The Daily for Wednesday Aug 26, 2020

richwmn

580593_10150848637615729_2074142581_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=UO9liJXLvcAAX_I7oyW&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=dc287cfdc3daf56add239b00733914a0&oe=5F6AB13F

Maasdam's entire Nautical/Deck Dept. (minus the guys manning the bridge) posing for the annual Christmas pic in Nassau, the Bahamas. The captain is James Russell-Dunford (back row center), may he rest in peace! 😔 

The sailors are headed by a Bo'sun (front row looking down) and Asst. Bo'sun (front row with sunglasses). The Nautical dept. also has a deck machinist, a storekeeper (grey haired gent 2nd row from the bottom in khakis and glasses - in charge of all the paint in his paint locker) and a locksmith

• Like 10

I'm a Daily reader but an occasional poster, though today I must wish a Happy Day and Thanks to both Rich & Roy, for making this such a wonderful place to visit. Thank you, too, to Copper, for your interesting photos from behind the scenes on our HAL ships.  Love the all the pictures, but don't know how to post them.  Can it be done from a phone, as that's where most of ours are? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Christmas is a special time onboard, especially since the crew is away from their families at home. The special event is the Christmas Eve concert by the crew by three choirs; the Indonesians in their always very nice batik shirts, the Filipinos and many nationalities of the International choir. All three choirs rehearse in their off-duty time prior to the concert on the 24th 

522327_10150848643985729_1126867423_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=V-Vqo9_iUtAAX_7RaDL&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=fe5b10bed66f4592e2b4e3cfbc0b7432&oe=5F6B1A2F

574678_10150848643800729_1555334820_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=Z9PFCEJCouUAX_zLuET&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=847b876b2c223be831d4f9c78256fd46&oe=5F6A8E16

548130_10150848643690729_394434075_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=K7ZvWn5HSqYAX-l2wMK&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=02904fe06284e9c8f61cc8c012c5126e&oe=5F6B60B7

546605_10150848641745729_382824125_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=do9omrEUAoMAX_dGHqh&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=502c5f070730c50f7b92b38c00bfe0e3&oe=5F6E188E

548456_10150848642520729_498010999_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=kUICApYS6cMAX-c2nbz&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=68b994f61c339796644a2f936faeb94a&oe=5F6AE9A1

529738_10150848642695729_1444875311_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=YNhWIsiygsQAX_DIC9M&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=5e1ed00dff12aa115e0e90edbc4eb801&oe=5F6A542B

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:
4 hours ago, gigianne said:

By the time I read through all the posts and looked at all the pictures I have forgotten what we are celebrating, drinking, thinking and eating

That's my problem too!  Especially when I've had only half a cup of coffee.  😄

Too funny you both said this.  I had the same problem because I usually read the thread late so finally starting writing down a short abbreviated list of top things just so I wouldn't forget what we were celebrating.  🙂

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Too funny you both said this.  I had the same problem because I usually read the thread late so finally starting writing down a short abbreviated list of top things just so I wouldn't forget what we were celebrating.  🙂

And I am coming in later than you Sharon. Right now I can only think to celebrate the Mexican Food and how much I love seeing all of the photos. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, bobpatj said:

I'm a Daily reader but an occasional poster, though today I must wish a Happy Day and Thanks to both Rich & Roy, for making this such a wonderful place to visit. Thank you, too, to Copper, for your interesting photos from behind the scenes on our HAL ships.  Love the all the pictures, but don't know how to post them.  Can it be done from a phone, as that's where most of ours are? 

Hi Pat!  There are different ways to post pictures but I like to click on the “click to choose files” next to the paper clip under the response area. Click it and choose photo library and all the photos on your phone should appear. Choose, click done and viola!  Post and there you go. 

And in honor of National Dog Day here is our spoiled dog Blue:

34DAB877-B0AA-475D-95D2-CC94ADF931E3.jpeg

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Hi Pat!  There are different ways to post pictures but I like to click on the “click to choose files” next to the paper clip under the response area. Click it and choose photo library and all the photos on your phone should appear. Choose, click done and viola!  Post and there you go. 

Sharon so adorable!!! Oh just want to give a big hug!!! So cute!

Denise😊

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Those soulful eyes!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Sharon so adorable!!! Oh just want to give a big hug!!! So cute!

