Free Money​ 😀​

Tree_skier

So earlier last week I inexplicably received a new invoice from Royal for my Empress of the Seas cruise next February. I only quickly looked at it and it all looked the same so I just moved it out of my inbox into cruise folder and forgot about it.  So today I went into my cruise planner to see prices on drink packages etc. and noticed an extra $100 US OBC listed at the top of page.  I had $150 prior, $50 from TA and $100 from Royal because this was a replacement for one they cancelled due to a charter. I went back and looked at that invoice I just received from Royal and sure enough the extra $100 is there, I just didn't notice it.  I have no idea why I got the $100 but that'll pay for an excursion or something.  Apparently this is my lucky week.  🙂 I wish they'd send me an early Royalup offer! 😇.  Has anyone ever received OBC for no apparent reason?  If so, did you ever find out why?

Never had one that I didn't know about, but I'm all for free money. 

Double Big Box travel purchase points to increase my annual rebate, double travel purchase points on my Sapphire credit card that magically turns in to cash, after cruise Big Box cash cards.

We got extra OBC when we weren’t expecting it. I rang a couple of weeks ago to get a reprice on a L&S for Sept 2021. There was a kids promo running which is unusual for U.K. and Ireland market. The price was 600euro cheaper, which I had expected from doing a mock booking. What I hadn’t noticed was there was 300euro OBC. We originally had 50euro. Very nice surprise when the invoice came through. 

• Like 1

I got a refund from rcl for no reason and mentioned it to my TA. Might have been better to have said nothing. They refunded me the TA commission and called me at home from a private home number. I was suspicious when he said he was calling from rcl since it didnt say rcl. I guess agents are working from home and told me he had to rebill me. Easy come easy go

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

We got extra OBC when we weren’t expecting it. I rang a couple of weeks ago to get a reprice on a L&S for Sept 2021. There was a kids promo running which is unusual for U.K. and Ireland market. The price was 600euro cheaper, which I had expected from doing a mock booking. What I hadn’t noticed was there was 300euro OBC. We originally had 50euro. Very nice surprise when the invoice came through. 

That's great.  The only thing with this is I haven't done anything with this booking.  I didn't ask for a reprice or change cabins or anything that would trigger anything at all.  About a week ago I bought the internet package with the original OBC we had been given since went on sale and was a price that was acceptable to me.  It's quite curious to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That's great.  The only thing with this is I haven't done anything with this booking.  I didn't ask for a reprice or change cabins or anything that would trigger anything at all.  About a week ago I bought the internet package with the original OBC we had been given since went on sale and was a price that was acceptable to me.  It's quite curious to me. 

Can your TA see what it's from by looking at the booking?

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Can your TA see what it's from by looking at the booking?

I'm sure he could but I don't want him to waste even 5 minutes of his time on this.  It's really just a curiosity for me.  If they pull it back at some point because it's an error I'll be none the worse for it.

1 hour ago, Junkhouse said:

We didn't get an invoice but we received $200 additional OBC on one of our cruises that we L&S'd.

Unfortunately I had the complete opposite experience. My cruise got cancelled when I called to L&S, it took 3hrs finally my TA came back on the line. And said it was DONE but the price has changed and all my obc was GONE. but she said " that's ok it was still a great deal compared to the existing price that you shifted to"

WOW REALLY.  lesson learned, I will only book direct from now on. reservation Was too old to transfer

6 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

Unfortunately I had the complete opposite experience. My cruise got cancelled when I called to L&S, it took 3hrs finally my TA came back on the line. And said it was DONE but the price has changed and all my obc was GONE. but she said " that's ok it was still a great deal compared to the existing price that you shifted to"

WOW REALLY.  lesson learned, I will only book direct from now on. reservation Was too old to transfer

If it was goodwill OBC, Nextcruise OBC or redeployment it should have transferred with you.  Doesn't matter when the booking was made. Try again

7 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

If it was goodwill OBC, Nextcruise OBC or redeployment it should have transferred with you.  Doesn't matter when the booking was made. Try again

This!

I didn’t receive mine through the online L & S and called back with the original invoice details (Redeployment OBC).

I actually ended up with $300 obc rather than the original booking’s $200 😁. Free money indeed!

• Like 1