Carnival lovers should look away now!

Seacruise

Carnival Fantasy is anchored off Turkey and is schedule to be beached tomorrow to be scrapped.

Carnival Inspiration is scheduled to arrive on August 3rd and be beached.

It is a sad period of time to see them one after another....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

I hope they don't post pictures.  I prefer to see them in my mind - all lit up and sailing off into the sunset.

Pictures have been posted in the other thread. There is also a video of a rusted Fascination arriving in Cadiz. I'd recommend avoiding that thread if you don't wish to see them. 😢

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 11:51 PM, Seacruise said:

Carnival Fantasy is anchored off Turkey and is schedule to be beached tomorrow to be scrapped.

Carnival Inspiration is scheduled to arrive on August 3rd and be beached.

It is a sad period of time to see them one after another....

Nooooooooo.....Inspiration was my first cruise. So sad!

• 4 weeks later...

I've never cruised with Carnival, but I do realise that there many of you with happy memories of their time on board. Fantasy and Inspiration are now beached at Aliaga, Turkey and being broken up. YouTuber El Rincón del Tripulante has kindly shared a video from Fantasy of how she is looking right now... Sad!

Normally when I post a video, I end with the word "Enjoy", but not this time.

Fantasy's last days.

The Fantasy was was my least favorite ship,  however, it was the only ship I sailed on more than once.  My daughter lives in Charleston, so it was convenient to jump on the Fantasy for a quickie cruise while she was ported in Charleston. I have some fun memories of those cruises.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CorbinCatFan said:

I was hoping to sail on her again before she was sold.  Time moves on but I have a lot of fond memories of the three times we sailed on her.

I am surprised that the Inspiration still had her lifeboats still on.   

There are four ships side by side and all arrived with their lifeboats. Those from the two ships of Pullmantur were soon removed and I've no doubt those from the Carnival shops will follow. 

4 minutes ago, CorbinCatFan said:

I am surprised that the Inspiration still had her lifeboats still on.   

From what I gather, they are sold "as-is, all accessories included".

So the decorations on the Blue Iguana bar, for example, get sold with the ship, can't be removed by crew as souvenirs.  Which is too bad - I'd pay more than a few bucks for those ceramic (resin?) Blue Iguanas and Red Frogs!

20 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

From what I gather, they are sold "as-is, all accessories included".

So the decorations on the Blue Iguana bar, for example, get sold with the ship, can't be removed by crew as souvenirs.  Which is too bad - I'd pay more than a few bucks for those ceramic (resin?) Blue Iguanas and Red Frogs!

You had better get yourself over to Aliaga then. From other videos of the operation there, it seems the streets nearby have stalls and shops selling the bits and bobs coming off these ships. 

13 minutes ago, Smurf2017 said:

You had better get yourself over to Aliaga then. From other videos of the operation there, it seems the streets nearby have stalls and shops selling the bits and bobs coming off these ships. 

I don't doubt it!  I would imagine that's part of the scrapping process - bring in street vendors for a few hours for small fees to strip out the knick-knacks, and they can go sell them for a small amount and still make a profit.  I bet they have a whole process of cycling through specialized strippers.  Wait, that didn't sound right...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

A lot of us like/d the smaller ships. They were never rust buckets. 

I enjoyed my cruises on them as well but Carnival’s responsibility to its shareholders is to remain competitive. This is a move that needed to happen. It’s a good thing.

Oh, and, they are rust buckets.

Fantasy was our first family cruise; it was so disappointing that many family members were surprised that we ever sailed again.  The waves were high, the Gulf was large and it wasn't a fun experience. [When the advertising brochures and credit card applications around the ship are replaced by sick bags, that's more than a hint that the passengers are in for a rough trip.] Yet we tried it again on a bigger ship - I just knew there had to be a reason why people cruise repeatedly and now I have figured it out.  So happy about that... and look forward to sailing with Carnival again! 🙂

21 hours ago, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

A lot of us like/d the smaller ships. They were never rust buckets. 

They were looking pretty rusty to me. Our last Carnival Cruise was on the Fantasy in 2019, and I remember driving up to the port of Mobile, seeing the ship, and thinking “dang, that’s a LOT of rust!”. The ship looked sadly neglected, with rust streaks all over the hull, and rust bleeding from windows and vents. It wasn’t pretty. 

We still had a really fun cruise, but there was no denying that the ship was in disrepair and in dire  need of either a massive renovation or to take a one way cruise to the scrapyard. I guess the scrapyard won. 

• Like 1

As much as I love Carnival, unfortunately, I didnt hear any positive news from them in awhile. I really hope to see some good deals in the near future and finally see some sort of an established schedule that I could follow. As for now, there is practically nothing