Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

Had no clue there was a new ship until the announcing email a few days before.  For those that keep track for the rest of us, when should we start watching for the next one.. oh and where? I thought I was on NCLs emails. 

28 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

Had no clue there was a new ship until the announcing email a few days before.  For those that keep track for the rest of us, when should we start watching for the next one.. oh and where? I thought I was on NCLs emails. 

Follow this topic and I'm sure you'll keep up on all news, rumors and speculation!  😉

I'm not sure what official announcements there were as I was not following NCL too closely for a while.  I do get regular emails but I don't recall seeing anything about Prima until the 'big' announcement around May 12.

46 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

Construction on Leonardo 2 already started, at Vard shipyard in Tulcea, Romania. There they will construct a floating megablock consisting of the engine room and some decks on top. Called a megablock or floating engine room unit (FERU). Good video of Leonardo 1 (Prima) passing the Istanbul Strait under tow to Italy can be seen on YouTube.

The megablock might now be waiting at the yard for Prima to move out of the dry dock in Venice. Leonardo 1 will be finished quay side, taking the place of the soon to be delivered HAL ship. Leonardo 2 will move in and will be completed up to float out, repeat all steps until Leonardo 6 in 2027. :classic_cool:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Can you link a rendering of what you are describing?

Delete-

I see Karaboudjan  already added the link to floor plan.  Thanks!

The floor plan shows closet at entrance instead of next to bed or sofa.

Edited by Sand and Seas

2 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Don't forget that alternating cabins are to save space, albeit a small bit it does add up for the cruise line, so don't be surprised if Prima has that as well.

True. 

It is too early to have a definite answer as to bed location (near balcony/near closet).

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 5:20 PM, Steff79 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRcF6vcn0_Z/?utm_medium=copy_link

( hope the link works, I have only my smartphone because of traveling around )

is this official ncl Chile account? With the hashtags maybe a fan site?  I think the pic is new., if it is at the prima and not from a other ship ? Or do someone now if there is a restaurant like this at a other ship? Oceana?

Did anyone determine if this is a pic from Prima?

I’ve spent at least an hour trying to track down the origins of this picture because I’ve seen it before, but I can’t place it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

Did anyone determine if this is a pic from Prima?

I’ve spent at least an hour trying to track down the origins of this picture because I’ve seen it before, but I can’t place it. 

Nothing was determined as far as I know.  I tried to find the image also and was not able to.

Oh boy! Topic change, any news if there will be a buffet or only the quick food places in Indulge. The entire concept, end of the ship, ocean blvd, and so on seems so small... but I could be wrong.  I love that they moved the engine into the middle - smart. 

49 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

Oh boy! Topic change, any news if there will be a buffet or only the quick food places in Indulge. The entire concept, end of the ship, ocean blvd, and so on seems so small... but I could be wrong.  I love that they moved the engine into the middle - smart. 

No word yet on other restaurants.  I will be disappointed if there is not at least a buffet for breakfast.  I suppose that the Indulge spots could be used, but there is plenty of space still to be revealed.

With 3300 passengers,  the space at that food court is not sufficient, mainly for breakfast and lunch.

My best guess is there will be a Garden Cafe (or any other name) buffet restaurant, on Deck 17 forward or midship

A buffet feeds thousands of passengers on a quick turnover (usually, you are in and out within 30 minutes) with a rather low ratio of crew/ passenger.  Also, a buffet allows for a large variety of dishes.

The food hall is mainly outside.  A ship must have a rather large space for passengers to eat inside when the weather is bad.

Finally, it was said that most of the offerings in the food hall won't be free at night.  Not everyone wants to pay extra for the specialty restaurants.  The main complimentary dining rooms wont be able to accommodate between 2000 and 2500 passengers that won't go to the specialty restaurant or the food hall.  So yes I'm convinced that there will be a buffet restaurant.  Cheap for the cruise line and convenient for the passengers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BenCoudon said:

I think that the O'sheehan concept is gone.  I won't bee surprised if would become part of the Food Hall on deck 8.  O'sheehan menu is rather limited and that could be accommodated with the Food Hall

They already announced The Local would be onboard, which is the concept that replaced O'Sheehan's.

6 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

No word yet on other restaurants.  I will be disappointed if there is not at least a buffet for breakfast.  I suppose that the Indulge spots could be used, but there is plenty of space still to be revealed.

With the expanded Ocean Boulevard, there will be people who are usually on the top deck who will spend time there instead, and a lot of those people will want fast casual dining options during the day. That’s what Indulge seems to be about.

However, there will be many more people still up top and they also want to eat without all having to go down to deck 8. There must be food options for them as well, and I will be very surprised if it isn’t a buffet type place.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, timf2001 said:

They already announced The Local would be onboard, which is the concept that replaced O'Sheehan's.

Ok thanks for the info. I haven't sailed yet on the newer ships (Bliss, Encore) so I have not experienced "the Local".  I will be on the Bliss in January.

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

The Local is basically O'Sheehan's. The reason for the name change is because O'Sheehan is no longer with the company.

Its not rare that they are changing names.  Few years ago, all the ships I was on had a "Five 'O Clock somewhere"  Bar.  Then, several of them were changed to " Proof Whiskey bar"  Nothing has changed except for the name

On 8/17/2020 at 7:50 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

Hello friends! It's been a while.. and eh, 2020 did not start very well for the golden era of cruising. :classic_mellow: Hopefully all of you are okay and thoughts and prayers for those who are challenged in these tough times.

And as we all quietly or anxiously await any positive news about our shared passion, cruising.. and with almost no news about Leonardo class I still had to start a Live! thread!

Because, I present you... the first inside render of Leonardo! (hopefully it's right, it sure looks like an end product and not the artist gone wilde render stuff and plus all the other links containing this photos seems to be poofed away..:classic_biggrin:)

My guess is that this is the Atrium, we can see a bar or Guest Relations/Shorex desk, perhaps there's an internet pc there on that table. There's an elevator bank on the lower right corner, etc.

Appreciate this thread.  It convinced me to book a cruise on Prima.  Leaving Orlando in March 2023.  Florida, CDC, and NCL should be BFF by then.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sorry for off topic, but my first cruise since February 2020. msc seaview, our stepsister. :-)))

aft pooldeck

77C3D395-2E9D-415D-A5FA-BE4CABA02549.thumb.jpeg.f9de145229b689e8a7604e593891b70d.jpeg

maybe spa/fitness at prima? Yt at seaside
28615BDB-F682-4CE0-AFC7-5007915E3F67.thumb.jpeg.f26d030f76a02479d640e76043da705d.jpeg

racetrack or aqua park and sports deck/ basketball soccer court 

C9787D0A-C45C-40B2-9234-5000BB457F26.thumb.jpeg.a52dcaf0223566685310de188651be3c.jpeg

sorry, now back to prima 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steff79 said:

Sorry for off topic, but my first cruise since February 2020. msc seaview, our stepsister. :-)))

aft pooldeck

77C3D395-2E9D-415D-A5FA-BE4CABA02549.thumb.jpeg.f9de145229b689e8a7604e593891b70d.jpeg

maybe spa/fitness at prima? Yt at seaside
28615BDB-F682-4CE0-AFC7-5007915E3F67.thumb.jpeg.f26d030f76a02479d640e76043da705d.jpeg

racetrack or aqua park and sports deck/ basketball soccer court 

C9787D0A-C45C-40B2-9234-5000BB457F26.thumb.jpeg.a52dcaf0223566685310de188651be3c.jpeg

sorry, now back to prima 

It is a lot to ask of the NCL Prima ... it is much smaller.