience a cruise is...Totally agree with your last sentence ‘My husband and I just love being together and to do so at sea is just the best’.

In the meantime we are enjoying our life the best we can in these difficult circumstances and hope you are too...

Sincere best wishes

• Like 3

Ditto to above...true vacation for me...no cooking, no bed making, someone is making my meals so no kitchen/dish cleaning and awesome bartenders making our drinks! Also, no grocery shopping for the condo/vacation accommodations!  The amazing crew, staff and experience.  I could go on but in a nutshell, it's EVERYTHING!!!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've never been badgered about anything.  I just smile sweetly and say, "No thank you."  And they go away.

Absolutely correct--- Was never badgered once -- Yes, was asked if we wanted to purchase a drink package, specialty dining, spa treatment , etc. It's called " marketing " -- What's the " big deal " ?  I worked in the Service Industry for " years " and everyone deserves the courtesy of a polite reply . I've seen many times , men walking out of the restroom and not acknowledge the attendant's '' Good Evening ".

I'll tell you what's worse than what the writer calls " being badgered "--- Obnoxious big mouths with no social skills as seen on every cruise. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

We miss being badgered to buy drink packages, or specialty restaurant meals, while trying to have a nice meal in the buffet.

I've never seen anyone trying to sell specialty dining pkgs inside the buffet-- only at the entrance .

Even if they did , how can that disturb your " nice " meal-- in the buffet ? 

8 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I miss being jammed into the elevator with a dozen people I don't know.

LOL-- Ya want a " private " elevator ???  Wait till cruising starts up again and watch the fights at the elevators.  

15 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Absolutely correct--- Was never badgered once -- Yes, was asked if we wanted to purchase a drink package, specialty dining, spa treatment , etc. It's called " marketing " -- What's the " big deal " ?  I worked in the Service Industry for " years " and everyone deserves the courtesy of a polite reply . I've seen many times , men walking out of the restroom and not acknowledge the attendant's '' Good Evening ".

I'll tell you what's worse than what the writer calls " being badgered "--- Obnoxious big mouths with no social skills as seen on every cruise. 

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've never been badgered about anything.  I just smile sweetly and say, "No thank you."  And they go away.

Agree. We've never been what I would consider being badgered. Approached and ask, yes. No thank you, we all ready have the CBP or no thank you we enjoy SD in the MDR. Followed by ,enjoy your cruise, sir. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL-- Ya want a " private " elevator ???  Wait till cruising starts up again and watch the fights at the elevators.  

We usually take the stairs.  Especially if we see a crowd after an event or returning from a day in port. 

• Like 2