FCC applied BUT......

siren

I had two large FCC that I applied to two different cruises. One in June 2021and Oct 2021. I did this over the phone and with no problems.  Then when I checked my email for my cruise receipt it does not show a cruise credit but actually changed the price of the cruise. So my 7k cruise (alaska cruise tour in June) went to a cruise fare of 2500.  I am crazy about getting price drops but if my cruise fare shows 2500 for an 11 day cruise there will definitly be no price drops.  Has anyone had experience with this?  I know cruises booked this far in advance always have price drops as it gets closer.  

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've read they have to go thru a lot to get price drops and sometimes fcc drops off and has to be reapplied. It probably will be a pain to get price drops. Hope you have a good ta.

I don't use TA's.  I would have to call them, tell them I found a price drop and HOPE they will make the call....which usually didn't happen.  I book my own cruises now and just call when I find one and no issues.  

• Like 1

An alternative is to not apply the FCC's until just before final payment. That way, price drops can be handled as they usually are. 

I have several FCCs and the current plan is to apply them a couple weeks before final payment, so they have time to post before the final payment is due. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

An alternative is to not apply the FCC's until just before final payment. That way, price drops can be handled as they usually are. 

I have several FCCs and the current plan is to apply them a couple weeks before final payment, so they have time to post before the final payment is due. 

mac_tlc

That will be a smart move.  I already applied them so I don't think I take it away...........but I'd like to.......

When you think you have a price drop, call RCI and tell them that your current pricing has an FCC applied.  If the agent on the phone does not know how to change the pricing ask them to get a supervisor on the phone.  the supervisor should know the drill, including getting their resolutions or revenue people involved, but they need to make that call (This is from a TA)...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

When you think you have a price drop, call RCI and tell them that your current pricing has an FCC applied.  If the agent on the phone does not know how to change the pricing ask them to get a supervisor on the phone.  the supervisor should know the drill, including getting their resolutions or revenue people involved, but they need to make that call (This is from a TA)...

I actually have done this very thing easily over the phone...My FCC additional balance I'll use after this cruise just keep getting bigger. I prefer to see a -0- balance whenever I can ... JMHO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HicksRA said:

If I understand your post correctly, what you’re seeing due is the amount owed after applying your fcc. 
There should be a line further below beginning with *FCC APPLIED*. 

When you apply a FCC, the cost of the cruise is lowered by the amount of the FCC.   You will not see the actual cruise cost.

Yes, the RCI invoice will show how much FCC was applied, but you have no idea what it was applied to and how much was applied for each guest on the invoice.  RCI's own folks are really the only people who can figure this out correctly.

1 minute ago, stevea36 said:

When you apply a FCC, the cost of the cruise is lowered by the amount of the FCC.   You will not see the actual cruise cost.

Yes, the RCI invoice will show how much FCC was applied, but you have no idea what it was applied to and how much was applied for each guest on the invoice.  RCI's own folks are really the only people who can figure this out correctly.

Mine shows the exact amount of each cert applied for each person. 

2 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Mine shows the exact amount of each cert applied for each person. 

That is not always the case.   If one FCC is more than one individual's fare it may be used as part for each person.  It's best to rely on RCI to determine the base fare that the FCC was applied to.  (I have tried to figure out many of these for my clients and found that RCI knows best 🙂 )

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Unless you have a really good rate that probably won't go down it's best not to apply the certificate until final payment time

Regardless of the rate, if you have the deposit covered by other payment methods it is always best to wait until about a week before the final payment due date to apply the FCC.  (This gives their system time to digest the FCC correctly 🙂 )

1 minute ago, stevea36 said:

Regardless of the rate, if you have the deposit covered by other payment methods it is always best to wait until about a week before the final payment due date to apply the FCC.  (This gives their system time to digest the FCC correctly 🙂 )

This is what i have done on my last two cruises.  

19 hours ago, HicksRA said:

If I understand your post correctly, what you’re seeing due is the amount owed after applying your fcc. 
There should be a line further below beginning with *FCC APPLIED*. 

There is not. The cruise fare was lowered after the FCC was applied to that.

I guess while they have their best price guarantee it doesn't matter so much about applying it right before final payment since there could be a price drop at any time up until 48 hours before sailing.  Even if they give you OBC they are going to have to calculate what your "real" price is.  Don't know why they don't just apply them as a credit like a payment but it is what it is

31 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I guess while they have their best price guarantee it doesn't matter so much about applying it right before final payment since there could be a price drop at any time up until 48 hours before sailing.  Even if they give you OBC they are going to have to calculate what your "real" price is.  Don't know why they don't just apply them as a credit like a payment but it is what it is

yes.....so lesson learned to fellow cruisers........ i won't make the same mistake twice