Is Platinum level worth booking 9 nights?

marybeealex

On 9/15/2020 at 5:22 PM, yogimax said:

Congratulations!  Next goal... 350.

The meal with an officer is a favorite perk, even it's a somewhat low level officer.  We had a grand time with the guy in charge of the laundry.

340, not 350.  Love the extra bottle of wine!

13 hours ago, island lady said:

Have done the same thing...ended up with more wine than we could use...have taken unopened bottles back off the ship as well.  Doesn't always happen...but does on shorter cruises.  

I only bring the Belle Glos home, leave the rest behind. Unless we're in Europe and I can't get the Beringer😉

20200715_090616.thumb.jpg.64cdfd1a8d2b322803c0502fd8124e6c.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 8:49 AM, Tatka said:

Eh... why should it be on the bottom of the list? We became much more loyal to Royal around reaching DL, because Royal benefits add a lot to whole experience.

Because each individual point really isn't worth that much in future benefits.    If you miss a level by one cruise for not taking a longer cruise you will get there on the next one. 

It doesn't make any sense to go on a cruise that you don't think you would enjoy as much just to up your level.  And that's why I think it should be at the bottom of the list.

Edited by fred30

17 hours ago, fred30 said:

Because each individual point really isn't worth that much in future benefits.    If you miss a level by one cruise for not taking a longer cruise you will get there on the next one. 

It doesn't make any sense to go on a cruise that you don't think you would enjoy as much just to up your level.  And that's why I think it should be at the bottom of the list.

I guess it depend on individual situation and number of points (how close you are to the next meaningful level).