Best hotels in Miami

TerReuv

1 hour ago, BlueHerons said:

I actually live on Las Olas Boulevard so I'm very aware of what is going on.

My girlfriend owns Elbo Room. It's been there since 1938 so its been happening longer than 20 years.

Yes it has been happening longer than 20 years I've been going there with my sister who lived in Westin for the last 35 years, I was just trying to be nice because South Beach is such a fraud. 

I'm the guy who's why there's no door's on the bathroom stalls in the men's room. Tell your girlfriend could never tell her how much fun I've had in her bar and in the men's room with everybody else. My buddy from Venezuela delivers right to the Elbo Room right!! like everyone else does.😉

You don't have to go in the door less stalls in the bathroom anymore we just go upstairs to the bar, no worries ever that's why I keep going back. Thanks Todd

2 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

I actually live on Las Olas Boulevard so I'm very aware of what is going on.

My girlfriend owns Elbo Room. It's been there since 1938 so its been happening longer than 20 years.

Btw is Wharf Ft. Lauderdale back open?? H20 is no longer H20 anymore. Used to have breakfast there or Shula's under the Westin Hotel every Thanksgiving. Loved the Living Room at the W, Whiskey Blue there was never anyone there when I was there. The W has been sold since I stayed there last. I'm going to try and stay at the W again next year or go back to the Courtyard Marriott across from the marina just depends on what kind if deal I can get at the W. That Courtyard Marriott is about a 2 minute walk from your friends bar, best location on the beach.

4 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Btw is Wharf Ft. Lauderdale back open?? H20 is no longer H20 anymore. Used to have breakfast there or Shula's under the Westin Hotel every Thanksgiving. Loved the Living Room at the W, Whiskey Blue there was never anyone there when I was there. The W has been sold since I stayed there last. I'm going to try and stay at the W again next year or go back to the Courtyard Marriott across from the marina just depends on what kind if deal I can get at the W. That Courtyard Marriott is about a 2 minute walk from your friends bar, best location on the beach.

The Wharf opens this weekend.

Love The W and Steak 954.

I had dinner at Steak 954 one time I couldn't afford to eat there every night I stayed at the W, it's my favorite stay on A1A. Best vibe of any hotel I've stayed in anywhere. Place is awesome. I never went to their beach across the street just stayed at the pool, which of course sits right over top of the Living Room. 

I'm going to try to get the W next Thanksgiving on Hotwire again. Take care Todd

1 hour ago, George C said:

We love the Doubletree in Miami biscayne bay. Loads of restaurants without going outside including a couple that have live music and other stores.

My go to choice in downtown.

Whenever this is all over I cannot wait to return to Miami, to enjoy a fun night out, wake up to a view of the port, and to go on a cruise! 😎

On 11/25/2020 at 12:02 PM, BlueHerons said:

And The Wharf closed right back down.

I saw that they shut it right back down again, they knew there was going to be zillions of people showing up without masks and all that other nonsense, it should never have been shut down again. I've never been there heard nothing but wonderful comments about it. Looking forward to it exactly this time next year. I'll be there the week of Thanksgiving 21 if they'll let me. Thanks Todd

2 hours ago, TTEllis said:

The W is on Hotwire for $124 a night. That's an awesome deal. The Atlantic and the B Ocean Resort are $59 a night. Unbelievable hotel deals in FLL right now. Going to stay that way for the time being.😎

For what time frame? Without that info, hard to say how it would benefit someone. Great prices, yes...

7 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

For what time frame? Without that info, hard to say how it would benefit someone. Great prices, yes...

Best prices I've seen in YEARS if not ever for Ft. Lauderdale. "For what time frame?" For the time being, I'm sure you accidentally missed that in my previous post. Your exactly right it won't benefit anyone if they don't get up off their couches and do something, and they're not.

The longer the stay the lower the price just like always. I'd wait to book that's what I'm doing for next year, if we don't get to cruise next year. I haven't done a 7 day cruise in 19 years, as of now that's all we get to do next year.

I'm not I'm going to Lauderdale and spend a month on the beach (Las Olas). Via Hotwire. 

Right!! Just like always 😉😎

Btw prices on the 4 and 4 1/2 star hotels(Ft. Lauderdale BEACH AREA) will drop a bit more after the first of the year when the country is totally locked up, BOOK THEN!!! I am😉😎......😁

Oh yeah almost forgot make sure you click BEACH AREA and NOT PORT AREA 17th Street. Stay on the beach.🥂🍸🍹

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 10:44 PM, TTEllis said:

Best prices I've seen in YEARS if not ever for Ft. Lauderdale. "For what time frame?" For the time being, I'm sure you accidentally missed that in my previous post. Your exactly right it won't benefit anyone if they don't get up off their couches and do something, and they're not.

