NCL ships leave leave Miami - unknown return date

david_sobe

I can`t imagine that having all these ships in europe is cheaper than somewhere in north america.Especially if they are anchores somewhere in open waters there shouldn`t be any charges at all or only very low ones. If they are burning fuel there must be an important reason to do so. Either there are goig to some shipyards to get the HEPA filters and other stuff or it is for easier crew movements.

19 hours ago, hallux said:

When I posted my comment 2 days ago, just after Isaias had passed by, nobody had made any comment or indication that they were on the move to Europe.  I didn't watch the video on the YouTube page, where the description does indicate they were heading East.  Because of that, I could still draw the conclusion that I did.

Yup. The minute they got underway on 7/31 and 8/1, folks that looked at ship trackers knew their destinations were far far away. 

Update:

Encore and Bliss are docked at Oceankaj in Copenhagen - been there two days already.

Epic is now docked at Civitavecchia Italy. MarineTraffic says she is due in Naples on Aug 18. Jade is in Naples Italy.

Breakaway and Getaway are still docked in Marseille France. Star still in Southampton England.

Spirit and Dawn arrived in Siracusa (on Sicily island) Italy today; Spirit is docked and Dawn is anchored.

Sun, Sky and Pearl still docked in Curacao but Gem moved to dock in Aruba early this morning.

Escape still anchored off Manila Philippines, and Joy is on a little "cruise" off Labuan/Sarawak coast of Malaysia, due in Singapore on Aug 16.

Jewel still in Los Angeles and Pride of America still in Honolulu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Update:

Encore and Bliss are docked at Oceankaj in Copenhagen - been there two days already.

Epic is now docked at Civitavecchia Italy. MarineTraffic says she is due in Naples on Aug 18. Jade is in Naples Italy.

Breakaway and Getaway are still docked in Marseille France. Star still in Southampton England.

Spirit and Dawn arrived in Siracusa (on Sicily island) Italy today; Spirit is docked and Dawn is anchored.

Sun, Sky and Pearl still docked in Curacao but Gem moved to dock in Aruba early this morning.

Escape still anchored off Manila Philippines, and Joy is on a little "cruise" off Labuan/Sarawak coast of Malaysia, due in Singapore on Aug 16.

Jewel still in Los Angeles and Pride of America still in Honolulu.

Escape just departed from Manila and is also en route to Singapore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Sorry but I have no idea. It's just one year since her previous drydock (spring 2019, before she left the Asia market and was re-deployed to Alaska)

Hopefully chengkp75 might enlighten us?

• Like 1

Is the Joy in drydock or just "dock"? My understanding is that many cruise ships are just sailing around for now until they get their orders for future cruises. To the best of my knowledge, the Joy isn't scheduled for a drydock at this time. She got one just 3 years ago IIRC. Mind you, I'd love it if she got a sauna/spa installed (not the professional $$ spa but the free kind), since we are booked on her for next year. 😀

4 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

She got one just 3 years ago IIRC

She LAUNCHED 3 years ago.  She received some refit last year to transition from the Asia market to the US market.  Definitely not due for marine-side services unless there was a non-critical issue to be addressed and they decided to "make hay while the sun shines" and do it while they had no paying passengers to sail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hallux said:

She LAUNCHED 3 years ago.  She received some refit last year to transition from the Asia market to the US market.  Definitely not due for marine-side services unless there was a non-critical issue to be addressed and they decided to "make hay while the sun shines" and do it while they had no paying passengers to sail.

Thanks for the clarification. I got confused, I know she was built for the Chinese market and then was repositioned to the Western Hemisphere but, I assumed, got some modifications (but I think I was mistaken). Thanks again!

I think there are a few opportunistic dry docks taking place. Breakaway had its scheduled dry dock in 2018, and then another just completed in Marseilles.  Usually a dry dock is to work in the hull or azipods.   So there was something they wanted to do that did not get done in 2018 or came about afterward.  I know azipods have been giving a lot of ships trouble, needing repairs before their scheduled time.

I missed it, but Getaway must have gone out for a short run and returned to the pier in Marseilles because she is facing out now, and was facing in.

A few weeks ago Breakaway went out for a turn around the bay and returned to dry dock... but looks like it remains wet.