Current prices for cocktails on board QV.

groryjm

Having now had two cruises with Celebrity in suites cancelled due to Corona we have booked a Q2 on Queen Victoria in November. Appropriately enough in a room called the Caronia Suite. We are used to Celebrity’s upper suites offering but are trying to get up to speed with the Cunard way. 

With Celebrity the upper suites come with premium drinks, unlimited WiFi, laundry and all speciality restaurants included, even if booked in the UK. I understand the Cunard offering does not include these and unlike Celebrity’s suite lounge the Grills lounge charges for drinks.

I can find the prices of WiFi and costs of specialities, though I suspect the Queens Grill will mean we won’t use the latter. The drinks package works out at a bit over £100 for two per day which seems reasonable but I cannot find any guides to prices more recent than 2018. I know there is a limit of $12 per drink if one has the package above which one would have to pay the full price (less 5%) and a total number of 18 alcoholic drinks per day.

My question is has anybody here got any recent bar menus or give me an idea of prices for cocktails or wines by the glass? Are coffees like an Americano or cappuccino included with the fair or are they regarded as speciality and how much do they cost.

I am trying to work out wether to buy the package and as my wife drinks wine and I don't without an idea of on board prices I am strugling to work it out. I would prefer to have no bill at the end of the cruise and have everything paid in advance. 

No one has answered so I can help on the coffee. Cappuccinos and lattes etc are free on demand on QV when the bar is staffed and also when dining. 

Can't help on the drinks front as I don't look at the bar menu and rarely sign the chitty.

Must add, the bar is in  the Grills lounge.

Edited by Victoria2

I would try and find out prices once Cunard start cruising again because I think you might find a considerable increase in costs of drinks and possible drinks packages compared to what they were when they last sailed.

As you know, you will have two "free" bottles of spirits, plus one bottle of champagne and a bottle of drain cleaner, plus as many beers and mixers as you can drink, but only in your suite.

We've never had the daily drinks package as there's too many restrictions, including a minimum of 15 minutes between drinks, and only small measures. A large wine might be under the $ limit, but you can only have a small one.

We have taken the Commodore and Captain wine package a few times, but still manage to rack up bar bills well over $1500 for two weeks.

Not sure why prices are so important if you're paying for a Q2. It's a bit like the old cliche, if you need to know the price of a Rolls Royce, you can't afford it.

Remember, money is just numbers written on pieces of paper.

Stewart

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 11:49 PM, groryjm said:

Having now had two cruises with Celebrity in suites cancelled due to Corona we have booked a Q2 on Queen Victoria in November. Appropriately enough in a room called the Caronia Suite. We are used to Celebrity’s upper suites offering but are trying to get up to speed with the Cunard way. 

With Celebrity the upper suites come with premium drinks, unlimited WiFi, laundry and all speciality restaurants included, even if booked in the UK. I understand the Cunard offering does not include these and unlike Celebrity’s suite lounge the Grills lounge charges for drinks.

I can find the prices of WiFi and costs of specialities, though I suspect the Queens Grill will mean we won’t use the latter. The drinks package works out at a bit over £100 for two per day which seems reasonable but I cannot find any guides to prices more recent than 2018. I know there is a limit of $12 per drink if one has the package above which one would have to pay the full price (less 5%) and a total number of 18 alcoholic drinks per day.

My question is has anybody here got any recent bar menus or give me an idea of prices for cocktails or wines by the glass? Are coffees like an Americano or cappuccino included with the fair or are they regarded as speciality and how much do they cost.

I am trying to work out wether to buy the package and as my wife drinks wine and I don't without an idea of on board prices I am strugling to work it out. I would prefer to have no bill at the end of the cruise and have everything paid in advance. 

Feel to obtain the most uptodate version it is best to request a complete menu (or copies) from your Cunard PCS.  Are they going to decline?  Think not.

Then, if you wish, post on CC to assist others.

The last "current" prices were months ago when Cunard last sailed.  I can almost guarantee they will not remain the same when Cunard resumes.  They are hungry for $$ and I bet we will see most onboard charges increase.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, eroller said:

The last "current" prices were months ago when Cunard last sailed.  I can almost guarantee they will not remain the same when Cunard resumes.  They are hungry for $$ and I bet we will see most onboard charges increase.  

Agree to the possibility of price increases, but not particularly concerned.  Will just be happy to return to Cunard and take a post late Theatre Cocktail, or two, in the Commodore Club, with the piano playing in the background, before retiring.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...