Where was I?

28 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Yep Mount Kosciuszko🤗 Been up to the summit twice on two different trails and I would recommend the longer Main Range trail from Charlotte's Pass (the pictured track is the Summit trail which use to be a road you could drive along) the views are just breathtaking😁

roughly how long — distance and time — are the two path?

thanks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

roughly how long — distance and time — are the two path?

thanks.

Technically speaking there are three trails but a lot of people like we did will combine the Mains Trail and Summit Trail so it is a loop back to Charlotte's pass like one big walk. The whole loop is 22km. From Charlottes Pass via the Main Trail to the summit took 3-4 hrs though we did divert to the Blue lake on the way. The way back we took the Summit Trail which is about 9km one way, it is really flat and easy but we stopped at the mountain hut for a bit so it was about 2hrs more. The other trail is from Thredbo which is the Kosciuszko Walk, 13km return from the top of the chairlift, that took us about 4hrs though we stayed at the summit for some time.

8 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Canterbury Cathedral.

Correct young Leigh, congratulations, Canterbury Cathedral, Kent, England. One of the many cathedrals we visited, my wife liked cathedrals, I like to see a few, but not fanatical about them. Your pass to freedom from Victoria is in the mail, you can have dinner at Albury Rissole tonight.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Of course.....  light bulb

Tower Hill Lake near Warrnambool

Cheers Don

You are correct Don. Tower Hill was formed by a volcanic activity perhaps 32,000 years ago.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

3 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Was there about 15 years ago... but as soon as you said not a river... 

Bingo

Thanks Don

Great place to visit, the last time I was there was a couple of years ago. My aunt lives close by at Koroit, so we would go past Tower Hill regularly on a Sunday drive. Koroit also had a bakery which baked on a Sunday illegally, but all the locals knew so we go and buy the best bread.

Leigh

19 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

Correct, Sally Lunn bun, with extra raisins for you.

Ah ye olde Sally Lunn Bunn. I had an Aunt and Uncle living in Bath. In 1997 we visited them and they took us to Sally Lunn. Huge Bunns, yes it is Bunn. Sweet Bunns, savoury Bunns, even an English breakfast Bunn inc black pudding. 300 years the place has been established. Sorry for thread hijack.

Edited by NSWP