Where was I?

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Ah, so that means it is the place called something like Fatepur Sikri, an old capital city from Emperor Akbar.

Well done! It was one of the stops on the Maharajah's Express train trip we did.

9 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Had a google of Mosques in a couple of cities and I think I found it though I can't work out how it fits with the clue 😳. My guess : Monastiraki Square Athens Greece? 

Correct, this is in Plaka (Athens) at the foot of the Acropolis which is a bustling  hub of restaurants and shops and a great place to stay. It is also just in front of the Greek Parliament building.

As for the clue, don't slip up  - Greece, and the cobblestones around the area can get very slippery. It was to narrow down the country.

5 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Correct🤗 Tallest bridge in the world and one of the great engineering achievements of the modern era😀

It is pretty amazing... particularly driving across it when the valley is full of fog... which a friend did the other year.... he said it was like flying  but scary 

It easy one   where was I standing.... with the camera  Do365529934_walldec16_C127140.thumb.jpg.8e624798187fa0862341845be115147d.jpgn

Edited by getting older slowly

54 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

just going to do a quick food shop.... Don

Get me half a dozen Hardy's Stamp 1 litre Shiraz, medicinal purposes for the long weekend whilst you are out don, please.  Enjoy your shopping.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Name this famous viaduct:

P1080035.thumb.JPG.aa95a5e9253aee4fcd93a7ad4089db95.JPG

My older brother is a retired civil engineer. He used to design bridges and roads and would always rave about this bridge. Except the first time he went to France, he was not able to get there. Went a few years later, with great photos.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Picton, NZ

Correct...... go to front of the class..... your go  cheers Don

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Get me half a dozen Hardy's Stamp Shiraz, medicinal purposes,  whilst you are out don.  Enjoy your shopping.

Sorry Les.... it was not a run to the lolly shop...   just food today... as still have some stock Don