Denise😊

Thanks Denise!  We love him!  And he has a quirky personality too, plays fetch, loves to toss around paper towel rolls, scrambles after lizards, runs around the house looking for his favorite people and when he can't find them huffs, he's always cold (he's hairless), and so much more.  We never thought we could find another dog after losing our previous beloved dog 10 years earlier but Blue is special, of course he isn't a replacement but definitely a joy.

• Like 6

Roy, 

we are in NE Texas. Expect 3-8 inches of rain and 50 mph winds tomorrow.  All plants and bird feeders are in and now we wait. If the storm moves just a bit West or east it can make a big difference. But I am a native Texan and very accustomed to storms!

Barbara

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

🍾🍹🍻

Yippee! We are the first to toast to our terrific friends for National Rich and Roy Day. Wednesday, August 26th, 2020.

Rich thank you for always being faithful on the Fleet Report. When things started changing due to Covid, you were agreeable to making it a community thread,including so many fun things such as your quotes for the day, menu and wine suggestions. I have so much enjoyed your time and talents. So many thanks to you.

Roy, thank you for your sunrise photo's, the care and prayer list, and adding the celebrations.

You guys are awesome! So without further ado... Cheers!!

Joy

• Like 6

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

I don't think so, but who knows. I have been on a bunch

I don't think so either; you seem to sail mostly the Caribbean (although I see a trans-Pacific and a Voyage of the Vikings).  Particularly for HAL, I've done mostly Alaska as well as the more exotic itineraries.

I know there's been a precedent with some "Sailaway Gang" cruises so maybe when things get more normal there might be "Daily Gang" cruise.

Roy

• Like 6

Thank you Joy!

Right now I am waiting for the technician to tell me what is wrong with my 3 month old HVAC unit, before I toast. I might need to pour a bigger glass depending on the issue.

But trust me, I will toast to these two great guys!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You should see my beautiful grand dogs....not good at posting photos.

My World Cruise was cancelled today... I cancelled before giving $5000 more to Princess.  Oh well?

will I be on Holland on 2/7 or 2/17/21?  What are my odds?

Dinner .... salad...all fresh local and amazing!    And..... Sloppy Joes!

wine...Simi Chardonnay....as usual.  Boring?  Sorry

Edited by AliceS
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Happy Wednesday.  Seeing Copper's Maasdam pics, I had to look for some of mine.  

The last time I saw the Maasdam was last May at Ketchikan.  We were southbound and the Maasdam was on its 21 day Alaskan itinerary northbound.  She was docked near our Westerdam and I made a point of going over to look her over and talk with a few of her guests dockside.  Maasdam looked good, albeit small next to the NCL Bliss, and even Westerdam.  Of course, IMHO, she was sleeker/more aerodynamic than the monster Bliss and there were no ques to reboard unlike Bliss.  She pulled out easily and exchanged toots with us as I took this pic which put a smile on my face.  We were hoping to do the Australian circumnavigation or similar on her, but......

20190510_173814.jpg

20190510_215710.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Cheers! | Cartoon jokes, Wine jokes, Wine humor

Oh sis you are so funny! It is almost 3 here and I just came back from getting groceries and putting stuff away!! Just told David you are already toasting our dear Rich and Roy! Getting stuff for dinner so David made me a Moscow Mule and were having our little bit of what we call poopoos appetizers now and a toast! Will still have our toast again tonight!LOL

Rich took over a wonderful thread when It was going to retire and has made it fantastic!!! He is very very creative!! Our Roy just added a great touch with implementing the sunrises and sunsets and the prayer list and celebrations!!

ALSO TO ALL ON THIS BLOG masking it so fun!!!

A Toast

Denise😊

image.jpeg.674ac844f880e7ae897aec316c4e09a8.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Oh sis you are so funny! It is almost 3 here and I just came back from getting groceries and putting stuff away!! Just told David you are already toasting our dear Rich and Roy! Getting stuff for dinner so David made me a Moscow Mule and were having our little bit of what we call poopoos appetizers now and a toast! Will still have our toast again tonight!LOL

Rich took over a wonderful thread when It was going to retire and has made it fantastic!!! He is very very creative!! Our Roy just added a great touch with implementing the sunrises and sunsets and the prayer list and celebrations!!

ALSO TO ALL ON THIS BLOG masking it so fun!!!

A Toast

Denise😊

image.jpeg.674ac844f880e7ae897aec316c4e09a8.jpeg

Cheers sis! We ate a HUGE lunch today. I had mushroom and chicken enchilada's. Delicious! 

We do not feel hungry at all now. 

• Like 4