Dining Package Question

mreasier

We are NCL rookies, having just booked our 1st NCL cruise for July 2022.  Our booking includes the dining package which covers 4 meals.  How does that work for the a la carte restaurants?  Can you order whatever you want or is there some kind of limit?  Thanks.

Order anything you want.  The only limit is on entrees (one per).  Some restaurants have items on the menu with indicated additional charges when the dining package is used.

Here's a recent thread (page 3 of the forum as I type this) with the exact same question and further discussion - 

33 minutes ago, cruisinmeme said:

The waiter will definitely explain

The waiter will explain what they want you to think the policy is.  The only restriction noted on NCL's page is that the package includes one main course, there is nothing indicating restrictions on appetizers or desserts. https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mreasier said:

We are NCL rookies, having just booked our 1st NCL cruise for July 2022.  Our booking includes the dining package which covers 4 meals.  How does that work for the a la carte restaurants?  Can you order whatever you want or is there some kind of limit?  Thanks.

at most ala cart restaurants (ie: cagneys, le bistro, ocean blue,  la cuchina, etc) the waiter will tell you you're allowed 2 appetizers (includes soup/salad), 1 entree and 1 dessert.

in reality, you can have as many appetizers and desserts you want since the terms and conditions say they will charge you only for an extra entree.

Exceptions:

at food republic (sushi) and Pincho's (tapas), you're only allowed 4 items per person: https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

it used to be  unlimited dishes at Pinchos.

i've had 15 dishes by myself at Pinchos when it was unlimited. (tapas translates to small dishes)

Edited by fstuff1

38 minutes ago, mreasier said:

Thank you all for the info.  I'm getting to the point where 1-1-1 will probably do it for me but it's nice to know we have the option for more.

I've been known to order two appetizers and then skip dessert.  Appetizers can be the best part of a meal😊

The main thing to know is don't worry if you want to try an extra appetizer or dessert.  

• Like 1