Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

2 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

I doubt it.  I think any deployment of Wonder to Australia is tied to the opening of Lelepa - and that is surely delayed beyond the 2022/23 season.  Tendering would be required in (almost?) every port - a real pain on Oasis class.  

If the Brisbane bookings are a placeholder for another ship, isn't a more likely scenario is that one of the other Q-class ships comes over after the 2022 northern summer?  Odyssey to NJ and Anthem to Brisbane perhaps.  

Wonder is purpose built to tender.

8 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

I doubt it.  I think any deployment of Wonder to Australia is tied to the opening of Lelepa - and that is surely delayed beyond the 2022/23 season.  Tendering would be required in (almost?) every port - a real pain on Oasis class.  

If the Brisbane bookings are a placeholder for another ship, isn't a more likely scenario is that one of the other Q-class ships comes over after the 2022 northern summer?  Odyssey to NJ and Anthem to Brisbane perhaps.  

Pain? I don't recall it as ever been done.

37 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Yes, I've seen the deck plans.  

How long do you reckon it would take to offload 5,000+ people?  

Tender 5000,it would be a nightmare. I would be staying on the ship.

I had a thought,what do you think?

In the Mediterranean sometimes the Oasis class embark and disembark half the pax in Rome and again in Barcelona. I believe.

How would that work?

3000 in Sydney overnight and a day  to Brisbane another 3000   ,Noumea,Lelepa, Tauranga  back to Sydney.

Edited by Chiliburn

16 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

In the Mediterranean sometimes the Oasis class embark and disembark half the pax in Rome and again in Barcelona. I believe.

How would that work?

3000 in Sydney overnight and a day  to Brisbane another 3000   ,Noumea,Lelepa, Tauranga  back to Sydney.

Yeah, I'd be staying on board too.  More workable for an overnight stay when there's less rush.  

The idea of inter-porting Sydney and Brisbane makes sense.  I had thought they may do this, and call at Lelepa and Noumea (if the latter can take Oasis).  

A while ago I suggested that Sydney could physically dock an Oasis, based on dimensions.  Some folks disagreed.  I've never seen anything definitive.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Yeah, I'd be staying on board too.  More workable for an overnight stay when there's less rush.  

The idea of inter-porting Sydney and Brisbane makes sense.  I had thought they may do this, and call at Lelepa and Noumea (if the latter can take Oasis).  

A while ago I suggested that Sydney could physically dock an Oasis, based on dimensions.  Some folks disagreed.  I've never seen anything definitive.  

Noumea and Tauranga would easily take a Oasis class .

Lelepa was supposed to have a dock but who knows now.

47 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

There are deck plans that show tendering area on Deck 2

Given that the current O class ships don't tender and that the ship is 16 months from going into service, I wouldn't go by what a deck digram says on what RCI may do with a ship.

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

There are deck plans that show tendering area on Deck 2

Screenshot_20201006-080008_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e89380d8007987e8c9b074a6d1a28948.jpg

Screenshot_20201006-075948_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5a92fa693f6a979835604b5cf4ae181d.jpg

Screenshot_20201006-075924_Chrome.thumb.jpg.85a3826e1513a9ccda73f6d555c7bc59.jpg

I wouldn’t go by those deck plans.  They are still showing 2 flowriders, the WJ still on 16 and the suite deck on 17 exactly as they are on the other OA class ships which we know is wrong. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Given that the current O class ships don't tender and that the ship is 16 months from going into service, I wouldn't go by what a deck digram says on what RCI may do with a ship.

Well, you know how crowded is normal in China😉

FWIW, you asked based on what, and I answered😎

Edited by CSHS1979

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I wouldn’t go by those deck plans.  They are still showing 2 flowriders, the WJ still on 16 and the suite deck on 17 exactly as they are on the other OA class ships which we know is wrong. 

True, but those are copy and paste issues from previous plans. This is totally new information 💁‍♀️ 

Someone had to go out of their way to create it.😉

Edited by CSHS1979

On 10/5/2020 at 7:36 PM, CSHS1979 said:

They sail at 6,000+ in Florida

Though it's higher number now I remember even when Voyager Class(4000pass) came out they carried 3-4 own Tender's using all of them a same time and usually every week. Wasn't that long ago on a EC/WC normal to Tender into 1/3 to 1/2 the Caribbean stops. Really didnt take long with these smaller ones compared to larger/wider and double deck Island Tender's now provide. Used Tender Tickets and within hr were not needed anymore... Just saying possible.

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 10/6/2020 at 3:57 AM, Chiliburn said:

How would that work?

On oasis class the majority of the passengers embark in Barcelona.

Its never an half and half split.

The seven night cruise programme actually starts in Barcelona.

19 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Its very nice. I love Barcelona. I would arrive a few days earlier just to enjoy the sea breeze and have some good sea food on the shore. I wonder if its open at the moment.. I mean the restaurant =D 

1 minute ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We love Barcelona also a fantastic city.

Lisboa is a jewel of the west coast of the penynsula, while  Barcelona is the Jewel  of the east coast. These two cities share so many similarities yet they are so different. If you havent yet been to Porto or Lisboa - you should definitely visit them as well. Trust me, its unforgettable experience

11 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Yes, Barcelona is the major embarkation port.

Only a minority of passengers choose to embark from Rome.

You can also see that only a few cabins can be booked if you choose the Rome roundtrip.

And this is same for Norwegian Epic every year, in which NCL also allows embarkation from either Barcelona or Rome, but Barcelona is count as Day 1 of the cruise.

1 hour ago, MindyJohn said:

Has anyone seen any official announcement from Royal about plans in Asia?   I'm specifically interested in whether RCCL will offer any Japan cruising or TP's in 2022.   Thank you.

Thanks for getting us back on the topic of 22-23. I'm looking forward to the schedule going past April 22 to anywhere.

• Like 2

Surely Quantum out of Brisbane is just a place holder. Ovation even shows up on that schedule in Jun 2022 when it should be in Alaska, so I wonder how accurate that schedule is?

Edited by mattymay