Looks like I might get my allure cruise in 2022

firefly333

Maybe someone can post a link to the whole article but says rcl will start work on terminal 3 next april and expects it to be completed September 1, 2022.

I was thinking the perks to book a suite not worth it to book a suite where you dont get coastal kitchen to try. Or free internet. I had allure booked march 2022. Changed to Liberty. Says supposed to be complete by sept 1, 2022. I was totally disappointed to get liberty... again. I hoped for any ship that was newer and I hadn't been on. 

So I read 2022 will come out in November?  Or do I have that wrong?

20200902_134447575.jpeg

20200902_134405764.jpeg

Edited by firefly333

15 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'd take allure any way I could get on her. I loved oasis. I have a problem most of the time with copying and pasting links on this tablet. Easier on a laptop. I just did screen shots of start and end date for terminal 3. 

Oasis is great, as is Harmony!!! Have yet to be on Symphony. 

31 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Hopefully Allure has had her refurb by then.....it is badly needed. We were on her this past February.

She  completed her dry dock last month, just maintenance, azipod rebuild and minor interior repairs.  Good chance no Amped upgrades until 2024/2025 dry dock. We were booked on her for the Oct TA  back home, did the L&S to Harmony TA next year which will be a few months after her dry dock. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

She  completed her dry dock last month, just maintenance, azipod rebuild and minor interior repairs.  Good chance no Amped upgrades until 2024/2025 dry dock. We were booked on her for the Oct TA  back home, did the L&S to Harmony TA next year which will be a few months after her dry dock. 

The azipod repair was way overdue. Good call on the Harmony. 

6 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Hopefully Allure has had her refurb by then.....it is badly needed. We were on her this past February.

Badly needed?  I was on allure mid january and other than mechanical issues she looked good.  Some sprucing up is nice but curious what is badly needed?

1 hour ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Allure isn't booked for any Caribbean ports in Summer 2022 whereas HM & SY are and OA will no doubt stay on the NJ run. That makes me think that AL will go to Europe that summer and then in November could head to Galveston to replace Liberty.

I dont see allure bookings past april 2022, where do you see summer 2022 bookings. 

6 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

It was mentioned on the Deployment thread. Allure has no bookings beyond April 2022 whereas HM & SY do hence why I think she is Europe bound.

Pier 3 isn't scheduled to be done until sept 2022 so time to go to Europe and back, just dont know if they would send it to europe just for the summer. Not much point to building a bigger pier to accommodate a ship the size of allure and then not using it?

Just now, firefly333 said:

Pier 3 isn't scheduled to be done until sept 2022 so time to go to Europe and back, just dont know if they would send it to europe just for the summer. Not much point to building a bigger pier to accommodate a ship the size of allure and then not using it?

They always send an Oasis Class to Europe for the summer. I also never said that they weren't using the larger pier, I stated that she would likely be headed to Galveston around November. Even if she was to go to Galveston from Sept, where would she otherwise spend May-August? And I highly doubt that Europe would have no Oasis Class that year - it's always been popular.

38 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

They always send an Oasis Class to Europe for the summer. I also never said that they weren't using the larger pier, I stated that she would likely be headed to Galveston around November. Even if she was to go to Galveston from Sept, where would she otherwise spend May-August? And I highly doubt that Europe would have no Oasis Class that year - it's always been popular.

I wasnt say they would or wouldn't. I've also heard some chatter the april restart date on pier 3 could be not in stone. They asked for a 1 year delay from Galveston council who didnt have much choice and the 1 year is up in april. Depending on their financial position and if cruises restart people are saying it could be further delayed.

Not everyone in my Galveston group is as sure of the april date as the writer of the blog. 

9 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

It was mentioned on the Deployment thread. Allure has no bookings beyond April 2022 whereas HM & SY do hence why I think she is Europe bound.

You are most likely right about this.  Harmony will go in 2021 as she’s due for her drydock and Symphony isn’t due for her 5 year drydock until 2023 leaving 2022 without an Oasis class ship doing the 7 night med runs out of BCN.  

10 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Have you been on Oasis, Harmony, or Symphony? Allure seems......almost boring compared. 

Compared to the other 3, maybe 

Compared to Freedom, Voyager, Radiance,  or Vision, hardly 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

They would be wise to put in a cushion.

T1 in PC was finished behind schedule, but ahead of Oasis arriving😉

I can't think why Allure would be seen as boring. I'd quite like to sail the unrefurbished Allure, last of the class without that awful Abyss and more of the original Oasis Class features. Interior wise, I also prefer the decor on Oasis & Allure to that on Harmony & Symphony - the older two are nicer looking ships than their younger sisters IMO.

Edited by CruisingJoe09
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

They would be wise to put in a cushion.

T1 in PC was finished behind schedule, but ahead of Oasis arriving😉

There are people saying if rcl didnt think it had the money to complete it in april 2020 what are the odds a year later they have the money to work on it in april 2021. They will believe it when they see it. And of course rcl says sure next april we will be back on it. 

Well I dodged one bullet finally, they are rescheduling adventure ... due to pier 3 being late. Rcl didnt know this was a problem before just now? I had  b2b on adventure 4/5 days I moved to jewel which feb 12 then got cancelled. Somehow they just now decided adventure couldn't dock due to pier 3 being delayed? My Galveston group is abuzz.  Finally something that didnt hit me because I'd already canc and moved it.

Kinda like the email allure wouldnt be there for my march 2022 cruise, move to liberty. You would have thought they knew way back in april 2022 when they delayed the pier by a year. Took them months to tell us we werent getting allure. 

Now its lifting and shifting adventure folks ... again due to the pier they knew about last april.

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are most likely right about this.  Harmony will go in 2021 as she’s due for her drydock and Symphony isn’t due for her 5 year drydock until 2023 leaving 2022 without an Oasis class ship doing the 7 night med runs out of BCN.  

If finished on time, Icon may take those runs.

• Like 1