Hotel through NCL

sprint180

Can someone tell me if NCL still has it that you can book a hotel precruise through them? I am look for one in Honolulu,    I did it in Seattle a few years ago but I can't find it on their site now.

Thank you

Vicki

Edited by sprint180

Why would you do it in the first place? I am sure you can find a nice, comfortable and definitely a cheaper hotel if go to Booking or Tripadvisor. These affiliated companies are always charging extra and I wouldn't say that you are getting any extras for it. Unless there some bonus credits you can get through booking with them 

32 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Why would you do it in the first place? I am sure you can find a nice, comfortable and definitely a cheaper hotel if go to Booking or Tripadvisor. These affiliated companies are always charging extra and I wouldn't say that you are getting any extras for it. Unless there some bonus credits you can get through booking with them 

I don't think it really matters why I want to.  But thank you for worrying about my finances.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sprint180 said:

Can someone tell me if NCL still has it that you can book a hotel precruise through them? I am look for one in Honolulu,    I did it in Seattle a few years ago but I can't find it on their site now.

Thank you

Vicki

Hello Vicki. On the NCL website click on Explore drop down arrow, and go to land and sea packages. The hotel information can be found there. If you scroll down you can see hotel info for various destinations. It is pricey, but convenient, since they include shuttle to the port. Waikiki area is not far from the port so it is also not difficult to do independently. Do whatever you are comfortable with. 

I realized no one else actually answered your question. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Hello Vicki. On the NCL website click on Explore drop down arrow, and go to land and sea packages. The hotel information can be found there. If you scroll down you can see hotel info for various destinations. It is pricey, but convenient, since they include shuttle to the port. Waikiki area is not far from the port so it is also not difficult to do independently. Do whatever you are comfortable with. 

I realized no one else actually answered your question. I hope this helps.

5 hours ago, TYTY said:

We used homeaway.com and rented a beautiful waterfront condo right on Waikiki Beach.

9 hours ago, www3traveler said:

On the website: Explore--Land and Sea Packages--Hawaii

Found just one hotel (a Hilton property) listed with a 3 night package.  Looks interesting.

Thanks everyone

14 hours ago, sprint180 said:

Thank you

Vicki

You can do much better rate and hotel selection on your own> Been to Hawaii on this cruise too many times to count. We usually stay at Park Shore Waikiki, good rates and great location across from the zoo.

i always use booking.com. that way, i'm choosing the hotel, the room(s) i want and can determine the price i'm willing tyo pay.

if we're sailing out of europe, we usually book a hotel 2 days early and book another for about 3 days after we disembarkation.

if you use booking,com i usually type in i'm looking for hotels near the cruise port.

if at all possible, i try and book a club room at a crowne plaza hotel

One advantage of booking with NCL (if offered) is on the day of the cruise you check out of the hotel

and take an NCL arranged shuttle bus directly to the POA ???

This would not be offered post cruise unless there is a large group involved.

In both of these events airline travel is not of an immediate consideration.

I would prefer independent travel arrangements to-from the ship -

See more have an interesting conversation with the driver avoiding (C19) crowd distancing !

Check out the rates offered - Beach Front hotels are rack rate higher unless you have an affinity with a hotel chain.

Those hotels a block or two off the beach (think Ali Wai Canal) could be a significant bargain.

Have government affiliation (retired service) Fort DeRussy or government quarters at Hickam AFB - Pearl or

other installation.

If you only plan on visiting the islands and doing the POA cruise - plan to make the most of this one time

personal event.

Remember to check out the Hawaii Forum LINK:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/37-hawaii/

On another note about packing and what to wear - you don't have to drag along a wardrobe steamship

trunk - there are Target and Wal*Mart stores in Hawaii for anything you forgot - need to add - it isn't like

visiting a foreign country with strange customs although the Hawaii residents do make up a mixed bag

of ethnic folk from all across the Pacific Ocean.

When I log in to my NCL account the screen I get is a view of Waikiki and it says "Say Aloha!" right below that is a link to book a pre or post stay hotel.  When I click on that I get the Hawaii cruises homepage and there are tabs for itineraries, packages, gallery etc., near the end is the tab for hotels.  It gives me 3 options - 2 Hiltons and 1 Hyatt. 

At least for me (hopefully going May '21) it tells me to call if I want to book.

I am not planning on booking through NCL but have been doing some research on Hiltons (we have points to use) so I can tell you that the price is just a few dollars more that what I see on the Hilton page.  Since it includes transportation to the port it is a good deal - if the price NCL shows is not per person 😉 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sirenitas said:

When I log in to my NCL account the screen I get is a view of Waikiki and it says "Say Aloha!" right below that is a link to book a pre or post stay hotel.  When I click on that I get the Hawaii cruises homepage and there are tabs for itineraries, packages, gallery etc., near the end is the tab for hotels.  It gives me 3 options - 2 Hiltons and 1 Hyatt. 

At least for me (hopefully going May '21) it tells me to call if I want to book.

I am not planning on booking through NCL but have been doing some research on Hiltons (we have points to use) so I can tell you that the price is just a few dollars more that what I see on the Hilton page.  Since it includes transportation to the port it is a good deal - if the price NCL shows is not per person 😉 

It’s per person, not a good deal.