The longer the stay the lower the price just like always. I'd wait to book that's what I'm doing for next year, if we don't get to cruise next year. I haven't done a 7 day cruise in 19 years, as of now that's all we get to do next year.

I'm not I'm going to Lauderdale and spend a month on the beach (Las Olas). Via Hotwire. 

Right!! Just like always 😉😎

Btw prices on the 4 and 4 1/2 star hotels(Ft. Lauderdale BEACH AREA) will drop a bit more after the first of the year when the country is totally locked up, BOOK THEN!!! I am😉😎......😁

Oh yeah almost forgot make sure you click BEACH AREA and NOT PORT AREA 17th Street. Stay on the beach.🥂🍸🍹

Evidently by how busy Las Olas is right now, there are a lot of people taking advantage of those cheap hotel prices.

The Wharf in Miami is open.  

I didn't really care for the Wharf.  It is completely a twenty something crowd and it is too hot.

Check out The Rooftop while you are here.  It's a gorgeous rooftop bar.

2 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Evidently by how busy Las Olas is right now, there are a lot of people taking advantage of those cheap hotel prices.

The Wharf in Miami is open.  

I didn't really care for the Wharf.  It is completely a twenty something crowd and it is too hot.

Check out The Rooftop while you are here.  It's a gorgeous rooftop bar.

I bet Las Olas is very busy right now it's a great time to be in Lauderdale. 

My first Thanksgiving in about 4 years that I've not been down there and really miss it. 

I noticed it was a much younger crowd at the Wharf. I just thought they would have some different and great food options there.

Saw pictures of The Rooftop bar, that place is AWESOME. That's a beautiful set up.

Thank you Todd

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Where is it located?

Right where  Las Olas dead ends at Andrews.  It's a great location.

3 hours ago, TTEllis said:

I bet Las Olas is very busy right now it's a great time to be in Lauderdale. 

My first Thanksgiving in about 4 years that I've not been down there and really miss it. 

I noticed it was a much younger crowd at the Wharf. I just thought they would have some different and great food options there.

Saw pictures of The Rooftop bar, that place is AWESOME. That's a beautiful set up.

Thank you Todd

Check out Blue Moon Fish for Sunday Brunch and Yolo for happy hour.  $5 wine and cocktails 4PM-7PM I believe.  Really inexpensive.

3 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

Check out Blue Moon Fish 

I tried to patronize this restaurant and did so without a reservation.  When I pulled into the where the valets' were and started to get out of the car, the gentleman said:  "do you have a reservation?"  "No" was my response.  "You will have a very long wait to be seated."  I got back into my car.  

6 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

It must be on top of a building there.  But, which one?  Is parking available?  If so, self or valet?  

Check out Blue Moon Fish for Sunday Brunch and Yolo for happy hour.  $5 wine and cocktails 4PM-7PM I believe.  Really inexpensive.

I'll make sure of it, I'm extremely open minded when it comes to good food and Happy Hour.

That is inexpensive, drinking in Ft. Lauderdale can wipe you out if you let it. That's where Total Wine comes in. From Ft. Lauderdale to St. Thomas I paid $5.50 a pop plus tip for a Stella back in Dec. of 18, yes it was my vacation but still killed me. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 8:39 PM, rkacruiser said:

I tried to patronize this restaurant and did so without a reservation.  When I pulled into the where the valets' were and started to get out of the car, the gentleman said:  "do you have a reservation?"  "No" was my response.  "You will have a very long wait to be seated."  I got back into my car.  

It must be on top of a building there.  But, which one?  Is parking available?  If so, self or valet?  

Las Olas literally dead ends to the building.  Look up and it is on top of the building.  I think the building is One Las Olas.

Give Blue Moon Fish another try.  Try Blue Moon Fish for Sunday brunch.  It's insane.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 2:26 PM, rs45thompson said:

I just booked the YVE in Miami for $100.  Noticed it was not mentioned here... hope I didn't make a mistake. 😬

I have it booked for October 2021. I too am hoping someone that has stayed there would give us any info on the hotel.

17 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Las Olas literally dead ends to the building.  Look up and it is on top of the building.  I think the building is One Las Olas.

Give Blue Moon Fish another try.  Try Blue Moon Fish for Sunday brunch.  It's insane.

There's a rather new restaurant where the old Shula's on the Beach was under the Westin it's called Tinta. I stayed in this hotel Thanksgiving 2012 had an incredible breakfast a couple of them overlooking A1A and the beach. Unbelievable views and location.

On TripAdvisor out of 800+ restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale, this restaurant Tinta is #1, how AWESOME is that!!!

The Westin didn't do awhole lot for me, after staying in the W the 2 previous years. 

I checked out the menu online, they have a Bottomless Sunday Brunch for $42. That's me. Killer menu Mexican/American, looks awesome. Best location on the beach, best breakfast on the beach, can't imagine how nice it is now.