A Positive Refund Experience

I cancelled our December cruise on July 16th.  

As of today, less than 3wks later, I have ALL of my money back!!  It arrived in random pieces and parts during this time but I received it all!

I hope others will also be made whole very soon!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 2

Excellent!  We too have been very fortunate and have had all our refunds processed within 2 or 3 weeks.  We have had 5 cancelled cruises from march thru october.  Only had one issue with expiration date of a FCC for a NRD issued in may but they quickly resolved and reissued with correct exp date of 12.31

All good here!

I just checked my account and indeed I have the refund from our cancellation made a couple of weeks ago!! Although,  I’m still missing the deposit back. Hopefully that will be on there soon, too, so I don’t have to call. I was surprised . 

I cancelled on July 21 and this morning the refund was in my account.  Very pleased with how this was handled and how quickly we received a refund.  Looking forward to being able to book our next cruise when we think its safe.

We, too, had a very positive experience.  I requested refunds for our cancelled June 14th Harmony cruise on June 12th. Started receiving odd amounts 2weeks later.  Amounts continued to trickle in for our 4 cabins and we received the final amounts on July 21.   Amazingly, everything added up to total amount. 😂  From what I’ve read on CC and FB, I was not expecting it to be that quick!

Let's see how this goes.  I've not received anything from my Sept 2020 TA, which was paid in full, and Royal just came out cancelling all Oct 2020 sailings (excluding AUS and China) along with all November 2020 TA's.  🍷

19 hours ago, NHProud said:

Did the cruise line refund the money you paid for travel insurance if you had purchased it ? If not , did you appeal to the insurance company directly ?

thank you 

We were insured with Allianz and received a full refund

I cancelled my November 9th cruise on the Grandeur on July 30.  I checked my Visa statement today and my full deposit was credited on August 1.  I've never got a refund this fast.  I don't know if it makes a difference but I made my reservation through a warehouse club TA and I called them to cancel.

On 8/5/2020 at 9:04 AM, GTO-Girl said:

I cancelled our December cruise on July 16th.  

As of today, less than 3wks later, I have ALL of my money back!!  It arrived in random pieces and parts during this time but I received it all!

I hope others will also be made whole very soon!!!

Same here. I canceled 2 and FCC recieved in 2-3 weeks. Royal canceled 2, money back in weeks. All recieved last 2 weeks