Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Do you really believe they take Adventure in 2021 for the Baltic and go smaller again with Jewel in 2022 after just one year?

I'm suppose to be on Jewel today till aug 23rd.  B2b to baltic and norway.  I would love for jewel to be doing this same itinerary in july or aug 2022.  I love the jewel and serenade!  

I dont like that adventure leaves out of stockholm in 2021.  I would prefer copenhagen.

6 hours ago, atgood said:

Does anyone know which is more profitable for RCI’s Oasis class: sailing the summer months from Spain/Italy or from Florida?

The location of the ships during non dry dock years may give an indication.

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm suppose to be on Jewel today till aug 23rd.  B2b to baltic and norway.  I would love for jewel to be doing this same itinerary in july or aug 2022.  I love the jewel and serenade!  

I dont like that adventure leaves out of stockholm in 2021.  I would prefer copenhagen.

I prefer Copenhagen as a City. 

It was Serenade I was on and the size of ship was perfect. Not sure the ports could cope with bigger.

I think Amsterdam is the new in favour port. Wouldn't be surprised if the same happens in 2022

Edited by bigeck

16 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I’m surprised to see Vision and Rhapsody on port schedules, as I thought RCI would be getting rid of its smaller ships. 

Not sure it means much on some of these port bookings as Grandeur still shows up too.

32 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure it means much on some of these port bookings as Grandeur still shows up too.

The Pullmantur bookings are using the ship code that moves with the ship. Those are not RCI bookings that are showing for the most part. Pullmantur bookings for the other ships that have been scrapped are still showing as well. 

Back when I found that Quantum was going to be deployed to Alaska for the 2021 season,  RCI had already booked the 2022 season as well and they had Quantum and Ovation at Seattle and then both Serenade and Radiance with Vancouver and Vancouver/Seaward.  Victoria has sense taken away access to distant future bookings. 

Serenade does appear to do a Panama Canal sailing following Alaska in October of 2022 with Grand Cayman booked for October 15th. She appears not to be returning to Australia. 

MSC had booked a new build ship for Alaska 2022 to compete with RCI and NCL, both having 2 newer ships in Alaska for the season. MSC thinks the European feeder market will have greater interest in Alaska sailings in the future. 

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Typically that would be November 2020.

Thanks that kinda messes up a L/S from May 2021..I was hoping to do May 2022 instead but bookings are only open through April 2022 right now. What to do ?  We have a FCC & KSF applied to this (May 2021) booking from an RCI canceled May 2020 cruise.

On 8/9/2020 at 1:18 PM, NancyIL said:

I’m surprised to see Vision and Rhapsody on port schedules, as I thought RCI would be getting rid of its smaller ships. 

It's still to early, a lot can change. If they get rid of Majesty, Empress and Grandeur, we might still see them keep those two VisionClass ships for some years or not.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 4:03 PM, MADflyer said:

The Harmony of the Seas Palma bookings are currently only for April and May of 2022. I would think that ICON would have been planned for the summer season as she is released in May of 2022. This could easily be delayed or cancelled. 

Just a thought but could harmony be a place holder for allure OTS as she could do a few mouths in the med before her amp as royal should have enough funds by then and a amp would add a ton of money to the ship and after the new terminal in Galveston when it is finally done in a few years so they can send it there. Just a theory if it not a ICON class ship.

On 8/9/2020 at 12:19 PM, MADflyer said:

Back when I found that Quantum was going to be deployed to Alaska for the 2021 season,  RCI had already booked the 2022 season as well and they had Quantum and Ovation at Seattle and then both Serenade and Radiance with Vancouver and Vancouver/Seaward.  Victoria has sense taken away access to distant future bookings. 

Serenade does appear to do a Panama Canal sailing following Alaska in October of 2022 with Grand Cayman booked for October 15th. She appears not to be returning to Australia. 

MSC had booked a new build ship for Alaska 2022 to compete with RCI and NCL, both having 2 newer ships in Alaska for the season. MSC thinks the European feeder market will have greater interest in Alaska sailings in the future. 

So Quantum and Ovation are booked for Alaska in 2022. I got a great price on Quantum  and was concerned if they wouldn’t sail if we could lift and shift to 2022 if the program is still active. 

29 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

So Quantum and Ovation are booked for Alaska in 2022. I got a great price on Quantum  and was concerned if they wouldn’t sail if we could lift and shift to 2022 if the program is still active. 

That was the plan at that time. Port bookings are not open to view any longer so only based on previously scheduled port calls at Victoria BC. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FlowBroTy said:

Just a thought but could harmony be a place holder for allure OTS as she could do a few mouths in the med before her amp as royal should have enough funds by then and a amp would add a ton of money to the ship and after the new terminal in Galveston when it is finally done in a few years so they can send it there. Just a theory if it not a ICON class ship.

ICON will be delayed by a minimum of 10 months. That was announced on financial call earlier today.   They now will not even begin the project until 2022 if not longer. 

I do not see Allure getting a full amp soon.  Liberty is booked currently up until the first week of November 2022 at Galveston and Grand Cayman. 

While that could be a Barcelona to Galveston TA , there is currently no evidence of that crossing.

It is true that Allure is not booked all summer at St. Maarten in 2022 as she is now for 2021. She calls there through the end of April 2022 only, with Symphony and Harmony currently booked at St. Maarten summer of 2022. 

Edited by MADflyer
  • Like 2

While there are no actual itineraries available, I found some destination highlights on the charter/meeting site that give an idea what Royal is or was thinking at some point in time.  The other destinations we already know well but these two stand out from the rest:

Pacific Northwest - San Francisco, Victoria, Astoria, Vancouver

615990735_RCIPacificNorthwest.thumb.jpg.5084c67f0e0155c611e695b9057aab61.jpg

South America - Rio, Buenos Aries, Punta del Este, Ilhabela

1954271544_RCISouthAmerica.thumb.jpg.c89c489c2a89311c501720b636f3d240.jpg

They may never materialize in the future but it's interesting to see what is or was more than just a passing thought.

If nothing else maybe some ports to keep an eye on.  Plus it's an interesting choice of graphic for South America.

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2020 at 7:36 AM, Biker19 said:

The location of the ships during non dry dock years may give an indication.

Not really in this case, as RCL will now have permanently a full european season with a Oasis Class ship given the dry dock schedules. The maths seem quite simple, if you compare prices for the Oasis Class departing in summer from Barcelona compared to FL which are higher, it's likely the yield is better. Possibly port costs are higher, but to compensate the fuel burned on the European 7 day cruises is less given the shorter total distance to cover to complete one cruise.

8 hours ago, LXA350 said:

The maths seem quite simple, if you compare prices for the Oasis Class departing in summer from Barcelona compared to FL which are higher, it's likely the yield is better.

The majority of the profit for RCG is on board spending, not cruise fare. The port heavy itineraries O class do in the Med is not conducive to on board spending (the demographics may have something to do with it as well).

Very unlikely RCI would not have sent a single O class to Europe during non-dry dock years if they could make more money there.

• Like 1