Unusual activity on a cruise ship

lenquixote66

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

My best story about meeting a CC person on the M&G .I have posted this previously.I became very friendly on the roll call with a guy from Rhode Island.We made up to meet the day of boarding the ship.He described himself as tall and thin and told me exactly what he would be wearing.I saw a guy on the ship fitting that description,walked over to him and said “Ray ,great to finally meet you.” It was not him.We had a lot of laughs on the ship,met for lunch several times as well as dinners.

Isn't your experience part of the joy of cruising?  Who will you meet that will be the most interesting people and with whom one maintains contact for some time?  And, some with whom one cruises with again?   

12 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Isn't your experience part of the joy of cruising?  Who will you meet that will be the most interesting people and with whom one maintains contact for some time?  And, some with whom one cruises with again?   

In 2017 I was posting so much to a guy on the roll call board basically because we grew up in Brooklyn that I could not wait to meet him on the cruise.We spent a lot of time with him and his wife on the cruise and have become very good friends.In 2018 we booked a cruise with him and his wife and had a great time.

We have met other people on other cruises that we have become friends with.

8 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Actually, just looking at people is often a hell of a lot easier than talking with them.  I have found that there are more people whose ideas make me feel ill than there are whose appearances are that unpleasant.

Actually, I was not being serious.  I was making a joking comment in response to the phrasing in Mr. Quixote's earlier post.  

• 4 weeks later...

Another peanut butter comment.   I read on these boards how great Melting Cake was with a scoop of peanut butter.   DH asked for that the first night, and it was a long wait, as the waiter had to go to the buffet to get it.  After that night, it was always ready for us.  Drop a scoop in the Melting Cake and it softens up.  Who can resist??