Unusual activity on a cruise ship

lenquixote66

5 minutes ago, marco said:

Not something I'm interested in or every have been, but do any lines still do a "napkin folding" class? Now there's a topic I've never seen discussed on CC.

I've seen napkin folding.  And scarf tying.  I did scarf tying once.  I thought I was clumsy until I saw the trouble the lady next to me was having.  And she had announced several times that she was a Gold Level Competitive Dancer, lol.  

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 1:29 PM, lenquixote66 said:

There was/is a restaurant in Manhattan that served Peanut Butter sandwiches.Every possible combination that you could imagine.I had many meals there but never once do I recall Peanut Butter with bacon.Very interesting.

Peanut butter with bacon is delicious. You really need to try it. 😀

10 hours ago, marco said:

Not something I'm interested in or every have been, but do any lines still do a "napkin folding" class? Now there's a topic I've never seen discussed on CC.

I don't recall a "napkin folding" class, but there have been sessions on making "Towel Animals"--and this is on HAL as well as Carnival.  There is a book available for sale for those so interested in more detail.

9 hours ago, leavesofapple said:

”Art tour” walking around the ship looking at all the beautiful and interesting works of art everywhere. 

One of my favorite sea day activities on HAL ships was the audio art tours onboard. You just picked up the device and could wander the ship listening to description of the art works on the different decks.

Edited by Sea42
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I would hope not.  I recall that HAL ships seemed to have beautiful old ship models (which a rightly called works of art) as well as traditional sculptures and paintings.

You are correct.On one cruise I was on the Captain has a work of art on display that he owned.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I don't recall a "napkin folding" class, but there have been sessions on making "Towel Animals"--and this is on HAL as well as Carnival.  There is a book available for sale for those so interested in more detail.

I have been on recent cruises that had napkin folding classes.

19 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I would hope not.  I recall that HAL ships seemed to have beautiful old ship models (which a rightly called works of art) as well as traditional sculptures and paintings.

Yes!  Seen those tall ship models under glass on Princess or RCI (maybe both).  Very cool.  

On 9/7/2020 at 5:44 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Correct -- but on a cruise you do not need to cook the bacon yourself. 

The problem, however, seems to be the fact that, while bacon and honey are generally available at the breakfast buffet (and even in the MDR), too often peanut butter is not out until lunchtime.   In our household, of course, all such essential nutrients are ALWAYS on hand.

I've asked for peanut butter for breakfast in the MDR many times. They've always been happy to give it to me.

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I've asked for peanut butter for breakfast in the MDR many times. They've always been happy to give it to me.

I do not eat peanut butter but it is always available for MDR breakfasts on ships I have been on.I cannot get Almond Butter,Cashew Butter or Pistacchio butter on cruises.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:16 PM, crazyank said:

Huh? What in the world are you talking about?  Releasing helium filled balloons out doors is considered an environmental hazard.  But balloon art? Indoors? 

Yes but. I'm guessing a lot of the balloon material winds up in the water.

53 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I do not eat peanut butter but it is always available for MDR breakfasts on ships I have been on.I cannot get Almond Butter,Cashew Butter or Pistacchio butter on cruises.

But you could bring it with you.

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It has to be refrigerated.

Once it's open that preferable but since you drive you could keep it in a bag with ice or one of those frozen gel things and it will be fine. We've traveled with things like that many times with no problem. If I had a strong preference like you do, I'd probably do that.

57 minutes ago, clo said:

Once it's open that preferable but since you drive you could keep it in a bag with ice or one of those frozen gel things and it will be fine. We've traveled with things like that many times with no problem. If I had a strong preference like you do, I'd probably do that.

5 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I have never refrigerated any nut butters😳. If they are cold I find them hard to spread.

The ones I buy State refrigerate after opening.

58 minutes ago, clo said:

Not a preference. My Nutritionist does not believe that peanut butter is something that I should eat.She prefers the other butters.

15 minutes ago, clo said:

From what I know, if they get too warm they can go rancid.

Well they taste fine to me 😂 and I have yet to get sick 😋. Besides macadamias grow in the tropics so they should be use to the heat also aren't all the nut spreads pasteurized anyway🤔

• Like 1