Nothing till January at least now

compman9

I got the email this morning cancelling our barrier reef cruise in December, kind of sad but equally not unexpected given the government announcement there. Did think they would hold out another month before actually cancelling it.

I may have missed it somewhere but I was a bit surprised to get the offer of taking the shore excursions bookings as a 125% FCC, I thought it was only the cruise itself that offer was for. The default is a straight refund (which I think i will take given the timing), just have two week to tell them if I want the FCC.  

Now to decide if I want to try and battle them to lift and shift instead as the ones next year are both outside the 4 week window and 1 or 2 days different in itinerary. 

1 minute ago, alwaysonaship said:

Well i hope they will cancel ours Jan 2021 before final payment it due. Knowing celebrity they wont. Yes I did a non-refundable deposit because we have never missed a cruise.

Unless you don’t plan to cruise again until after 5/4/22, you can cancel now and get your entire deposit returned as a FCC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djh said:

Ok, so they have cancelled all the cruises before and after our Eclipse November cruise but not our cruise? Surely they will correct that soon.

😂😂.  We cancelled our 2 cruises that were just before your and got a FCC for the NRD and refund for the other.  Hope you guys are doing ok in this crazy time.

Just now, jelayne said:

Unless you don’t plan to cruise again until after 5/4/22, you can cancel now and get your entire deposit returned as a FCC.

I am aware of that, however we have some health issues that might not allow us to go in another year. We have been 3 times, but  this one may have been the last. I personally do not like FCC as you never know what is going to happen with these cruise lines. 

5 minutes ago, djh said:

Ok, so they have cancelled all the cruises before and after our Eclipse November cruise but not our cruise? Surely they will correct that soon.

Did you book with Celebrity or a TA? If it is the latter, maybe the TA had the notification and not told you yet

7 minutes ago, roked said:

Did you book with Celebrity or a TA? If it is the latter, maybe the TA had the notification and not told you yet

As I scrolled way  down through the notice, I found that our cruise has been suspended too. 

3 minutes ago, djh said:

As I scrolled way  down through the notice, I found that our cruise has been suspended too. 

You must have had a completely different notification to me then. Mine had all my booking details at the top and told me in the first paragraph my cruise (or 'upcoming voyage') is cancelled... Probably typical of Celebrity that even after months of this, they cannot produce a uniformed comms on it 🤣

4 minutes ago, roked said:

You must have had a completely different notification to me then. Mine had all my booking details at the top and told me in the first paragraph my cruise (or 'upcoming voyage') is cancelled... Probably typical of Celebrity that even after months of this, they cannot produce a uniformed comms on it 🤣

My TA  hasn’t  gotten an official notice yet, I  just looked at the global suspension notice that they just posted.

Edited by djh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alwaysonaship said:

Well i hope they will cancel ours Jan 2021 before final payment it due. Knowing celebrity they wont. Yes I did a non-refundable deposit because we have never missed a cruise.

You are aware that you can cancel before final payment and get the entire NRD as an FCC.   Or L&S before the 9/30 deadline.  Or move the reservation to another sailing date at prevailing rates with no penalty.

Here's the message I received -

About your upcoming travels

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your upcoming cruise vacation. As you may be aware, the Australian Government has announced an extension to their current suspension of cruise tourism in the region.  In response to this decision, Celebrity Cruises will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings aboard Celebrity Eclipse and Celebrity Solstice, departing between November 1st and December 31st, 2020.  Unfortunately, our extended suspension now includes cancellation of your upcoming voyage. 

Please know this decision was not made lightly, as we value your vacation time and want to ensure you have the best experience possible on a Celebrity Cruise.  As the world continues to confront the many challenges resulting from COVID-19, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit. With the goal of a healthy return to service in mind, Celebrity Cruises, as part of the Royal Caribbean Group, has assembled a “Healthy Sail Panel” of globally recognized experts, who are working alongside our public health and medical team, to guide the cruise industry’s way forward in response to the pandemic.

In order to compensate you for this cancellation, all booked guests will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valid until December 31st, 2021, for use on sailings through May 4th, 2022.  The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amounts paid toward your cruise and will be processed by October 16th, 2020 via email.  Please note, when redeeming your Future Cruise Credit, only one FCC may be applied per person, per reservation. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded automatically to your original form of payment within 30 days of cancellation.  If you prefer a 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until December 31, 2020. 

To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please contact your travel partner or click here and we will get the process started for you. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after you submit your request.  You also have the option of keeping your cruise vacation plans to the same destination and rescheduling for next year on a date within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure.  Just contact us or your travel partner by September 28th, and your reservation will be shifted at the same rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking.  Please note, if you have already cancelled your sailing by taking advantage of our Cruise With Confidence policy you will not be eligible to receive the compensation noted above.

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund.  In order to select the 125% Onboard Credit please click here to submit your request.  If we have not received your choice of compensation for these pre-booked items by September 28th, you will automatically receive a full refund to your original method of payment.  Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible. 

Guests with refundable air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.  You will not need to call in to initiate the process.  Guests with nonrefundable flights booked through Flights by Celebrity or independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family.  We appreciate your understanding as we do our part in minimizing the spread of the coronavirus. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alwaysonaship said:

Not to worry, you will not miss this cruise only Lift and Shift it...

That is if your schedule will permit you to do so...

bon voyage

4 hours ago, roked said:

I may have missed it somewhere but I was a bit surprised to get the offer of taking the shore excursions bookings as a 125% FCC, I thought it was only the cruise itself that offer was for. The default is a straight refund (which I think i will take given the timing), just have two week to tell them if I want the FCC.  

We were offered that choice, so I decided to take a refund for the cruise itself but the 125% for the bookings. However, I ended up being refunded for both 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️.

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

😂😂.  We cancelled our 2 cruises that were just before your and got a FCC for the NRD and refund for the other.  Hope you guys are doing ok in this crazy time.

We are Joan, thanks. Finally were able to do some volunteering at the grandsons school so we aren’t going quite as crazy. Curious to see how many of the eleven cruises we have booked for next year we will actually be able to take! You and Greg take care.   Debbie 

14 hours ago, jojo1966 said:

Well...not from Australia anyway...still not cancelled our November one ....grrrrrrrrr

The rest will be coming. I mean New Zealand has had no community spread for months and Australia is doing far better than the United States in managing this (about 50 cases in the past 24 hrs in Australia vs. around 37,000 new cases in the States). If those countries don't allow cruising then how could the U.S. start up again?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WonderMan3 said:

The rest will be coming. I mean New Zealand has had no community spread for months and Australia is doing far better than the United States in managing this (about 50 cases in the past 24 hrs in Australia vs. around 37,000 new cases in the States). If those countries don't allow cruising then how could the U.S. start up again?

Our cruise is Asia ..not US ...but considering Japan aren't even letting tourists in at the moment I don't understand why celebrity don't just cancel the damn thing and put us out of our misery !!