Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

14 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Does this exclude Radiance from deploying out of Brisbane in 2022?   More than one ship can go out of Brisbane. 🍷

I don’t think Brisbane has the market for two ships let alone a Quantum class.
This is the first time Royal has home ported a ship in Brisbane.

Brisbane has just finished a new cruise terminal and I believe they are trying to drum up business.

They have probably offered a incentive to RC and poached a Quantum class from Sydney.

38 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Does this exclude Radiance from deploying out of Brisbane in 2022?   More than one ship can go out of Brisbane. 🍷

Hi Wine-O, 

Yes, this is likely to exclude Radiance.  The port bookings are still for a single ship in both 2021-22 and 2022-23.  
Also, as Chilli pointed out, Royal is just starting to establish Brisbane as a home port.  
If 2021-22 goes well they could add a second ship for 2022-23, but that is a long way off.  

Edited by geoff2802

14 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Hi Wine-O, 

Yes, this is likely to exclude Radiance.  The port bookings are still for a single ship in both 2021-22 and 2022-23.  
Also, as Chilli pointed out, Royal is just starting to establish Brisbane as a home port.  
If 2021-22 goes well they could add a second ship for 2022-23, but that is a long way off.  

Well, I'm scheduled to sail out of Brisbane 15 April 2022 on Radiance for the TP.  Taking Quantum out of Sydney 1-11 April 2022.  How's that going to work out?  🍷

20 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Well, I'm scheduled to sail out of Brisbane 15 April 2022 on Radiance for the TP.  Taking Quantum out of Sydney 1-11 April 2022.  How's that going to work out?  🍷

The last entry for the season in the Brisbane calender is April 11, 2022 so the TP will depart that day.  Unfortunately that could be a problem for you.  

55 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

My guess is you will be on quantum out of Brisbane 

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

Geoff / Chiliburn do you think Radiance will be relocated to Sydney instead of Quantum or if RCG will only leave the 2 Quantum class ships in Australian waters during 2022/23

I thought one 1 quantum class would stay in Singapore seasonally.

2 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Geoff / Chiliburn do you think Radiance will be relocated to Sydney instead of Quantum or if RCG will only leave the 2 Quantum class ships in Australian waters during 2022/23

Royal may not have decided yet.   And if they have a preference, it could easliy change.  
My guess is that Radiance would revert to Sydney, on the basis that they would probably want to deploy 3 ships to Alaska seasonally.  

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

I thought one 1 quantum class would stay in Singapore seasonally.

Royal has already reneged on that deal.  Only Voyager is deployed to Singapore for 2021/22 as it stands.  
Not sure about likely 2022/23 Singapore deployment, but it doesn’t look like Quantum will be there.  Wonder perhaps?  

52 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Royal has already reneged on that deal.  Only Voyager is deployed to Singapore for 2021/22 as it stands.  
Not sure about likely 2022/23 Singapore deployment, but it doesn’t look like Quantum will be there.  Wonder perhaps?  

I think wonder will be there also.

56 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Oh i didn't realise they reneged their deal. That kinda sucks, oh well looking forward to 2022-23 deployments then..

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t think anyone wants voyager,they only half painted the suite lounge.There was masking paper on the ceiling.

Don't tell me that...I have booked a 9 nighter on Voyager in Feb/Mar 2022!!

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle

11 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

My guess is you will be on quantum out of Brisbane 

We are on the quantum TP out of Sydney.  The. Website still shows it out of Sydney.  We are OK moving it to Brisbane, but would like to know and may consider another shorter cruise out of Brisbane if we knew what quantum was doing the week before the TP

6 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Don't tell me that...I have booked a 9 nighter on Voyager in Feb/Mar 2022!!

The amplification they just did was cut short and all they really did was put a heap more cabins in .

It was supposed to go back soon and have it finished but that’s not going to happen.

9 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

We are on the quantum TP out of Sydney.  The. Website still shows it out of Sydney.  We are OK moving it to Brisbane, but would like to know and may consider another shorter cruise out of Brisbane if we knew what quantum was doing the week before the TP

According to the Brisbane port bookings, the Quantum cruise prior to the April 2022 TP is a 3 night sampler.  There wouldn't be any port calls.  

Of course this could all change or not happen at all.  

1 minute ago, geoff2802 said:

According to the Brisbane port bookings, the Quantum cruise prior to the April 2022 TP is a 3 night sampler.  There wouldn't be any port calls.  

Of course this could all change or not happen at all.  

Probably not of interest as we already have 10 sea days. But the website still says Sydney. When will they update?  We have 3 couples 

Geoff/Chiliburn just a thought, Chiliburn you did say that Wonder of the Seas will be coming to Brisbane seasonally as mentioned in a Captains forum early this year. As Queensland is going to the polls shortly, and having the new Luggage Cruise Terminal open, Could Quantum be a placeholder for Wonder and Radiance goes to China seasonally?

24 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Probably not of interest as we already have 10 sea days. But the website still says Sydney. When will they update?  We have 3 couples 

I don't expect any announcement until after the Queensland state election on Oct 31st.  The current government has take a hard line on virus measures and would not want to be seen to be wavering, even though these changes to deployment are still some way off.  

I'm wondering if they will remain silent until they have made all attempts to secure approval to operate a partial season in early 2021.  

54 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Geoff/Chiliburn just a thought, Chiliburn you did say that Wonder of the Seas will be coming to Brisbane seasonally as mentioned in a Captains forum early this year. As Queensland is going to the polls shortly, and having the new Luggage Cruise Terminal open, Could Quantum be a placeholder for Wonder and Radiance goes to China seasonally?

I doubt it.  I think any deployment of Wonder to Australia is tied to the opening of Lelepa - and that is surely delayed beyond the 2022/23 season.  Tendering would be required in (almost?) every port - a real pain on Oasis class.  

If the Brisbane bookings are a placeholder for another ship, isn't a more likely scenario is that one of the other Q-class ships comes over after the 2022 northern summer?  Odyssey to NJ and Anthem to Brisbane perhaps.  

55 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Last season I was talking to a couple of the officers at a suite party on voyager.

Someone asked when will we get a Oasis class.The officers said that Brisbane is probably going to get wonder in a few years when Lelepa is open.
The officers said OPT Sydney can’t handle a Oasis.But then there’s a CC member who’s on the ANZ forum that works at the OPT .Said it can.Because it has be modified.

About 6 months later February 2020 on Ovation I asked at the captains corner if there’s any gossip on the progress of Lelepa.

The captain said he had never heard of it. 

The engineer,who was on stage stepped up and said he knew about it and everyone was all ears.

He said he just joined the ship and had been in Miami for the last couple of months.

He said the same that Wonder will be home ported in Brisbane when Lelepa is up and running.

But the world has changed since then.