Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

All of the ships that I have been on have single beds that can be pushed together. I’ve never noticed anything in the middle where the beds are pushed together. They felt fine. 

Tom😀

I think they lay over some kind of mat or flat cushion over the two single mattresses when they're pushed together to make a queen. Eliminates the crack in the middle problem. "Just say no to crack".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Photo taken today, what's up with the big white handle? Is it for the Pod, is it related to the platform seen on an aft render, is it both? :classic_ninja:

214324159_4077499782344643_4292807027384875036_n.png

Support for a slide if they decided to put one on the port side?  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Support for a slide if they decided to put one on the port side?  

The dry slide will be star board and has a different platform vs this white handle:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2758421-everything-project-leonardoprima-class/?do=findComment&comment=61317971

Also on a blueprint spotted in one of the videos both sides appear different on deck 8, far right on the picture, where the star board side shaded area says "DRY SL.. LANDING.."

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2758421-everything-project-leonardoprima-class/page/39/?tab=comments#comment-61105441

So we might not be correct about the spotted Pod waiting area being so far back, next to the aft saucer bumping out. Or.. the Pod is a more diagonal thing towards the white handle. Which would be a bit too much.. 

Or it may be two slides in the end LOL. I guess we have to wait what the other side will show us next weeks from social media grabs, until then.. place your bets! 

Disclaimer: yes, these are renders but I am fairly sure these renders are the stripped version of the full ship renders we will see in a few months. They are not putting in random extra stuff for FreestyleNovice's eyes.. :classic_blush:

• Like 2

that is a special surprise for people who booked a balcony there.

i don´t think they put something before a haven balcony, so i think if there is something going up and down from the decks so only at this place.

4 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Stupid question, but is it possibly just the mechanics for the window washer thingy?

This is what I was wondering and it's not stupid ... seriously, it does look like the mechanical arm which they use when washing the outer decks and even the balconies?  I've seen something similar when staying in a forward cabin.... 

• Like 1

Hm.. I understand your thoughts but.. :classic_smile:

- it’s too large.. :classic_ohmy:

- there are just balconies and a hump to wash, equipment as said is for the full size glass on pool decks and venues.

- if those deck had washing equipment it would only need a bumper/guidance rail (I’ll look up a pic later if needed) to cross the hump “depth”.

- there’s a platform visible on the top deck above the big white handle.

This must be something else.. :classic_blush:

15 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

I wonder if they're getting close to making another announcement, if the ship is getting close to building out a slide (If it is indeed a support for a slide.)

We are just a few hundred/thousand watching this build, the general public won’t even bother until booking. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

So yes, the platforms on the upper deck look different, but what if there are two different types of slides?  Maybe one conventional and one drop-in.

Whatever the Pod is or was, maybe they decided with the current financial situation they would wait on that until one of the future ships.

• Like 1

Hello everyone

I've been following your interesting post over the last few months on the evolution of the Leonardo project and the Prima

My question is not related to the Prima but it could be linked.

We know that NCL Holdings owns  3 brands.  NCL, Oceania and Regent

The NCLH website advertise that they have 9 ships on order, to be delivered between 2022 and 2027.

NCL will have 6.  Oceania and Regent will receive the 3 others.  A bit like the Prima,  Oceania has released a big promo to announce the introduction of the Vista, scheduled for 2023..

A smaller ship for 1250 passengers.  But it is also being built by Fincantieri Trieste.  I am assuming that the other 2 ships (# 8 and 9) will also be built by Fincantieri.  Del Rio seems to concentrate all his orders with 1 ship yard venture.

Ficantieri said that they have developed this new concept of re-using the same base for all the ships and that concept could be adapted for different size of ships.  So it would fit the needs for Regent and Oceania.

Over the last few months, you were showing pictures of what looked like blocs of the second Prima Class ship.  But could it be also the base for the Oceania's Vista?   It looks like that Ficantieri will deliver 2 ships to NCHL in 2023.  9 ships in 6 years, so for at least 3 of those years, they will have to deliver 2 ships..

So we may see some of them side by side.  Or may be, the Oceania and Regent ships will be built at a different Ficantieri shipyard?   It will be interesting to follow that.

Any comments?

Edited by BenCoudon
  • Like 1

I just saw that  Regent is also announcing a new ship for the 4th quarter of  2023, "the Seven seas Grandeur"  It was announced June 23.  But no mention in the press release who is building this 750 passenger ship.   But it is confirmed that NCL will have 6 new ships,  Regent and Oceania 1 each.

No mention as which one (Oceania or Regent) will get # 9 and when

10 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

I just saw that  Regent is also announcing a new ship for the 4th quarter of  2023, "the Seven seas Grandeur"  It was announced June 23.  But no mention in the press release who is building this 750 passenger ship.

It's Fincantieri. 

The name was revealed in June but the ship was announced years ago. 

4 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

Or may be, the Oceania and Regent ships will be built at a different Ficantieri shipyard?   It will be interesting to follow that.

Any comments?

Regent´s Seven Seas Splendor was built in Ancona by Fincantieri. Fincantieri has several shipyards all over Italy.

Monfalcone and Marghera is more for the larger ships.

steamboats

Can someone identify this venue? :classic_wink:

It looks like it is situated above a passenger deck with the wooden style awning (seen before between the La Terraza deck 8 and cabins on deck 9). But.. deck 9 is completely published, full of cabins. With the straight line it's also not on/near the aft saucer so it must be on the main pool deck (also note the glass railing on the deck above the District Brew House). 

Source: re-watched the BEHIND THE FIRSTS video on NCL. :classic_biggrin:

districtbrew.png

14 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Can someone identify this venue? :classic_wink:

It looks like it is situated above a passenger deck with the wooden style awning (seen before between the La Terraza deck 8 and cabins on deck 9). But.. deck 9 is completely published, full of cabins. With the straight line it's also not on/near the aft saucer so it must be on the main pool deck (also note the glass railing on the deck above the District Brew House). 

Source: re-watched the BEHIND THE FIRSTS video on NCL. :classic_biggrin:

districtbrew.png

Could it be the Haven outdoor restaurant?

10 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Could it be the Haven outdoor restaurant?

The beer tap (given the style, length and number of taps commonly seen on those it must be the District Brew House. For the Haven the looks of the render look too basic to me? Plus the awning?