Florida Senators Introduce Set Sail Act Toward Resuming US Cruises

LACruiser88

On 9/18/2020 at 9:27 PM, cruzsnooze said:

Cruising 'vital' to Florida's economy

Senator Scott called the cruise industry 'important to our state's economic success

Both Florida senators so of course they value economy over safety due to their ports being closed. It's too political for me to feel safe when it's done by these particular senators. I will wait until it's much safer to cruise based on medical experts opinions. 

The two FL senators are following the lead of the FL governor who believes the pandemic is a hoax and insists on opening up the schools and businesses.  After all what could go wrong in God's waiting room.  Personally I follow what Dr Fausi and his medical colleagues are saying and certainly not what some mouthpiece politician has to say.  I went to a board certified and licensed medical practice for my colonoscopy and not a plumber.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, satxdiver said:

The two FL senators are following the lead of the FL governor who believes the pandemic is a hoax and insists on opening up the schools and businesses.  After all what could go wrong in God's waiting room.  Personally I follow what Dr Fausi and his medical colleagues are saying and certainly not what some mouthpiece politician has to say.  I went to a board certified and licensed medical practice for my colonoscopy and not a plumber.   

You do realize that much of Europe and Asia never closed their schools and many of those countries have year round schools.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Dr Fauci who is a life long epidemiologist with science and medicine and apolitical.

The same Dr Fauci who changes his mind on different aspects every other week? Is that the only "experts" you would rely on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is this the same Florida that has no state income tax?

The same Florida that depends on tourism to fuel its economy and balance its budget?

The same Florida that did not want tha Coral and Zaandam, full of tourists, to dock there and drain Florida medical services?

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

So you like advise from your doctor but a politician to make the judgement? I'll take my doctors advise and use their recommendations and leave politics out of..It is my life is at stake.

Good statesman should take advice from various professionals.  Medical professionals do have huge differences of opinion on all topics.   Please read the statement by the American Academy of Pediatrics where they urged an immediate return to school:     AAP

• Like 4

On 9/20/2020 at 5:52 AM, LoveThatCorgi said:

I agree.  The only other thing I consider is that to date, this process has seemingly been controlled by a single entity,  and they haven't seemed inclined to move forward.  I submitted a comment over a week ago on their July 21 RFI, and it has yet to be reviewed and posted to the comments section.  Honestly, I expect them to extend, yet again, their no sail order.  A panel with oversight might at least take decisions out of the hands of a single entity and provide a more broad-based review.

I have reached out to our senators and asked that they consider supporting this proposal.

they have not moved forward because the cruise had not submitted plans prior to this week. According to the head of Princess, the CLIA cruise lines, including princess will be submitting plans to the CDC this week. the healthy sail panel set up by ecl and nclh just released their report today.

13 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

So you like advise from your doctor but a politician to make the judgement? I'll take my doctors advise and use their recommendations and leave politics out of..It is my life is at stake.

Many qualified/intelligent medical doctors disagree on treatment recommendations and even diagnoses. That is why it is very common to get a 2nd opinion. We do not get a choice to seek other advice if a medical bureaucrat is allowed to make decisions. The medical bureaucrat has no accountability to the people they are imposing their decisions on. If we don't like a politician's judgement, we can write letters/call to request they seek additional opinions or we can vote them out. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Potstech said:

The same Dr Fauci who changes his mind on different aspects every other week? Is that the only "experts" you would rely on.

He's not so egotistical he can't revise data as information becomes known and unavailable. That's what a good doctor and scientist does. He's brilliant and when he says it's a safe vaccine and go ahead on cruise ships that's who I'll believe.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

He's not so egotistical he can't revise data as information becomes known and unavailable. That's what a good doctor and scientist does. He's brilliant and when he says it's a safe vaccine and go ahead on cruise ships that's who I'll believe.

It is ok for you to make that decision for yourself, that is legitimate, just like you listen to your personal physician.   It is different to make a decision for 330 million people.  We cannot rely on a single individual to make that decision that is why we have a political system.  To use Wikipedia's definition which is a peer review definition and likely acceptable by most academics:

Politics is the set of activities that are associated with making decisions in groups, or other forms of power relations between individuals, such as the distribution of resources or status. The academic study of politics is referred to as political science.

Society does not give physicians the same set of responsibilities.  Their duties are to the individual patient

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

How do you determine he is not egotistical?  He went so far as to suggest wearing a mask during sex. He has been for mask then against mask then for them again.  He has supported lockdowns and he has not supported them.  Sorry I trust him no more than I trust any one person on the virus issue.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

The thing is, doctors don't agree.  My cardiologist says masks do more harm than good, especially for vulnerable adults.  So, yes, I'm taking her advice.  More importantly, I'm a grown-up and can make my own decisions.  Let me do my own research, give me the opinions of my own health care professionals, and then let me take the consequences of my own decision.  Just as someone who decides in the opposite way takes the consequences for their decision.

• Like 2