Horizon 5/15/21 cruise gone, May through Sept blocked

iamsteph

My May 15, 2021 Horizon cruise is gone from my manager - even when I try to add it back manually, it won't let me.  May 1, 2021 is still on Carnival's website, but the rest of May is gone, and June, July, Aug, and Sept are blocked on the website.  October onwards is available.

Is there a "dancing of the ships" I haven't heard about? 

Edited by iamsteph

55 minutes ago, iamsteph said:

Is there a "dancing of the ships" I haven't heard about? 

Well, this is possibly the case, and by definition, you won't hear about any dancing of the ships until they make a formal announcement that they are already executing.

Could also just be a website glitch.

JH mentioned something about some dancing news coming but he said for 2022-2023.

This was a couple days ago:

“We are continuing with some dancing of the ships for 2022 and 2023. There is lots more dancing to be done and I will share those dance moves as soon as I can.”

I spoke with someone at Carnival who said that the Horizon itineraries are dancing May through Sept, but indicated that the May 15 itinerary would stay the same.   The person said to call back in a week or two. 

I guess we'll know more when an official announcement is made. 

My Sept cruise is also gone from Manager...... this was paid in full ....as it was cancelled for this year and moved to next Sept.  I called Diamond Desk.  All she said was that she can still see it in her system....and confirmed it’s paid

Our July 24 Horizon cruise is gone as well and we cant add it back in. Our 3 other booked cruises are still showing up so something is definitely going on with Horizon. I emailed our PVP and will report back here when he responds.

Well we were booked on the Sunrise for Sept 2021 and are supposedly being moved to the Horizon.  Our sunrise cruise just finally disappeared and are waiting to see where they try to put us on the Horizon.  We are b2b in an ocean suite on the Sunrise.  I am guessing they have it blocked while they sort it all out.

On 8/14/2020 at 10:19 AM, 19cruiser59 said:

my June 26th 2021 Horizon cruise is also gone from my booking manager as well. so something is definitely going on.

My September 18th 2021 cruise is gone as well. I tried to log into it yesterday morning but it was gone; same as today. Wondering if we are getting booted. 

Just called Carnival because  my July 3, 2021 booking on the Sunrise was no longer showing in my planner. This took me by  surprise as it is NOT one of the cruises listed on the canceled list as of August 5th.  The Carnival rep explained that my booking was not canceled, but was being moved up a week to June 26th on the Horizon.  All changes should be finalized by August 24th.

The strange thing is, I'm also booked on the Sunrise sailing December 26, 2021 and it is one of the canceled cruises.  This is still showing on my planner.   The Carnival rep could not offer me any information regarding this cruise.

I have a feeling that everything is a mess.

Edited by CruzinKristin
Additional Information.

I am also booked on May 15th cruise on Horizon.  I went into to full panic when I could not pull up my paid in full cruise.  I called Carnival and they told me they were getting rid of the Sunrise and rebooking those people on the Horizon.  I have a Havana room and they said the Horizon people will keep their same room.  She told me to check at the end of August for the cruise to be back on my planner.  

5 minutes ago, 19cruiser59 said:

If all that is happening is rebooking the sunshine passengers onto horizon cruises then i guess Carnival are not really worrying about capacity controlling are they?

Sunrise, not Sunshine.

But that may be exactly the reason to take it all offline - too many pax, too little cabins, maybe not even taking capacity control into play.  If Sunrise was well over half-booked (2984 nominal capacity, so say 2/3 full or 2000 pax), and Horizon was over half booked (3980, so say 2500 pax), there isn't room on Horizon for all those people.

btw, did I miss some sort of announcement about Sunrise going away?  Seems like it is mentioned so casually, even by JH.

14 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Sunrise, not Sunshine.

But that may be exactly the reason to take it all offline - too many pax, too little cabins, maybe not even taking capacity control into play.  If Sunrise was well over half-booked (2984 nominal capacity, so say 2/3 full or 2000 pax), and Horizon was over half booked (3980, so say 2500 pax), there isn't room on Horizon for all those people.

btw, did I miss some sort of announcement about Sunrise going away?  Seems like it is mentioned so casually, even by JH.

Sunrise, yes, Sorry  🙂    I think it may be a repositioning of the Sunrise away from Miami in Summer 2021.