I hope Princess will..... and passengers will.....

gottagocit

I think that all the cruise lines will be extra vigilant when cruising begins. They will have to be since the spread is so fast.

There will be a change in cruising and we will have to adapt. Masks/vaccines/I'm not sure how they will do social distancing. Especially in the theater or shows etc. and  restaurants.  The last thing you want is to spread on the ship and have to be quarantined. So there will be new rules that we will have to follow. I'm just wondering when the other countries are going to let the ships in to their country.  

On 9/8/2020 at 1:55 PM, Travlin grrl said:

I think that all the cruise lines will be extra vigilant when cruising begins. They will have to be since the spread is so fast.

There will be a change in cruising and we will have to adapt. Masks/vaccines/I'm not sure how they will do social distancing. Especially in the theater or shows etc. and  restaurants.  The last thing you want is to spread on the ship and have to be quarantined. So there will be new rules that we will have to follow. I'm just wondering when the other countries are going to let the ships in to their country.  

Cruise lines will set up their policies to require masks. Social distancing will be hard. When I go to the market, costco, or to a resort, my 6' distancing is constantly and consistently violated. Dining rooms are hard because no one is wearing a mask. And people are constantly walking right next to your table. These are all risk that people need to accept when on a cruise. We have been on 3 mini-vacations since reopening and understand reality vs. what looks good on paper. 

7 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

If masks are required there will be a significant number of us looking for a different type of vacation...

This.  I hope anyone who doesn't like the new rules will adopt this approach.  

I'm waiting to see what the rules will be.  If they announced something silly like you must sleep in a mask, I'm out.   That's just an example, I'm not saying they would ever do this.   

Once they publish the new rules if I'm okay with them I'll sail but I will comply with the rules.  If I don't like the rules I'll spend my vacation dollars elsewhere.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, twangster said:

This.  I hope anyone who doesn't like the new rules will adopt this approach.  

I'm waiting to see what the rules will be.  If they announced something silly like you must sleep in a mask, I'm out.   That's just an example, I'm not saying they would ever do this.   

Once they publish the new rules if I'm okay with them I'll sail but I will comply with the rules.  If I don't like the rules I'll spend my vacation dollars elsewhere.

I agree. If the cruise industry is going to survive in this new reality they will have to make changes that will ensure ship travel is as safe as possible while implementing rules that are practical yet effective. 

Those that believe they aren’t practical should find other ways to see the world and not be allowed to simply ignore the rules as so many have been in the past. 

Those who see them as reasonable should be allowed to enjoy cruising again with piece of mind knowing everyone is expected to adhere to them once onboard. If some follow them and others do not it likely won’t be long before the ones who ignore them will have the ships to themselves because I for one won’t continue cruising if I’m one of the few who follow the guidelines intended to keep my family safe. 

41 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Those who see them as reasonable should be allowed to enjoy cruising again with piece of mind knowing everyone is expected to adhere to them once onboard. If some follow them and others do not it likely won’t be long before the ones who ignore them will have the ships to themselves because I for one won’t continue cruising if I’m one of the few who follow the guidelines intended to keep my family safe.

I hope the cruise lines are as strict in enforcing the soon to be established policies as the airlines seem to be

unlike dining room dress code 'guidelines' 🍻 😉

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I hope the cruise lines are as strict in enforcing the soon to be established policies as the airlines seem to be

unlike dining room dress code 'guidelines' 🍻 😉

Agreed.  There is no safety aspect to dining room dress code.  There is a safety aspect to virus mitigation.  Bypassing a closure to visit a public deck that is closed due to high winds has a safety aspect.   Swimming in a pool that is closed has a safety aspect.  

Like the airlines are doing, I hope the cruise lines add violators to a no-cruise list.  

• Like 2

On 9/5/2020 at 1:21 PM, gottagocit said:

Some are told to stay in their cabins but I don’t know what percentage. Deactivating cruise cards/medallions etc would just be one more way to discourage the sick from spreading something around the ship. If they’re found violating it a future ban would be appropriate imo. 

If someone displays symptoms like coughing with obvious congestion or is found with a fever using a portable temp check device a trip to the medical facility would seem to be in order to have them looked at closer. At least it would reduce odds of catching something but granted it wouldn’t stop everything. Seems like common sense in such an environment after this. 

There are other reasons for cough and /or congestion.  My husband has allergies and is always sneezing it having to blow his nose.  I have had a cough for years (made worse by a mask) for other reasons. Neither of us have ever been quarantined to our cabin before because there was no need to. After 40 years of cruising, I don't plan on allowing that to happen now because someone thinks I should be. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, alwayssingin said:

There are other reasons for cough and /or congestion.  My husband has allergies and is always sneezing it having to blow his nose.  I have had a cough for years (made worse by a mask) for other reasons. Neither of us have ever been quarantined to our cabin before because there was no need to. After 40 years of cruising, I don't plan on allowing that to happen now because someone thinks I should be. 

I have a similar situation.  I have Samter's triad, some times called Aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease (AERD).  Asthma causes nasal polyps so severe that the polyps were thinning the skull plate in my upper sinuses.  I had surgery to remove the polyps, but they do come back.  re-breathing my own CO2 from wearing a mask makes the situation worse.  I can have cough, runny nose and other asthma symptoms that may cause people to quickly assume it is Covid related.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2020 at 9:29 AM, gottagocit said:

I’m sure there will a variety of opinions about what you want to see when we are finally able to cruise again but theses are some of the things that I hope passengers and Princess staff will do to prevent breakouts off this virus and others types of sickness onboard ships in the future.

I can’t help but think back to things I witnessed passengers doing over the years such as bypassing hand washing stations, coughing into their hands in the buffet area, coughing openly in buffet area, leaving restrooms without washing hands and other things that made me cringe then. What would I do now if I saw the same behavior? Certainly won’t be as passive I was before all of this. What about you?

Besides the obvious precautions we are all taking now such as masks, social distancing when possible and others things that may be needed in order to restart cruising again I’d like to see:

Princess:

- Develop effective health screening for passenger and crew at embarkation (not just for the virus but other illnesses such the awful crud that so many catch during voyages of the past) 

- Strictly enforce reasonable and prudent hygiene standards for passengers entering restaurants particularly buffets (assuming buffets survive this) rather than simply suggesting people wash hands before entering but allowing many to enter without doing so
- Remove passengers from venues such as shows who appear to be displaying symptoms of an illness and quarantine 

- Ban passengers who refuse to follow guidelines that are implemented to keep passengers from this and future outbreaks of others such as violating quarantine or not using posted measures when boarding or entering venues 

- Ban passengers who attempt to hide sickness but are determined to be sick during boarding process 

- Ban passengers found to be sick while onboard but have not reported to medical staff

Passengers 
- Do not attempt to travel with others when sick 

- Act responsibly and follow common sense practices that prevent spreading this or other illnesses such as coughing openly around others and maintaining good hygiene 

-  Do not scoff at others/staff or make a scene/excuse when asked to follow guidance such as washing hands or using hand sanitizer etc

-  Report to onboard medical facility when exhibiting symptoms if any illness 

Any opinions or other things you want to see once we are back cruising again?

1984 IS HERE ALREADY!!

HEARD ON MY LOCAL NEWS, CITY HAS NOW GOT A LOCAL CONTROL ENFORCEMENT FORCE. 

ALL I CAN SAY, IS i HOPE ALL THESE OVER CONTROL MEASURE FAIL BADLY AND WE GET BACK TO LIVING A NORMAL LIFE AGAIN.